L3Harris Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 5, 2019

3.3
L3Harris CEO Bill Brown
Bill Brown
  1. "Great well rounded environment with a lot of opportunity"

Current Employee - Expediter in Waco, TX

I have been working at L3Harris full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great place wot work. Not only is it exciting to be a part of an innovative team, but they offer great pay and benefits. Teams come together her to get the job done. Your encouraged to learn and grow. I’m looking forward to a long career with this wonderful team.

Cons

I don’t have anything to add to this section.

L3Harris2019-10-30

"The ‘merger’ is reducing employee benefits"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Muskegon, MI

I have been working at L3Harris full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Was higher than average pay but gap is gone

Cons

The merger, which is essentially a takeover by Harris, has already started to impact benefits for L3 legacy employees. Vacation hours reduced, vacation flexibility is reduced. There’s obvious drive to eliminate experienced salary employees. Expectation is bonus will be eliminated in 2020. The salary leveling will occur and employees with higher than average salaries, no matter their contribution will be... eliminated. Consolidation in defense will reduce competition and result in CEOs making millions and everyone else getting by with less.

Advice to Management

Don’t take from employees in name of business improvements and have CEO exercise $61M in stock options.

L3Harris2019-11-05
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "L3Harris Software Engineer Co-op Review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, TX

I worked at L3Harris full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people and good pay considering the location and being in college still.

Cons

Location is Greenville TX, which is an hour out from Dallas, so commute is difficult

L3Harris2019-10-30
  5. "Paperwork and little gets done."

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at L3Harris full-time for more than a year

Pros

High Salary, Huge bonuses, Profit Sharing, and amazing benefits.

Cons

Paperwork, long hours, document EVERYTHING, your watched like an inmate in prison.

Advice to Management

Even though this job does deal with national security we'd still like some personal space.

L3Harris2019-12-03

"Great company and work balance with 9/80 Schedule"

Current Employee - Systems Integration and Test

I have been working at L3Harris full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

L3Harris is a good company. It has its challenges but overall is a decent Institution. If you want to work for it, I would say, go ahead and apply. 9/80 schedule, Super! Also the company will not fire you for any reasons, it reminds me a little bit the military, you have to really mess up in order to get fired. Thumb up!

Cons

In my opinion, the company doesn't pay good compared to other companies; that is one of the reasons many people are leaving for more competitive salaries. I gave a rating of 3/5 because of this reason.

Advice to Management

Give your engineers a better pay, your organization is a good one... if not, good people will leave.

L3Harris2019-11-04

"Toxic Place To Work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Palm Bay, FL

I have been working at L3Harris full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is a job that pays

Cons

This is not a good company for a software engineer. No work life balance. Poor benefits. Disconnected engineering leadership. Double digit turnover. Note: I guess our reviews were getting bad on this site because they asked us to post.

Advice to Management

Reach out to employees and try to make it a better place to work

L3Harris2019-11-22

"The FL Harris portion of L3Harris promotes a 1toxic/bullying work place culture."

Former Employee - FPGA Design Engineer in Palm Bay, FL

I worked at L3Harris full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The pay is reasonable for a year or two.

Cons

A fear/bullying culture is instilled because you can't trust leadership. If you show any weakness leadership will exploit that and make you look bad. Leadership will not provide any technical training leaving you constantly investing your own time outside of work learning about the new technologies. Leadership will advertise they train employees but that is a lie and it is just corporate training that doesn't help... you with your job at all. Overall they don't invest in engineering so don't expect anyone on your team to be an expert. You will give everything and leadership will step on you. During my time at L3Harris I was bullied, yelled at swore at and was in constant fear of leadership. Leadership at L3Haris are a bunch of snakes because none of them care about you and you are just a resource and not an asset to them. You are just a human shield to them in combat of government contracts. My advice to anyone considering this company would be only consider if you are desperate because you will get treated like dirt.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting the jerks/bullies because it is destroying the company. Stop cutting corners! Stop promoting a revolving door culture due to treating employees like garbage. Get a CEO that cares about the employees and not just the value of the stock.

L3Harris2019-11-21
  9. "I loved working for L3Harris!"

I worked at L3Harris full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

L3Harris has a variety of benefits to choose from, they have a 9/80 work schedule, and upward mobility available

Cons

I worked many long hours for the company, which made it sometimes hard to keep a work/life balance

Advice to Management

Don’t disregard those people with legacy knowledge of the business

L3Harris2019-10-21

"Reorganization, RIF, and Merger Chaos"

Former Employee - Undisclosed in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at L3Harris full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Easy access to the airport, cutting edge technology

Cons

Failing leadership at the corporate level, lack of internal communication, instability, over-worked, unorganized management, lack of support, pay inequality...I could go on, but you get the idea!

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect and communicate expectations. Be accountable for your actions and hold others to the same level to be successful.

L3Harris2019-11-20

"It's great to be a part of this new organization"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at L3Harris full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Bigger Company Stronger Defense Contractor Great Opportunities For Growth

Cons

As with any new organization change, there are a lot of unknowns to be figured out which can cause unfortunate stress

Advice to Management

Continue to be patient with everyone as we develop new and better policies for the entire company. Increase our envolvement with each other through company activities with the community we live with.

L3Harris2019-10-14