LA's BEST Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Program Supervisor"

Former Employee - Program Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Program Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at LA's BEST part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is great for college students to gain experience and continue to pursue their studies. The opportunities for growth to move up can occur if interested and willingness to put in the work.

Cons

There seems to be a level of nepotism here. Traveling staff are more inclined to promote staff they know and individuals with in their cluster region. Working at school means a lot of downtime during summer and winter breaks. Another job might be needed to get you through the financial dry spells.

Advice to Management

Consider taking a chance on employees and who are outside your cluster region. Keep salacious gossip at a minimum to a null.

2. "Fun Job!"

I have been working at LA's BEST part-time

Pros

I have been working for La's Best for 4 years now & I can honestly say I love my job. If you enjoy working with kids being a coach will be super fun!

Cons

It's only part time 4/5 hours a day, If there is no school there is no work so there are a lot of days off with no pay,

3. "LA's BEST"

Pros

You get to work with a community that gives back to the kids

Cons

It could be a lot of work since you have to support alot of elementary schools in LAUSD and you may have to travel a lot.

4. "Site Coordinator"

I have been working at LA's BEST part-time

Pros

Great position to gain leadership experience. Multi Tasking and working fast pace is a must. Must be able to communicate with all school admin and parents. GOOD PAY.

Cons

Part time. Not enough time to get work done. go in 1-2 hours early on my own time to finish all the mandated work.

5. "After School Enrichment"

Former Employee - California in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - California in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Working with Kids, New experience every day, lots of fun

Cons

part time mid day monday through friday
    school ay not be close to you

"Pw"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Pedro, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Pedro, CA

Pros

I loved my kids and my sc at the time! I had my own class unlike many of the pws

Cons

I hated my tps! When I was pregnant they were awful!!! I had a difficult pregnancy and explained it to them as it was happening! They could care less! As well as hr! Who also gave me a run around when I went for my fmla! Aside from that my new sc "lost" my training check! Claimed she mailed it! Although she was never supposed to do that! Then after two weeks of the run around she told me to call payroll to get it if I wanted it!! Just say no!!!!!

Advice to Management

Learn the laws!!!!! And learn to treat your employees better! And remember this is not a full time job nor does it have benefits so don't except us to do above and beyond while treating us like crap!

7. "Good Experience Overall"

Pros

The other staff i got to work with were friendly and always willing to help you out. Good experience and the program offered training in different areas for the staff to be better prepared to interact with their students

Cons

Can be a bit disorganized, and you start out as a substitute without knowledge of when you would become a full staff

8. "Coach"

Former Employee - Tutor in Van Nuys, CA
    Former Employee - Tutor in Van Nuys, CA

I worked at LA's BEST part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I always able to enjoy my job so much I love working with kids and teaching them new things.

Cons

It was only a part time job

9. "Sub at LA's BEST..."

Pros

It's a great part time job. Perfect for college students majoring in Child Development. You get to learn how to deal with kids from k-5. Also, you get to make a kid smile when they are having a bad day. That's the best part. :-)

Cons

The most challenging thing is being a Sub! You have travel at 5 different sites and it is difficult for you to bond with the kids because you are always subbing for different grade levels and it is hard to learn everyone's name! You have to plan out activities which is sometimes stressful because there are many things you are not allowed to do with them! Moreover, it is sometimes difficult to keep kids calm since they are VERY ACTIVE! (It's a big responsibility) Lastly, you don't get paid holidays and during the summer you end up jobless!

"Las Best"

Former Employee - Site Coordinator
    Former Employee - Site Coordinator

I worked at LA's BEST part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Engaging with the youth and parents

Cons

The politics of the company.
    The way they hire only a certain race for high positions.
    The way they function by company protocol instead of actually doing what's best for the kids.