LAC Group Reviews

Updated Mar 16, 2020

4.1
LAC Group CEO Robert Corrao
Robert Corrao
Pros
  • "Numerous professional development opportunities to be had if you're willing to invest the time and effort(in 6 reviews)

• "Company provides great benefits package and invests in their employees(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "No sick time, and not very much PTO per year(in 2 reviews)

• " sick time (in 2 reviews)

"Strong company and leadership"

I have been working at LAC Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Strong company leadership, and good communication from the top.

Cons

I have not experienced any.

LAC Group2020-03-16

March 17, 2020Administrator

Thank you for posting this review, and most importantly, for your years of service to LAC Group!

"Great Company"

I worked at LAC Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Leadership/management work with you to expand your skills, by supporting and encouraging professional development. Company listens to employees and does what it can to provide the best work experience for employees. Great work-life balance. Company offers tele-working for most employees (as long as the position allows for it). Constantly refreshing and reviewing employee benefits. I've seen others comment on PTO, IMHO the policy is in line with other companies and is fair. Generous holiday schedule.

Cons

I did not experience any cons.

LAC Group2020-03-16

March 17, 2020Administrator

Thank you for your review and commenting on issues like paid time off and work/life balance. Since we hire a wide range of people, they bring different expectations based on their own experience and background, resulting in a range of perspectives. We do benchmark our policies regularly and align them with standards for our size and industry sector. We'll continue to do all we can to best meet the needs of all our employees, and we wish you continued success in your career.

"Great company - thoughtful management"

I worked at LAC Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great relationships with clients as a result of highly dedicated staff members.

Cons

The services offered are don't connect all that well from the 3 lines of business.

LAC Group2020-03-12

March 17, 2020Administrator

Thank you for your review. We're happy to hear of your experience with great client relationships! As for our services, they are varied, but they all fit on a continuum of information- and content-based services to other organizations. Thank you again and we wish you continued professional and personal success.

"Good Company"

Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at LAC Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Management listens and pushes you to be better a employee; they support and encourage professional development and even provide money each year for classes or conferences or training.

Cons

I really wish upper management would offer more PTO each year

LAC Group2020-02-21

"Disappearing Benefits"

1.0

I have been working at LAC Group full-time

Pros

Great co-workers in fantastic institutions

Cons

LAC previously had a great array of health insurance options, which have been cut this month to one plan range at one company, featuring higher deductibles and out of pocket limits than previous options. This on top of the fact that employees 401k match was "suspended" last year and has not yet been awarded or confirmed for this year.....benefits are disappearing at an alarming rate.

LAC Group2020-03-05

March 18, 2020Administrator

We are happy you're having a positive experience with your co-workers and current client engagement. Regarding your benefits comments we'd like to begin by saying that options may be changing, but they're certainly not disappearing, and in some ways they've been enhanced. Regarding the 401(k) plan, your review was written and posted before we announced and awarded our contribution for 2019; in addition, we moved to a new plan provider, which cut participant's account-specific fees roughly in half. Regarding health insurance, we were getting regular employee and new-hire feedback on our former multi-provider, multi-tiered system that it was confusing and cumbersome. Our decision to change health insurance providers also was driven by our new payroll and benefits administrator. While not an exact plan-for-plan match, the new deductible options are in line with prior options, and our mapping indicated that 93% of staff would see direct, out-of-pocket cost savings. That said, we're sorry if this benefit change is affecting your personal needs and encourage you to talk to our HR manager asap to find your best option. Meanwhile, we expect to gain a better user experience along with benefits parity or enhancements for most of our employees. Thank you again for your review and your service to LAC Group.

"Wonderful People"

Former Employee - Assistant Archivist

I worked at LAC Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people are friendly. I enjoyed my time working for them — an all-around great experience.

Cons

I did not encounter any cons.

LAC Group2019-12-27
  7. "Ok, but could be better"

Current Employee - Librarian

I have been working at LAC Group full-time

Pros

Supportive Manager, nice team colleagues.

Cons

Average Benefits and Below average salary

Continue reading
    LAC Group2019-11-15

November 20, 2019Administrator

We appreciate hearing you have a supportive manager and a nice team! Regarding your suggestion to match 401(K) contributions per pay period, that is something we could choose in the future. We do annual, lump-sum contributions to facilitate administration for a dynamic workforce. We follow all IRS guidelines for 401(K) defined contribution plans, including annual audits by an outside, independent auditing firm. For PTO, as a Federal contractor, LAC mirrors the federal government policy, which provides vacation and sick leave by accrual. LAC is in alignment with most other contractors in this regard. While the Bureau of Labor Statistics does not gather data on front-loaded versus accrued paid leave, the Society of Human Resource Management indicates that employers like LAC are more likely to implement an accrual system. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on working for LAC Group.

8. "Good for students and career transitions"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at LAC Group part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team to work with, interesting work.

Cons

Very low pay, no benefits for part time.

LAC Group2019-10-26

November 20, 2019Administrator

We're happy to hear you have a great team and interesting work. Pay is determined by a number of factors, including the specific client engagement. We encourage you to see if there are other opportunities within LAC Group that would better suit your needs for benefits and compensation. Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

9. "Temporary assignments"

Current Employee - Temporary Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at LAC Group part-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly communication, straight forward

Cons

I have done only one assignment for LAC Group, temp library work, and no complaints so far.

LAC Group2019-05-08

May 9, 2019Administrator

Thank you for writing a review, and we're happy your experience so far has been positive!

"Employees can make a difference"

I have been working at LAC Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work-life balance. Sr management listens to ideas and gives credit where due. You can pave your own entrepreneurial path and see your actions make a positive impact - all ideas are welcome. Direct access to CEO. Flat(ish) org structure. Good communication from the top. Company works hard to reach remote employees and make them feel like part of the team.

Cons

Can be lonely if you are remote.

LAC Group2019-04-03

April 8, 2019Administrator

Thank you, including for the great headline, "Employees can make a difference." Regarding your comment that remote work can be lonely, there is truth to that, so we encourage you to drop in on the online "water cooler" now and again for some remote socializing. Thank you again for your review and your contributions to LAC Group.

• 1