LAC Group Reviews

Updated Apr 4, 2021

3.9
LAC Group CEO Robert Corrao
Robert Corrao
Pros
  • "Numerous professional development opportunities to be had if you're willing to invest the time and effort(in 6 reviews)

• "Company provides great benefits package and invests in their employees(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Very low pay, no benefits for part time(in 2 reviews)

• "no longer(in 2 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Placement at lovely firms, open management, flexible schedule

Feb 24, 2021 - Library Assistant in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some wonderful coworkers and nice firms, flexible work schedule, open minded management

Cons

Would have liked additional training at the onset, but teams were patient and open.

Marketing Manager

Thank you for posting your review. We're glad you enjoyed the flexible work schedule and firm environment. Regarding training, please don't hesitate to ask your supervisor or management for additional help. We want to make sure all of our staff are comfortable to direct questions or concerns to appropriate individuals so that they can fully thrive in their position.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Better than average contracting agencies

Apr 4, 2021 - Anonymous Job Title in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice managers, HR works well, great colleagues. Appreciate the all-company meetings with the head of company to let us know how the company is doing.

Cons

Lower pay and vacation days than if one were working directly as an employee for a client

Marketing Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. It's wonderful to hear you've enjoyed working with your colleagues and attending the company town halls. As we don't have the specifics of your role, we can generally address your comment on pay and vacation days. If you're in a contracting role, then compensation and other conditions are governed by the specific client agreement.

3. 5.0

Culture and Commitment

Feb 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Communication from leadership, cohesive culture, opportunity for advancement.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Marketing Manager

First off, thank you for your years of employment with LAC Group. We are pleased to hear your positive experience with LAC's leadership, culture and avenues of advancement within the company. We value your review and appreciate the time you've taken to write one.

4. 4.0

Good But Scattered Company

Jan 20, 2021 - Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Smart professionals in a variety of knowledge management, outsourcing, digital management and cost reduction fields.

Cons

Scattered focus; not enough cohesive marketing or integrated selling of services

Marketing Manager

We appreciate your time leaving this review. We've got a talented team here at LAC Group and are delighted to hear you think highly of them too! We strive to align our company's mission/goals with our marketing and sales efforts. Your feedback is important to us and we will do more to juggle our priorities wisely – fiercely focused on the matter in hand but having the bandwidth to understand the big picture (one of LAC's philosophies). Thanks again for your input and for your years of service at LAC!

5. 3.0
      Current Employee

Big company Not very good with benefits

Feb 24, 2021 - District Costodiant in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay.They treat employees fair.

Cons

No management communication .Employs always finding out changes at last minutes

Marketing Manager

Thank you for your honest review and we're sorry to hear there was a lack of communication between you and management. We're constantly improving and addressing the challenges of a distributed workforce. Company-wide updates and news are regularly posted to our intranet where all the latest LAC information can be found and accessed by all staff. In addition, quarterly town hall meetings are held by CEO Rob Corrao so that everyone is aware of what's currently happening and what lies ahead for the company. If you ever feel out of the loop, please reach out to your supervisor or management for information or clarification. Internal communication channels are always open to employees as it is a priority of ours to ensure all team members across various locations and departments are informed.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee

Lacks company culture

Jul 9, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Large company so other opportunities to switch jobs within the company. Many employees can WFH.

Cons

Low pay, especially for newer employees. They used to offer competitive pay, but no longer. Terrible PTO benefits as time is accrued, instead of front-loaded like most firms do. 15 days PTO which is a joke. And their PTO tracking system is always behind and has issues. Because they are based in CA, the best health benefits/plans are offered to CA employees. No real company culture as the majority of employees are remote. Lack of leadership is a big issue. I'd take the Glassdoor reviews with a grain of salt....two 5 star positive reviews on the same day?

Marketing Manager

Thank you for sharing your thoughts during your time at LAC Group. We’re glad to hear you enjoyed working various roles within the company and remote environment. Compensation is determined by a number of factors and we aim to provide competitive pay and benefits packages that meet the diverse needs of our team members. LAC’s PTO policy is similar to the federal contractors, which provides vacation and sick leave by accrual. With the payroll/benefits transition to Insperity in April, we are happy to make PTO tracking easily accessible to all employees on the platform. While most of our staff are distributed and we acknowledge the challenges of a virtual workforce, we promote networking and team-bonding through online engagements and communities such as our virtual happy hours, Monday morning coffee sessions with CEO Rob Corrao, fun company challenges and “water coolers” groups in Yammer and the Intranet. Employees are encouraged to take advantage of these technologies and participate in these events to build rapport with other team members. Regarding your advice on leadership, we thank you for the suggestion. The executive team understands the need to be more transparent and are continuously taking steps to make sure all staff are fully informed of internal happenings. We always encourage our staff to direct any questions or concerns to their supervisor or management so we can address them and improve as an organization. Thank you again for your review.

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Mixed bag

Jun 17, 2020 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work life balance Most people work remotely Easy to arrange meetings with people/management Many nice people at the company

Cons

Sales infrastructure really non-existent Divisions working in silos make it very hard for consistency in sales approach Corporate communication needs help

Marketing Assistant

We appreciate your time to write this review and are happy to hear you enjoyed the work-life balance and virtual environment at LAC. We understand the challenges associated with remote work but are continuously making strides to stay connected and transparent with all employees. We encourage staff to reach across department lines to communicate and collaborate, and always solicit feedback and ideas from our team on how to better operate. Communication is a key priority, especially with staff across so many different locations. We hold quarterly town hall meetings and utilize several online technologies to ensure internal communication channels are open to all. Thank you again for posting your opinion and all your contributions to LAC.

8. 4.0

Great company - thoughtful management

Mar 12, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great relationships with clients as a result of highly dedicated staff members.

Cons

The services offered are don't connect all that well from the 3 lines of business.

Administrator

Thank you for your review. We're happy to hear of your experience with great client relationships! As for our services, they are varied, but they all fit on a continuum of information- and content-based services to other organizations. Thank you again and we wish you continued professional and personal success.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good Company

Feb 21, 2020 - Manager in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management listens and pushes you to be better a employee; they support and encourage professional development and even provide money each year for classes or conferences or training.

Cons

I really wish upper management would offer more PTO each year

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Strong company and leadership

Mar 16, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Strong company leadership, and good communication from the top.

Cons

I have not experienced any.

Administrator

Thank you for posting this review, and most importantly, for your years of service to LAC Group!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 60 Reviews