L3Harris Employee Reviews about "harris"

Updated Nov 25, 2021

Found 79 of over 1,991 reviews

3.6
L3Harris Vice Chair and CEO Chris Kubasik
Chris Kubasik

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The overall company cares about their employees and the benefits are good.(in 158 reviews)
  • "Best of all are the great people I get to work with and the exciting problems that we solve together.(in 155 reviews)
  • "If your working under contract through yoh then the pay is good when you get it every week(in 128 reviews)
  • "Work/life balance is good but I think that depends a lot on the team you're on.(in 78 reviews)
  • "Coworkers were great and had managers who trusted employees to get the work done.(in 44 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of L3Harris and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "harris"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

Great work culture

Oct 4, 2021 - Specialist Electrical Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work culture. We act sometimes like a small company, but also have formal processes like a big company. Merger between L3/Harris is still playing out, but all signs point to success.

Cons

We run lean - sometimes bottlenecks happen when a lot is going on. People tend to drive themselves to overwork, as opposed to management forcing overtime.

Lead: Talent Management

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear you are having a positive employee experience. We are always looking for ways to continuously improve, so we encourage you to share your ideas with your manager or HR Business partner to help reduce the bottlenecks you have identified.

2. 1.0
    Current Employee

They hire engineers to be drafters

Sep 14, 2021 - Mechanical Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is decent and PTO is good for early career employees. As with most defense contractors the work life balance is great.

Cons

PTO is below average if you are a senior employee since everyone gets the same amount. In my department the "mechanical" work is 99% drafting with no actual analysis. I joined during the merger with Harris and it's been an absolute mess. The onboarding process here is worse than anywhere else I've worked, it took me months to get my required software. They don't use chip badges so you need software tokens for encryption and teleworking which is unnecessarily convoluted and annoying. Laptops are not standard either so teleworking is a remote desktop, again, convoluted and annoying. The drawing practice at my division lacks organization and leaves people asking the engineers where to find drawings when that should be easily available from other drawings. People at my division loudly shout their conservative conspiracy theories as well. I've worked with people with their beliefs before but the culture here alloys them to loudly shout their beliefs which can be very distracting. They also just sold off 10% of the company after the merger.

6 people found this review helpful

Lead: Talent Management

Thank you for your review. We have multiple ways employees can provide feedback, including our quarterly pulse surveys. Additionally we encourage employees to implement continuous improvement ideas through our internal e3 platform. We encourage you to reach out to your manager or HR Business Partner to discuss your suggestions.

3. 2.0

Harris Takeover is No Good

Nov 2, 2021 - Engineering
    Business Outlook

Pros

Paid overtime, at least for now.

Cons

Harris takeover has been obnoxious. Constantly attempting to slash employee benefits and compensation in favor of profit. Program management is getting to be completely incompetent. We have to work more and more with people who favor schedule over quality. The long term relationships we’ve built with many customers has really faltered. Upper management appears clueless. We’ve been told on many occasions that our new contracts would be won without issue only to have them put on stop over and over. Understaffing issues seem to be ignored by higher ups.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Quality company with competitive salary/benefits

Aug 26, 2021 - Fellow
    Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting work, great products, top notch people, organized and focused approach to growing the financial portion of the company after the L3 and Harris merger. Management communications has improved greatly. Company stock performance has been outstanding over the years. Military business performing well. Company is well respected for best of class products.

Cons

Commercial aviation portion of business recovering from COVID slowdown. Needs to be more proactive in their commercial IRAD investments so they are market makers, not playing catching up.

Lead: Talent Management

Thank you for your review! We agree with you that we have interesting work, great products and top-notch people. In the spirit of continuous improvement, we encourage you to reach out to your manager or HR Business Partner on ways we can continue to pursue excellence in everything we do. Thank you again for your contributions and tenure with us.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A Truly Great Place to Work!

Feb 25, 2021 - Lead Systems Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

L3Harris really does care about their employees which makes it a great place to work. The compensation is fair, and they pay overtime, which is especially nice around the holidays. I also really like working 4x10s and the flexibility that comes with having most Friday's off depending on workload. The benefits are a great value also, having better coverage and costing less than most companies I've worked for. The work itself is enjoyable, and rewarding. I especially like knowing that I'm supporting our military and enabling Government.

Cons

L3Harris is going through some growing pains resultant from the merger between L3 Communications and Harris, but this has been handled well, minimizing impact to (even new) employees. They are working to combine the best aspects of both organizations (tools, practices, etc.). While communication was somewhat lacking early on, they've gotten much better about sharing their vision and direction to employees, which has already made big impact. No complaints otherwise.

