KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

L3Harris Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Nov 15, 2021

What people are saying about L3Harris

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Well paid and good benefits(in 185 reviews)
  • "Best of all are the great people I get to work with and the exciting problems that we solve together.(in 175 reviews)
  • "If your working under contract through yoh then the pay is good when you get it every week(in 156 reviews)
  • "Work/life balance is good but I think that depends a lot on the team you're on.(in 91 reviews)
  • "Coworkers were great and had managers who trusted employees to get the work done.(in 59 reviews)
Cons
  • "poor management there(in 127 reviews)
  • "Senior leadership very disconnected from the needs of the employees; employees very much viewed as commodities; immature DEI model; no semblance of work(in 40 reviews)
  • "Raises are low (mine with a standard performance rating was 2.2%)(in 38 reviews)
  • "Many managers (not all) are too busy to help guide engineers career paths.(in 31 reviews)
  • "Upper management are arrogant, out of touch and not transparent.(in 28 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of L3Harris and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company

Jul 18, 2021 - Electronics Technician I in Jacksonville, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work schedule, paid holidays

Cons

Communication from upper management to staff could be better

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Harris Takeover is No Good

Nov 2, 2021 - Engineering
    Business Outlook

Pros

Paid overtime, at least for now.

Cons

Harris takeover has been obnoxious. Constantly attempting to slash employee benefits and compensation in favor of profit. Program management is getting to be completely incompetent. We have to work more and more with people who favor schedule over quality. The long term relationships we’ve built with many customers has really faltered. Upper management appears clueless. We’ve been told on many occasions that our new contracts would be won without issue only to have them put on stop over and over. Understaffing issues seem to be ignored by higher ups.

5 people found this review helpful
  3. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Bad Ethics

Oct 30, 2021 - Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pay checks never bounced

Cons

The company disguises their legal department behind a veil of ethics. I have seen good people treated horribly here. The upper management is a shell game of endless change.

6 people found this review helpful

Lead: Talent Management

We take all reports of unethical behavior very seriously. If you have concerns, we encourage you to reach out to your manager, HR Business Partner or Ethics Advisor. Additionally, we offer employees a way to voice their concerns confidentially and/or anonymously, through the Ethics & Compliance Helpline (www.L3HarrisHelpline.com or 877-532-6339).

4. 2.0

Good team, bad management

Oct 6, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

The teams in my division are fairly independent and nice to work on ("Unlimited" 160 hours max) PTO which at 4 weeks a year is a week better than most Products are fun to design A nice sense of ownership over the work you do and the team you work with

Cons

No matter the success of your products do not expect a bonus You may change course a five times a year due to poor road mapping by upper-management Don't ever expect to start a project with an appropriate budget or timeline 3% annual raise is the max even for a 5/5 star rated employee, promotions are very few and far between

10 people found this review helpful
  5. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good People But Very Disorganized

Sep 10, 2021 - Senior Associate Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work is challenging Tech is interesting Brilliant Engineers

Cons

Upper Management hands down edicts that are often poorly thought out and sometimes don't make any sense indicating a complete lack of forethought on implementing these practices Upper Management increasingly requires more and more reporting from low level employees, to the point of taking over half a day each week to get it all done.

2 people found this review helpful

Lead: Talent Management

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you are enjoying working on our products and projects. We encourage you to reach out your HR Business Partner to discuss your suggestions and ideas on processes that may be overly time consuming.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Overall good place to work

Aug 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Sense of community and purpose at work and lots of room to grow.

Cons

Need to continue to work on communication between departments and between upper management.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to start in IT

Jun 28, 2021 - Network Control Specialist III in Melbourne, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Perfect opportunity to get your foot in the door with a reputable company in IT. On the contract that I was working on, they do not foster employee growth. For those looking for advancement or meaningful work, it would be best to move or out.

Cons

Unfortunately, there is weak lower level leadership. In the case of my department, a lot of empty promises from lower management. I suspect they have their hands tied from upper management and they are just trying to protect themselves at the expense of their subordinates.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Less than it once was

Jun 1, 2021 - Designer D in Palm Bay, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay was good, coworkers were great

Cons

Insurance was costly and lacking, atmosphere was "entitlement", upper management was disconnected

5 people found this review helpful
  9. 1.0

N/A

Jun 3, 2021 - Project Engineer in Clifton, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice engineering teams. Very down to earth

Cons

Toxic upper management. Manipulative culture

8 people found this review helpful

Sr Associate, Engagement and Inclusion

We're disappointed that you feel your experience with us has been not to your expectations. We're working to foster a culture of inclusion and ensuring all employees have a voice across every level of the organization. We encourage you to reach out to your HR Business Partner or manager if you have any questions or concerns about your team or to find opportunities to improve your time with us.

10. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good company but not well organized

Mar 24, 2021 - Structural Analyst in Rochester, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of opportunity to learn

Cons

Upper management is too hands-off. Some employees are over worked others are under worked

1 person found this review helpful