What people are saying about LA Fitness
Personal Injury Lawyers
Florida: I’m new to personal injury, but have some basic knowledge. I just got a case for someone who got hurt at LA fitness on a row/rear deltoid machine. When he pulled back cable snapped, went flying backwards off the machine, and landed on his neck. Huge bump on head. Happened couple days ago. Still assessing injuries. Currently:prob just soft tissue neck/back injury. Any thoughts on this type of case/Def or advice? Is this type more difficult to settle pre-lit? Prob not worth litigating
Got a burning question about LA Fitness? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with LA Fitness employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Free membership & people are great not the company" (in 185 reviews)
- "You get good commission but sometimes you'll have to stay for many unpaid hours just to get a sale." (in 104 reviews)
- "The coworkers are great and the atmosphere of the gym is that of a smaller one." (in 102 reviews)
- "Fun work environment and coworkers" (in 83 reviews)
- "had a flexible schedule and most of my co workers were fun to be around." (in 79 reviews)
- "Low pay even if you have a good amount of experience and they are not willing to give promotions to group ex" (in 557 reviews)
- "Bad management sometimes on weekends" (in 289 reviews)
- "Long hours are expected but they do make sure u get paid for every second you are there!" (in 211 reviews)
- "workers (mostly the trainers) were mad creepy and tried to get me to pay for personal training." (in 123 reviews)
- "The managers have no management training." (in 123 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of LA Fitness and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 53 of over 5K reviews
Updated Sep 25, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "high turnover rate"Return to all Reviews
- 2.0Jun 22, 2016Master TrainerCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Flexible schedule. You run your own schedule.
There's a reason turnover rate is extremely high. If you're in an area where demographics plays a big role, you can either have an awesome consistent paycheck or the worst you've ever seen. You're more like a contractor.