L3Harris Reviews | Glassdoor

Bill Brown
  1. "Company"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant

I worked at L3Harris full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Salary is great for assistants

Cons

Ended because of merger

L3Harris2019-11-24

"Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at L3Harris full-time

Pros

Good work life balance overall

Cons

Benefits shrink each year overall

L3Harris2019-12-06
  3. "Collaborative and Exciting"

Current Employee - Hardware Design Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at L3Harris full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I started working at L3Harris in Salt Lake City thinking I would stay for just a couple of years, but I have loved the collaborative environment, the culture of excellence, and the great local management so much that I plan to stay for quite a while. There’s a reason why retention is so high at L3Harris in Salt Lake City. I think the benefits and flexible work schedule (9/80 or 4/10) are really good, and the work... life balance is excellent. Most weeks I work 40 hours, and I get paid overtime when things get busy. Best of all are the great people I get to work with and the exciting problems that we solve together.

Cons

Health care costs have gone up over the past few years, but I’m guessing that’s similar everywhere at the moment.

L3Harris2019-11-21
  4. "Grow your career at L3H"

Current Employee - Director in Clifton, NJ

I have been working at L3Harris full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I’ve worked at L3Harris for over 10 years and have seen incredible change. One thing that I have seen as a constant is that if you are hardworking and capable you will be noticed and can have a great career here. Not everything is perfect but I have seen more than a few people leave only to return in 3-5 years after finding the grass isn’t greener. The work we do here matters, and while it may be a hard to... connect the day to day work with the mission, we make a difference for our country and the men and women in the military every day. I’m proud to work for this company, not because it’s perfect, but because there are good people here and it’s a place where you can make a difference.

Cons

Change. It’s hard and it’s certainly been a constant, but if you can accept it and work through it you can succeed. The mothership is in Florida, and at times it feels like management struggles to engage in the challenges that satellite organizations face. I know from personal experience that management is working on it and striving to make that better.

Advice to Management

Find ways to empower people at all levels of the organization as we continue the journey to become an operating company. Make sure people who don’t work in the mothership know that their ideas and contributions are valued and accretive to L3Harris.

L3Harris2019-11-22

"A company in transition"

Current Employee - Analyst V in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at L3Harris full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

L3Harris has a great engineering community. They have a lot of IP that is critical to the defense infrastructure, and they have some really brilliant people. They've got quite a task in front of them, integrating and re-engineering the company following the merger of L3 and Harris. Unfortunately, there is a lot of internal forming and norming that needs to be done before the company can get back to performing.

Cons

It's rather chaotic following the merger. Many parts of the business are not functioning correctly (poor management oversight, lack of administrative or management support, etc). Your job in during this period may be fantastic, you may be underutilized, or you may get caught in a bad situation while new business processes are being figured out. Also, they're pairing down benefits, as they've been doing... continually over the last ten years, from industry-leading to (slightly below) average.

Advice to Management

You have a lot of resources in your people, but a fast transition and seemingly random appointment of leadership structure (on the L3 side) is painful. I'd recommend reaching out with more surveys to the mid-level and actually listening to them.

L3Harris2019-11-07

"Strugging with Merger"

Current Employee - Integration and Test Engineer

I have been working at L3Harris full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Trying to integrate new policies like dress for your day and "unlimited" vacation

Cons

Wide distaste for CEO, benefits get docked a little more each year. Poor management, need to drive your own career, little to no support for advancement.

L3Harris2019-11-22

"Took a nosedive after new system implementation"

I have been working at L3Harris full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people here are great and our work environment is better than any of my other jobs.

Cons

Corporate has their hands in everything and it’s not for the better. We went from one integrated system to multiple systems and it’s been a nightmare since the implementation. The level of stress has skyrocketed in some departments and I have witnessed a few employee meltdowns because of the system freezing or having to redo the work. The fact that the system they took us off of is being used at other L3 sites we... just merged with is upsetting. The work is taking longer to do and have to run 3 reports to get the information we used to get on one report. We used to get information quickly now we have to wait for overnight batching for somethings. I feel like we’ve gone backwards in time. They eliminated the accounting department locally however, they are still requesting things that the accounting department used to do. This place used to have happy workers but lately it looks like most people are miserable.

Advice to Management

When implementing a new system, corporate should really do their homework on the business unit. Don’t try and fit a business into a system. You should find a system that works for the business.

L3Harris2019-11-21
  8. "Integrating two great companies to become an even better place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at L3Harris full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

L3Harris is a super exciting place to work these days, especially post-merger. The technologies we develop are cutting edge and keep people safe. It's incredibly meaningful and important work, and the opportunities are endless. I've been with the company (in legacy form) for 10 years and have had various roles where I've been able to learn and develop into impactful leadership roles. The culture is steeped in... technology, innovation, learning, and empowerment. The future looks even brighter and I'm truly proud to work here.

Cons

Variation in schedules across locations and legacy companies can be a bit of a challenge.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower employees, promote from within, bring in new top talent, and harmonize for continue growth.

L3Harris2019-11-08

"My experience at L3 Harris was tolerating cumbersome processes mixed with some great but also disrespectful people."

Former Employee - Production Planner in Malabar, FL

I worked at L3Harris full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company makes interesting products in a clean environment. It's 9/80 work schedule is nice. There are numerous helpful, competent people to work with and for.

Cons

Processes, databases, work flow is cumbersome if not frustrating. Certain parts of management are disrespectful to others while in the presence of peer work groups.

Advice to Management

Disrespect toward others needs reigned in with some areas. Angry people can display thoughts outside of peer work groups and production meetings. Handling of employee failings, people movement needs improvement in some areas.

L3Harris2019-11-16
  10. "Intern"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer

I have been working at L3Harris full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay great , great people ,

Cons

Need more engineering experience for interns

L3Harris2019-11-06