KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

L3Harris Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Dec 3, 2021

Found 144 of over 2,018 reviews

3.6
L3Harris Vice Chair and CEO Chris Kubasik
Chris Kubasik

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Best of all are the great people I get to work with and the exciting problems that we solve together.(in 163 reviews)
  • "Benefits are good(in 146 reviews)
  • "Good pay and flexible with school schedule.(in 124 reviews)
  • "Work/life balance is good but I think that depends a lot on the team you're on.(in 80 reviews)
  • "Coworkers were great and had managers who trusted employees to get the work done.(in 50 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of L3Harris and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

New to Enterprise-But overall positive experience

Nov 15, 2021 - Project Manager in Melbourne, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

9/80 work schedule, learning opportunities, and work life balance. I was also assigned a mentor prior to my start date, and this was a very helpful on-boarding crutch to acclimate into the new role.

Cons

The on-boarding process is treacherous, and getting all your equipment setup within the ecosystem of L3Harris can be nightmarish. Once setup, it's smooth sailing. Project handoff hasn't been ideal, from one PM to another so you can expect a steep learning curve.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great workplace and team! Pay needs to increase

Dec 3, 2021 - Integration and Test Engineer in Herndon, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team. Everyone is approachable and can ask questions with no barriers and have all the answers needed for a successful task completion. Work-life balance is great. The Discretionary unlimited PTO and sick days is awesome.

Cons

Pay could be a lot better. Doesn't meet the current market at all. Researched the location, current market, my duties, years of experience, and mostly fall way below average.

Lead: Talent Management

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear you are having a positive employee experience! We annually participate in several high-technology, global salary surveys to understand the pay levels of the companies for which we compete for talent in the marketplace. This data is benchmarked and used as a basis for setting our salary ranges. To learn more, please speak with your HR Business Partner.

3. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Great work culture. Competitive pay.

Oct 30, 2021 - Software Engineer in Fort Wayne, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great work life balance - Competitive pay - Great benefits/time off - Low cost of living in Fort Wayne, IN results in pay going very far - Engaged management at all levels - Flexible hours

Cons

Occasional IT hiccups as one would expect with a large company.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Awful Retention

Nov 2, 2021 - Engineering Services in Colorado Springs, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lower level management and below employees are great! Flexibility for a decent work life balance

Cons

Their promotion system is the worst I’ve encountered. The company would rather hire outside the company then promote within. I have seen many people leave because the company refuses to be competitive with compensation unless you are a new hire. I’ve seen this job used as a stepping stone into the industry to get a security clearance more times than an employee looking to stay. Their HR and compensation team are location across the country and are completely out of touch with the market.

9 people found this review helpful

Lead: Talent Management

Thank you for your review. We are glad you are enjoying our workplace flexibility! We annually participate in several high-technology, global salary surveys to understand the pay levels of the companies for which we compete for talent in the marketplace. This data is benchmarked and used as a basis for setting our salary ranges. When unanticipated upward market movement is identified specific to job functions, families or positions, market adjustments to individual base salaries are made outside the normal annual compensation cycle to respond to that movement. To learn more or if you have questions we encourage you to reach out to your local HR Business Partner.

5. 5.0

Electrical Engineer for L3Harris

Oct 25, 2021 - Senior specialist electrical engineer in Ayer, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance, competitive pay, and opportunity for growth.

Cons

The road conditions in Ayer, Ma during the winter months can become slippery

Lead: Talent Management

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you are enjoying our flexibility and opportunity to grow!

6. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Make L3Harris Better!

Oct 20, 2021 - Senior Engineering Manager in Palm Bay, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I loved that they actively found new roles for folks as you transition from one project to another. You were marketed by your skill set not a number in the organization. The people you work will for the most part are awesome and act as a team for the most part. You get unlimited sick and vacation. Really 200 hours of vacation for Senior folks and 160 for Jr folks. Extended paternity and maternity leave. You get paid OT after 45 hours and that os inclusive of the extra 5 hours you put in.

Cons

Oh boy, the medical/dental/vision benefits cost are ridiculous and cigna covers almost nothing. The vacation you are lucky if you can get off, the work life balance is more work less life. Locations for most of their sites are in pretty run down areas. Palm Bay they have a 6 story building, but you don't want to be caught there at night. Same with their Waco facility. The Sr. Director level and above are not transparent and there is alot of lies that lose the integrity and trust on the lower levels. It used to be a family centric company. That changed with the president and ceo of UTC coming over and ruining the benefits and culture to a cut throat short term vision for stock holders.

9 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0

Sr Associate Finance

Oct 21, 2021 - Senior Associate in Melbourne, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible Work Life Balance for low level employees

Cons

Does not care about you and you are replaceable

8. 4.0

Salary

Oct 7, 2021 - Financial Analyst in Melbourne, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited PTO and good benefits

Cons

There is little work-life balance

9. 4.0

Nice place

Sep 28, 2021 - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Clifton, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance is good.

Cons

Politics of office. Some don't work as hard as others but it's about perception now what you actually do.

Lead: Talent Management

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoy our flexibility and work/life integration. We encourage you to speak with your manager or HR Business Partner to discuss any ideas/suggestions.

10. 5.0
    Current Temporary Employee, less than 1 year

Decent pay, flexible hours, good culture

Sep 25, 2021 - Structural Engineer Co-op in Greenville, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people there are very helpful, and the culture is good. People are hardworking but also not too intense. Management culture is good, and there is terrific work life balance.

Cons

Lots of documentation, and the lack of interesting work can be quite discouraging. This is to be expected if you enter the defense industry though. Also, the place I work at is literally in the middle of nowhere. Not a great place to be if you are young and single.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 144 Reviews