KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

L3Harris Employee Reviews about "9 80 work"

Updated Nov 25, 2021

Found 84 of over 2,004 reviews

3.6
L3Harris Vice Chair and CEO Chris Kubasik
Chris Kubasik

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good benefits and retirement accounts.(in 158 reviews)
  • "Best of all are the great people I get to work with and the exciting problems that we solve together.(in 156 reviews)
  • "If your working under contract through yoh then the pay is good when you get it every week(in 130 reviews)
  • "Work/life balance is good but I think that depends a lot on the team you're on.(in 81 reviews)
  • "Coworkers were great and had managers who trusted employees to get the work done.(in 49 reviews)
Cons
  • "poor management there(in 106 reviews)
  • "Raises are low (mine with a standard performance rating was 2.2%)(in 31 reviews)
  • "Many managers (not all) are too busy to help guide engineers career paths.(in 30 reviews)
  • "Senior leadership very disconnected from the needs of the employees; employees very much viewed as commodities; immature DEI model; no semblance of work(in 29 reviews)
  • "Blame culture(in 29 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of L3Harris and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "9 80 work"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

New to Enterprise-But overall positive experience

Nov 15, 2021 - Project Manager in Melbourne, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

9/80 work schedule, learning opportunities, and work life balance. I was also assigned a mentor prior to my start date, and this was a very helpful on-boarding crutch to acclimate into the new role.

Cons

The on-boarding process is treacherous, and getting all your equipment setup within the ecosystem of L3Harris can be nightmarish. Once setup, it's smooth sailing. Project handoff hasn't been ideal, from one PM to another so you can expect a steep learning curve.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Best Combination of Exciting Work, Culture, and Work-Life Balance

Mar 9, 2021 - Machine Learning and Computer Vision Engineer in Tulsa, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

For an engineer, this is an incredible place that offers exciting technical work to do in the business. Out of three jobs, this has been way better day-to-day than anything before. The culture is professional with a Dress for Your Day policy, a flexible work schedule. Employee friendly accurately describes L3Harris. I can work a 9/80 schedule, wear comfy clothes, and my preference of work and team is highly valued. Plus, my teammates actually help me develop. The PTO is incredible at 4 weeks a year from Day 1 for all employees. The compensation is very good for the cost of living. The retirement matching is standard for engineers, and the health insurance has the lowest deductible for the price out of my 3 companies. I wish I had started my career here and highly recommend this company for those looking for a better company or to start their careers.

Cons

With the recent merger with Harris, the company is still undergoing some normal growing pains with IT and other processes. This is usually the norm everywhere I've been so this is just to make sure no one thinks everything is perfect.

Sr Associate, Engagement and Inclusion

Thank you for your review. We're so happy to hear you are enjoying your experience with us. The work we do supports important mission-critical solutions our customers depend on us for every day. Our culture of inclusion allows us to bring our best selves to work, and our benefits, such as our flexible work schedules and discretionary PTO, helps employees manage their work/life integration. We appreciate your hard work and your contributions!

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great employee benefits and experience

Aug 30, 2021 - Software Engineer in Middletown, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

You get every other Friday off work which is awesome (9/80 schedule). Lots of flexibility in working hours. Solid benefits as well. Room to try out some different things experience areas within the company.

Cons

Very rare asking for overtime. It’s project specific but I’ve only had to do it (+5 hours per week) for one two month period in 3 years of work. Communications from executives can be lacking as well

Lead: Talent Management

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you are having a positive employee experience and are enjoying the flexibility needed to help balance your work/life integration!

4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

excellent life-work balance

Sep 8, 2021 - Senior Quality Engineer in Anaheim, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

excellent benefits including tuition reimbursement, flex spending account, flex time, 9/80 & 4/10 work schedules available. Interesting and wide variation of product portfolio from space to military products. Remote work options available for non-touch labor (salary) roles. Promotes from within.

Cons

health coverage is not the best

Lead: Talent Management

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you are enjoying our benefits, flexibility, and work on our products!

5. 5.0

Great place to work.

Sep 13, 2021 - Mechanical Assembler in Amityville, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

9/80 schedule, the way you can build your PTO, your ability to grow within the company, the recognition for the way you work, the environmentin calm and polite, they help you with going back to school, having a degree in this field helps your pay.