1 person found this review helpful

Sr Associate, Engagement and Inclusion

Thanks for your review. We're happy you are enjoying the total rewards and compensation package, as well as the work your team is doing to support our customers. Thank you for your feedback; we appreciate the contributions you make to ensure the continued development of our culture of inclusion!

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company, a lot to learn, but don't stay long

Jun 8, 2021 - Associate Mechanical Engineer in Wilmington, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very nice people here! At least in the mechanical department there are many helpful people who are willing to take on early career people and teach them things. They are some of the best in the business when it comes to space grade telescopes so there is a lot to learn that you won't get anywhere else. The work is also pretty interesting because there aren't many space hardware companies around Boston, so if you're into that and into Wahlburgers or whatever this is the best compromise.

Cons

After merging with Harris, this location is now more controlled by the larger corporation. Going forward, we'll change most of our processes to theirs and lose a lot of freedom. They also really crack down hard about getting compliance training and timecards done on time. Half of your emails will be about this. Also they have ditched interesting one off products to pursue more high volume defense contracts so the work going forward will be more tedious and myopic.

2 people found this review helpful

Sr Associate, Engagement and Inclusion

We're glad to hear you are enjoying your team and are finding great development opportunities with us. Processes like compliance training and charge codes are necessary for us to remain compliant with the customers who depend on us for their mission-critical solutions. However, we're always looking for ways to improve and streamline our process, so if you see a way we can do so on your team or elsewhere, please reach out to your manager or HR Business Partner so we can continuously improve.

7. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

if you're looking for work, keep looking

Sep 15, 2021 - Designer in San Leandro, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

if you're any good, you can command a good salary, good help is hard to come by these days.

Cons

The Harris merger lowered this particular business unit to new lows. IT support nonexistent, aging tools, bug infested and obsolete software, crumbling infrastructure and a complete lack of courtesy and respect for employees. At this location we were using 13 year old software and billing the government at an overhead rate that is unspeakable. And the annual compliance training is geared for elementary school children. Grown men and women don't need to be fed that kind of pablum.

Lead: Talent Management

Thank you for your review. We are saddened to hear you feel as though your experience as an employee has been less than satisfactory. We have an internal continuous improvement platform, e3, that employees can leverage to suggest and make continuous improvements in their immediate work areas. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Best Combination of Exciting Work, Culture, and Work-Life Balance

Mar 9, 2021 - Machine Learning and Computer Vision Engineer in Tulsa, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

For an engineer, this is an incredible place that offers exciting technical work to do in the business. Out of three jobs, this has been way better day-to-day than anything before. The culture is professional with a Dress for Your Day policy, a flexible work schedule. Employee friendly accurately describes L3Harris. I can work a 9/80 schedule, wear comfy clothes, and my preference of work and team is highly valued. Plus, my teammates actually help me develop. The PTO is incredible at 4 weeks a year from Day 1 for all employees. The compensation is very good for the cost of living. The retirement matching is standard for engineers, and the health insurance has the lowest deductible for the price out of my 3 companies. I wish I had started my career here and highly recommend this company for those looking for a better company or to start their careers.

Cons

With the recent merger with Harris, the company is still undergoing some normal growing pains with IT and other processes. This is usually the norm everywhere I've been so this is just to make sure no one thinks everything is perfect.

Sr Associate, Engagement and Inclusion

Thank you for your review. We're so happy to hear you are enjoying your experience with us. The work we do supports important mission-critical solutions our customers depend on us for every day. Our culture of inclusion allows us to bring our best selves to work, and our benefits, such as our flexible work schedules and discretionary PTO, helps employees manage their work/life integration. We appreciate your hard work and your contributions!

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Working at L3 Harris.

Jun 19, 2021 - Mechanical Assembler in Torrance, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working with L3 Harris has been a fun experience because of the culture the company has developed. The environment is filled with people that are committed to excellence. Also, having a job through the union is beneficial because of the job securities and protections it offers.

Cons

If you're a union worker with low seniority, seeking any promotion can be fairly difficult. Also, seeking a different career within the company has been difficult because of a lack of experience.

10. 5.0

GREAT PLACE TO WORK

Aug 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Millersville, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

They take care of their employees and provide a good salary and benefits. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a change.

Cons

The company is still in transformation from the recent L3 and Harris merger. But the changes are exciting and they are positioning themselves to become a top defense contractor.

Lead: Talent Management

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear you are having a positive employee experience!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 79 Reviews