L3Harris Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated 28 Nov 2019

3.6
L3Harris CEO Bill Brown
Bill Brown
  1. "Committed to the war fighter"

Current Employee - Manager in Clifton, NJ

I have been working at L3Harris full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Everyone is committed to protecting our war fighters and use that goal to make decisions and guide our conduct. People look to do the right thing, and there is a sense of comradery among the employees.

Cons

Facility is older but is being upgraded and really isn't that bad.

Advice to Management

Continue to support this business as it is key to our collective freedom.

L3Harris2019-11-29

"Progressive and people focused company"

Current Employee - Senior Project/Program Manager in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at L3Harris full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

L3Harris is a fast growing company with great culture and employee focused policies.

Cons

Some growing pains are currently being experienced but certainly will be temporary.

L3Harris2019-10-07
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Off to a great start"

Current Employee - Technical Support Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at L3Harris full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Flexible and progressive company with a focus on team building and collaboration. Good career opportunities and availability of education and training . Allows remote working / home office for those who prove dedication to success of the program.

Cons

Nothing to note at this time

L3Harris2019-10-10
  5. "Exciting times at new L3Harris"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Greenville, TX

I have been working at L3Harris full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Engaged leaders supporting incredible technology in products and smart people who can integrate complex systems on any platform to deliver affordable solutions for our military and allies.

Cons

As with any integration of two large companies, there are some growing pains and organizational issues to work through, but progress is being made.

Advice to Management

Ensure site leadership is keeping empolyees informed, let them know when integration progress is delayed and what is being done to regain progress.

L3Harris2019-10-03
  6. "Excellent Company"

Current Employee - Associate Manager in Rochester, NY

I have been working at L3Harris full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits, Pay, Opportunity, Growth, Team Environment, Company cares about the employees

Cons

At this time I haven't seen any "cons" of working at L3Harris

Advice to Management

Continue the excellent "Pro" of thinking of the employees.

L3Harris2019-10-01

"Good place to start out"

Former Employee - Manager in Mason, OH

I worked at L3Harris full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great tech! Infrared tech for military and government. Rockets and spaceships on the other side of the building. Great place to learn. Great place for new hires especially now.

Cons

Since the merger management is encouraging older workers to seek employment elsewhere to free up some cash. Things like eliminating accumulated vacation time and reducing vacation time for employees with greater than twenty years service. Liquidity is low so they are not offering to buyout older workers. The next step is a layoff of some older, higher paid workers along with some younger employees to keep it... legal. Not the first time. Expect it sooner than later. I was not personally affected. I got out in time. Winter is coming.

Advice to Management

Be the good guy. Buyout older workers. Keep your L3 reputation for fairness and ethics.

L3Harris2019-09-25

"I moved across the country for a job opportunity for L3Harris, and it was a great decision"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at L3Harris full-time for less than a year

Pros

As I mentioned in the headline, I moved my family from a different state to join L3 Harris and I feel like it was a life-altering decision (in a good way!). Some other pros: -9/80s for those in the segment - Management support and execution behind good ideas - You will be working with incredibly smart people - Headquarters location--- Brevard County is a great place to raise a family

Cons

- Some of the buildings/ facilities are on the older side - Parking at the HTC is like participating in 'The Hunger Games' (getting into work early helps with this)

Advice to Management

N/A

L3Harris2019-08-19

"Not the company it once was - too much disruption"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Palm Bay, FL

I have been working at L3Harris full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

9/80 work week for some employees, casual dress, reasonable pay, interesting work

Cons

Two mergers in less than five years have led to tremendous inefficiency and stressful work environments. Human Resources calls the shots on things which they have no business getting into. Employees (prospective new hires or existing) are discriminated against if they are over the age of 50. Performance reviews, seniority, experience are not considered in reorganizations resulting from the mergers. Instead, it is... all about cronyism and who you know. The chairman/CEO is an M&A guy, who will likely not stop, despite what he told employees at the merger with L3. He still has a few more years to go, and I would lay money down that another will be in the works, if it is not already. A decade or two ago, Harris was known as a family-oriented company. Employees were close-knit. It was a respected member of the communities in which it was located. These are no longer the case. It's just another large company with no distinguishing personality that works for the big block shareholders.

Advice to Management

If you want to be a big company, start acting like one. Pay attention to the skills, education, and experience of your employees, rather than what you think you know about people. Focus on letting mature employees mentor younger ones, rather than placing them in head-to-head (and losing) competition with younger ones.

L3Harris2019-08-03
  10. "Interesting and innovative technologies in a fast growing industry"

Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at L3Harris full-time for more than a year

Pros

Interesting projects Work with great people They plan for the future Good communication Investment in training and development Regular social activities

Cons

Long hours and not enough people

L3Harris2019-11-03

"Awful"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England

I have been working at L3Harris full-time for more than a year

Pros

Reasonable pay and benefits some would say

Cons

Poor culture, poor morale, no investment in people

L3Harris2019-10-31