L3Harris Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 12, 2019

3.2
L3Harris CEO Bill Brown
Bill Brown
Pros
  • "Work/life balance is good but I think that depends a lot on the team you're on(in 9 reviews)

• "9/80 Work Schedual (current site)(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Many parts of the business are not functioning correctly (poor management oversight, lack of administrative or management support, etc)(in 5 reviews)

• "2 weeks PTO for legacy Harris employees(in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Exciting times at a great company"

Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at L3Harris full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I get to be part of the biggest defense industry merger in history between Harris and L3 Technologies! As a legacy Harris employee, this company has only grown in my 3+ years here. The work is challenging and exciting and the opportunities for growth are abundant. I feel completely secure in my career trajectory here and get to work with some of the best and brightest in the industry. Not only that, but the products... L3Harris makes support our military and space critical missions which is not only cool, but very close to my heart. We keep people safe and allow those who serve the ability to defend this country with some leading edge technology! The company itself is in growth mode and I believe it will continue to with the merger. Benefits are good - very competitive with the industry. The discretionary vacation policy is great - no set bank of hours, just up to your manager. The area is great as well - great schools and living on the beach (can't beat it!)

Cons

I haven't found any yet

L3Harris2019-08-30
  2. "Integrating two great companies to become an even better place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at L3Harris full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

L3Harris is a super exciting place to work these days, especially post-merger. The technologies we develop are cutting edge and keep people safe. It's incredibly meaningful and important work, and the opportunities are endless. I've been with the company (in legacy form) for 10 years and have had various roles where I've been able to learn and develop into impactful leadership roles. The culture is steeped in... technology, innovation, learning, and empowerment. The future looks even brighter and I'm truly proud to work here.

Cons

Variation in schedules across locations and legacy companies can be a bit of a challenge.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower employees, promote from within, bring in new top talent, and harmonize for continue growth.

L3Harris2019-11-08

"A company in transition"

Current Employee - Analyst V in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at L3Harris full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

L3Harris has a great engineering community. They have a lot of IP that is critical to the defense infrastructure, and they have some really brilliant people. They've got quite a task in front of them, integrating and re-engineering the company following the merger of L3 and Harris. Unfortunately, there is a lot of internal forming and norming that needs to be done before the company can get back to performing.

Cons

It's rather chaotic following the merger. Many parts of the business are not functioning correctly (poor management oversight, lack of administrative or management support, etc). Your job in during this period may be fantastic, you may be underutilized, or you may get caught in a bad situation while new business processes are being figured out. Also, they're pairing down benefits, as they've been doing... continually over the last ten years, from industry-leading to (slightly below) average.

Advice to Management

You have a lot of resources in your people, but a fast transition and seemingly random appointment of leadership structure (on the L3 side) is painful. I'd recommend reaching out with more surveys to the mid-level and actually listening to them.

L3Harris2019-11-07
  4. "Intern"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer

I have been working at L3Harris full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay great , great people ,

Cons

Need more engineering experience for interns

L3Harris2019-11-06
  5. "High Technology Company with Lots of Potential Advancement Opportunities"

Current Employee - Human Resources Leader

I have been working at L3Harris full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- advancement opportunities - work/life balance - leadership - customer focus

Cons

Not one that I can think of

L3Harris2019-11-03
  6. "A great place to learn and grow"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at L3Harris full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Meaningful and challenging work - A high performing organization - Empowerment to influence real change - A strong organizational mission

Cons

- Intense work environment with elevated expectations, but a great place to work with highly motivated and talented individuals where opportunities to grow and learn are widely available.

Advice to Management

- Continue to focus on evolving the overall employee experience

L3Harris2019-10-31
  7. "Exciting times ahead"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at L3Harris full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Recent merger is creating even more great opportunities Focus on diversity and inclusion is REAL and supported Advanced technologies and great work force

Cons

Some practices are old school, but the company is working on addressing

L3Harris2019-10-30
  8. "Great well rounded environment with a lot of opportunity"

Current Employee - Expediter in Waco, TX

I have been working at L3Harris full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great place wot work. Not only is it exciting to be a part of an innovative team, but they offer great pay and benefits. Teams come together her to get the job done. Your encouraged to learn and grow. I’m looking forward to a long career with this wonderful team.

Cons

I don’t have anything to add to this section.

L3Harris2019-10-30
  9. "L3Harris Software Engineer Co-op Review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, TX

I worked at L3Harris full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people and good pay considering the location and being in college still.

Cons

Location is Greenville TX, which is an hour out from Dallas, so commute is difficult

10. "Understaffed"

Current Employee - Master Scheduler

I have been working at L3Harris full-time

Pros

Interesting programs that benefit the military for training

Cons

They lack the ability to plan and are constantly understaffed

L3Harris2019-11-13