KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

McKinsey & Company

131 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Amazing people, CEO, middle level manager, and all staff I have been in contact with.(in 7 reviews)
  • "Good benefits(in 7 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place to Work

Jun 21, 2022 - Metadata Librarian in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership actively seeks new ways to support employees. The pay and benefits are fair, and everyone up to the CEO makes themselves available for questions and concerns.

Cons

It's contract work, so it's not as stable or dependable as a permanent position.

Marketing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We very much appreciate your feedback.

2. 5.0

Great Opportunity

Jun 3, 2022 - Researcher
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strong company with positive growth and benefits.

Cons

No cons to report at this time

Marketing Manager

Thanks for your positive review!

3. 2.0
    Current Employee

Company is shrinking,,compensation below average and PTO policy is ridiculous

Apr 1, 2022 - Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some decent colleague and Flexible schedule

Cons

- 401K is subpar - inexperienced middle management - compensation is below industry standards - archaic/outdated PTO policy

1 person found this review helpful

Marketing Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to post your review. While compensation is determined by a variety of factors (work experience, location, industry and more) we do our best to offer competitive compensation packages and benefits (401K, salary, PTO, etc.) to all our employees. Both compensation and PTO plans are well within industry standards and are regularly benchmarked with similar companies to us. Please do not hesitate to contact your supervisor or Rob Corrao to discuss any concerns regarding your needs, compensation or experience working at the company. Thank you for again for your review.

4. 3.0
    Current Employee

decent entry level job/low pay

Oct 28, 2021 - Film Scanner in Burbank, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

good learning experience; got to try new things

Cons

low pay compared to skills

Marketing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post this. Film preservation is fascinating work and it sounds like you're developing several new skills on the job.

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Nice place to work

Sep 1, 2021 - Digitization Technician in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I digitized materials in their New York location. Laid back, very cool boss. Perfect job for a grad student in Library Science or Public History.

Cons

The pay is very low.

Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear you are enjoying the work and people at your location.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Jul 2, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ability to work independently Regular performance reviews

Cons

Communication between corporate and field personnel is lacking

Marketing Manager

We appreciate your review and are glad to see you enjoy the benefits of your work. Communication is extremely important to us and we are determined to keep the line between staff at all levels open, frequent and honest.

7. 4.0

Great Organizaiton

Jun 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible. Lots of Independence. Responsive. Good management.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Marketing Manager

What a glowing review! Thank you so much for taking the time to post this.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Flexible Environment

Jun 19, 2021 - Research Assistant in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible workplace and great colleagues.

Cons

Disconnected from senior corporate leadership.

Marketing Manager

Thank you for leaving a review. So happy to hear you've found our work environment and colleagues to be great -- we think the same as well! In regards to corporate leadership, we are constantly searching for ways to connect all employees in a virtual setting. We also have an open door policy so please don't hesitate to reach out in order to bridge the disconnect.

9. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

I had to do this

May 27, 2021 - RBT in Alexandria, LA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I guess it was ok

Cons

Not many things to say

Marketing Manager

Thanks for your review and contribution to the company. As a relatively new employee, we encourage you to explore benefits within LAC Group such as professional development and future career opportunities. We hope in time you'll return to Glassdoor to post another review as your career develops over time. Meanwhile, please don't hesitate to reach out to management and HR for any assistance we can provide you.

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Buyer beware

May 24, 2021 - Project Manager in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Options for people in-between permanent jobs?

Cons

You will lose your job if you are the "fall guy" when they arrange a bad contract

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Marketing Manager

We are disappointed you did not enjoy your tenure with LAC. As a company we have an open door policy to address all issues. In addition, our senior level management is available to have conversations with all levels of staff to handle any concerns.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 70 Reviews

LAC Group Reviews FAQs

LAC Group has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 85 reviews left anonymously by employees. 64% of employees would recommend working at LAC Group to a friend and 75% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, LAC Group employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at LAC Group. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

64% of LAC Group employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated LAC Group 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at LAC Group to be culture, career development, management and the cons to be senior leadership, compensation, benefits.

Popular Careers with LAC Group Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at LAC Group? Share Your Experiences

LAC Group Photos

+ Add Photo
LAC Group photo of: LAC Group is honored to be awarded Top Visionary Contractor for its impact on federal markets and rapid growth. Our team was recognized at the annual GovCon Summit & RecognizeDC Awards.
LAC Group photo of: We've updated the signage in our Thousand Oaks location. Schedule a tour around our media & archive vaults!
LAC Group photo of: Our new signage is up in Moncton!
LAC Group photo of: LAC Group employees support "Red Nose" day and helping to raise money for children in need.
LAC Group photo of: LAC Group employees donate money and make chew toys and catnip balls from recycled clothing for Washington DC Animal Rescue League.
LAC Group photo of: LAC Group is always seeking people with library and information management skills, credentials and experience.
LAC Group photo of: LAC Group hires skilled film technicians and historians for archiving and preservation work in the motion picture/media/entertainment industries.