KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

3.6
L3Harris Chair and CEO Chris Kubasik
Chris Kubasik

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Best of all are the great people I get to work with and the exciting problems that we solve together.(in 178 reviews)
  • "Well paid and good benefits(in 177 reviews)
  • "If your working under contract through yoh then the pay is good when you get it every week(in 142 reviews)
  • "Work/life balance is good but I think that depends a lot on the team you're on.(in 84 reviews)
  • "Coworkers were great and had managers who trusted employees to get the work done.(in 54 reviews)
Cons
  • "Political, poor management, Decisions made to meet corporate objectives that are detrimental to business(in 124 reviews)
  • "Senior leadership very disconnected from the needs of the employees; employees very much viewed as commodities; immature DEI model; no semblance of work(in 38 reviews)
  • "Many managers (not all) are too busy to help guide engineers career paths.(in 32 reviews)
  • "No bonuses just spot bonuses if someone processes them or if the funds are available.(in 31 reviews)
  • "Upper management are arrogant, out of touch and not transparent.(in 29 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of L3Harris and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 3.0
    Current Employee

Good starter but poor advancement opportunities

Jul 4, 2022 - Test Methods Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

People Good starting salary Union Flexibility

Cons

Poor raises No accommodations Doesn’t incentivize Stuck in the old era

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Toxic American work culture now pervades a once great place to work

Jul 1, 2022 - Systems Engineering Manager in Waterdown, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great folks working in the Canadian division! Challenging and rewarding work. Good compensation (until Harris stepped in)

Cons

The merger with Harris resulted in a step change in culture and focus. The Canadian ethos of 'work hard and look after people (customers and employees)' was replaced with 'work hard and maximise profit....people? what do you mean people? thats not on the strategic plan'. Local Leaders and Managers ability to lead and manage eroded over time through incrementally centralized control. A complete ignorance by American leadership to recognise non-American business units and individuals. eg: Regularly sending exclusively American focussed emails to global employee base.

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 4.0
    Current Employee

Jul 1, 2022 - Managing Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Leadership across all areas

Cons

International aspect is a struggle

Be the first to find this review helpful
  4. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Not good.

Jul 1, 2022 - Technician in Clifton, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some legacy employees remain since the merger but few are left. They will assist you best. The new leadership will not.

Cons

Following the acquisition of Exelis by Harris, and the subsequent merger with L3 Technologies, the new leadership is ill-equipped to administer a business they clearly know nothing about. Employees who ask questions or disagree with process changes are ostracized and often fired, leaving the only option left: Let it fail, which it has. Promotions and new hires are based on identity and not qualifications. New hires are often paid more than those tasked with training them. This is not a good company to make long term career plans.

3 people found this review helpful
  5. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Salary doesn’t match work put in

Jul 1, 2022 - Security Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great PTO package and flexibility to adjust hours

Cons

Poor performance is tolerated. Hard work is not recognized.

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good, not great

Jun 30, 2022 - Associate Software Engineer in Clifton, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

9/80 work schedule so every other Friday off flexible work hours the average employee is very kind some incredibly smart people who can teach you a lot Low stress environment I never had to work past like 6pm or on a weekend Unlimited PTO and sick time Lots of freedom Processes and work flow are well organized They do not fire full time engineers- you have to be doing a truly awful awful terrible job to get fired (this could be seen as a con too)

Cons

Though I would say they have relatively low expectations, the content of the work is challenging. This would be exciting and fun if they taught you to understand it, but there is absolutely no technical training. As a new college graduate, I was just given a task and expected to know how to do every part of the process immediately. Eventually I figured it out, but the first six months were scary and hard. They could REALLY benefit from more teaching about aerospace and defense engineering to those early in their careers. Extremely slow growth. It took the average new college grad 2.5-3 years to get their first promotion, which was only about a 7% raise. Otherwise you're lucky to get 2% per year No praise for good work- it goes completely unnoticed. Typically your manager is not on your project so they have no idea how well you're actually doing so they can't see any good work you may be doing I felt like there were some iffy moments for me as woman. Men told me I was too weak to lift the heavy equipment (I am not a small lady), but said nothing to twig armed men lifting it. Despite performance reviews saying I was "incredible" and exceeding expectations, I did not ever receive a promotion but watched several mediocre men get promoted. Always had to be the one to take notes during meetings (1 week after I had put in my two weeks, I was invited to a very important meeting and told I was only there to take notes and send them to my male boss). Always had to be the one to take on non-technical intern-type work (I was not even close to the most junior person on the team- we had several interns). Always the only girl in the room. Pay is pretty mediocre. Got a 40% raise by leaving Really distant management - didn't meet my manager until I had put my 2 weeks in and he was begging me to stay It feels like 95% of the company is old white guys. That's probably an exaggeration but they are definitely the ones with all of the power and it shows in the culture. Regularly overheard anti-asian, anti-black, anti-immigrant, anti-vax, anti-mask conversations (which I did report anonymously to HR so idk what happened) Everything is 10 years behind. Still using skype, coding primarily in C++ 98 (the year I was born), visual studio 2015

1 person found this review helpful