Cons

The pay could be much better.

Lead: Talent Management

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you are enjoying our flexibility, growth opportunity and recognition practices. We annually review pay data from salary surveys covering industry related organizations. This approach places greater emphasis on competitiveness with the external market and allows L3Harris to align our pay practices more precisely with the market at the individual position level.

6. 2.0

Low Pay

Nov 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits 9/80 Unlimited PTO Sick Leave 401K match up to 6%

Cons

Low Pay Low morale Overloaded workload Focus on dollars over employees

3 people found this review helpful
  7. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Perks, Solid Work

Feb 17, 2021 - Associate Software Engineer in Clifton, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Incredible benefits: unlimited sick time and PTO, 6% 100% retirement matching, healthcare, 9/80 schedule, etc. -My work (and a lot of other work) is classified, which means that it can never be done outside of work, making work hours ONLY 8-5. No work after I leave or on weekends! -Helpful, kind people who want you to succeed -Work is not incredibly difficult but hard and interesting enough that you have to exercise your brain often -Great pay

Cons

-They could use some more teaching at the beginning. The approach is to just throw you in, which for my first job was intimidating and difficult at first. But it did work out in the end, just after some emotional turmoil and thinking I'm too dumb for this job -Too much focus on quality assurance, logging your time, etc. Things would be more efficient if all of these things didn't need to be done

Sr Associate, Engagement and Inclusion

We're happy to hear you are enjoying your work/life integration and the benefits we offer. If you have additional questions or suggestions regarding your onboarding experience, we encourage you to reach out to your HR Business Partner. If you find an opportunity to improve our processes, please connect with your manager and recommend how we can continuously improve.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company, BUT.. not every L3Harris Site Is Created Equal

May 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

9/80 work schedule and PTO is fantastic. Benefits and pay are both fair on my end. The people I have reported up to are pretty good along with the sector support I receive. There are some great people here.

Cons

The site I work is complete junk. The facility and culture (Legacy L3) is not good due to years and years of neglect. Other sites have much nicer facilities and equipment. There are growing pains with process/procedures, IT, HR, etc from the L3Harris merger in 2019.

Sr Associate, Engagement and Inclusion

Thanks for your review. We're glad to hear you are enjoying the total rewards and your team. We encourage you to reach out to your HR Business Partner regarding the Westwood facilities. If there is an EHS concern, please report it to your manager, HR Business Partner or online immediately.

9. 4.0

Good work/life balance

Nov 20, 2020 - Manufacturing Engineer II in Malabar, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great vacation policy (160 hours/year, but more is allowed as long as it gets approved). 9/80 schedule so every other Friday you get off. Not cutthroat, just do your job well and in a reasonable amount of time, and you’ll do fine. Putting in overtime is not forced nor necessary to do well as long as you get your work done.

Cons

Chances of getting a raise/promotion really depends on how much your manager cares/likes you and not necessarily based on your skill and contribution to the company. It varies. Best way to get a raise is to get an offer somewhere else and have them counter. Sometimes you may go above and beyond the call of duty for months, and all you’ll get is a gift card. I believe that having a clearance will afford you some extra favorability—they usually approve more vacation hours (200 hours easily, and more if it gets approved), and promotions seem easier to attain because they want to keep you after spending so much money on security clearances.

10. 3.0

Good benefits,

Aug 21, 2021 - Cyber Intelligence Analyst in Palm Bay, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

"Unlimited" PTO Separate Sick Time 4/10 or 9/80 work schedule these things allow for work/ life balance if you know the worth of the position, you can negotiate a good salary

Cons

no diversity need to make friends to advance blunt favoritism few do much of the work, many do little Low ethics and morals amongst leadership

Lead: Talent Management

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you are enjoying our benefits, flexibility and work/life integration. We take all reports of unethical behavior very seriously. If you have concerns, we encourage you to reach out to your manager, HR Business Partner or Ethics Advisor. Additionally, we offer employees a way to voice their concerns confidentially and/or anonymously, through the Ethics & Compliance Helpline (www.L3HarrisHelpline.com or 877-532-6339). Thank you.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 84 Reviews