KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

L3Harris Employee Reviews about "merger"

Updated Nov 24, 2021

Found 84 of over 1,991 reviews

3.6
L3Harris Vice Chair and CEO Chris Kubasik
Chris Kubasik

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The overall company cares about their employees and the benefits are good.(in 158 reviews)
  • "Best of all are the great people I get to work with and the exciting problems that we solve together.(in 155 reviews)
  • "If your working under contract through yoh then the pay is good when you get it every week(in 128 reviews)
  • "Work/life balance is good but I think that depends a lot on the team you're on.(in 78 reviews)
  • "Coworkers were great and had managers who trusted employees to get the work done.(in 44 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of L3Harris and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "merger"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

Great work culture

Oct 4, 2021 - Specialist Electrical Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work culture. We act sometimes like a small company, but also have formal processes like a big company. Merger between L3/Harris is still playing out, but all signs point to success.

Cons

We run lean - sometimes bottlenecks happen when a lot is going on. People tend to drive themselves to overwork, as opposed to management forcing overtime.

Lead: Talent Management

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear you are having a positive employee experience. We are always looking for ways to continuously improve, so we encourage you to share your ideas with your manager or HR Business partner to help reduce the bottlenecks you have identified.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company, lots of good people, opportunities can be found

Nov 23, 2021 - Industrial Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

L3Harris is a strong company that has seemed to grow and continue to become more relevant in the defense industry since the merger last year. They pay well, there are plenty of good people to work with, and there are opportunities to grow.

Cons

The industry is such that there is a lot of red tape, which sometimes unintentionally might stifle growth, creativity or innovation.

Lead: Talent Management

Thank you for your review. We believe our role as an industry disrupter positions L3Harris as a premier company in our industry. We encourage employees to utilize our internal continuous improvement platform e3 to make suggestions for process improvements.

3. 3.0
    Current Employee

Growing aerospace company

Nov 24, 2021 - Scientist in Wilmington, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of opportunity for motivated engineers

Cons

After L3 - Harris merger, morphing into just another large defense contractor

4. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great people, Great work,

Nov 17, 2021 - Senior Specialist in Clifton, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very interesting work. Great people, some brilliant minds that have taught me a lot. I've experienced a lot of growth during my tenure here.

Cons

Limited growth opportunities. You are there to complete a contract that was underbid and over due with no recognition or room to explore, improve, and innovate independently. Everything was great until the merger, the values of the company changed. They expanded too quickly, over leveraged R&D budget to cushion losses on FFP contracts and are now feeling the pressure.

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Alot has changed....

Oct 21, 2021 - Security Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is in par with national average

Cons

Since the Harris Merger major changes; top down leadership structure, way too many layers of management, no per diem, no monetary awards for excellence, inability to promote employees.

7 people found this review helpful
  6. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Better before merger

Oct 5, 2021 - Planner in Rochester, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of great people work there

Cons

Post-merger culture is the pits.

5 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0

GREAT PLACE TO WORK

Aug 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Millersville, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

They take care of their employees and provide a good salary and benefits. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a change.

Cons

The company is still in transformation from the recent L3 and Harris merger. But the changes are exciting and they are positioning themselves to become a top defense contractor.

5 people found this review helpful

Lead: Talent Management

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear you are having a positive employee experience!

8. 3.0

Meh.

Sep 14, 2021 - Production Control in Rochester, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I work with a lot of great people.

Cons

A lot of great people are leaving - dissatisfied with the merger. Still chomping at that promotion carrot after years....

2 people found this review helpful

Lead: Talent Management

We are committed to promoting those who add value to our business and exemplify our values. We encourage employees to seek internal promotions and opportunities within the company to support their own career plans while enabling us to maximize talent across the enterprise and succeed in the markets we serve. We encourage you to reach out to your manager or HR Business Partner if you would like to further discuss ways you can further develop or accelerate your career with us!

9. 4.0
    Current Employee

Like any large corporation

Sep 2, 2021 - Program Manager in Waco, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Since the merger with Harris, much better morale and work/life balance

Cons

SOOOOO MUCH PROCESS AND PROCEDURE

Lead: Talent Management

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you are having a positive employee experience! For suggestions on improvements we encourage you to utilize our internal continuous improvement platform e3 or speak with your manager.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Quality company with competitive salary/benefits

Aug 26, 2021 - Fellow
    Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting work, great products, top notch people, organized and focused approach to growing the financial portion of the company after the L3 and Harris merger. Management communications has improved greatly. Company stock performance has been outstanding over the years. Military business performing well. Company is well respected for best of class products.

Cons

Commercial aviation portion of business recovering from COVID slowdown. Needs to be more proactive in their commercial IRAD investments so they are market makers, not playing catching up.

Lead: Talent Management

Thank you for your review! We agree with you that we have interesting work, great products and top-notch people. In the spirit of continuous improvement, we encourage you to reach out to your manager or HR Business Partner on ways we can continue to pursue excellence in everything we do. Thank you again for your contributions and tenure with us.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 84 Reviews