LAC Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Deborah Schwarz

"LAC Group is great!"

Current Employee - Librarian in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Librarian in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at LAC Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

LAC group has great benefits. They have very supportive management even though we're not even in the same state. With Yammer and email they are always in contact with their employees.

Cons

The only thing I would change about LAC group is our payday. I would rather get paid on the 1st and 15th.

Aug 30, 2016 – Marketing Content Strategy Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We appreciate the kind words and are happy to hear that you are finding our use of communication tools like Yammer to be helpful. In regards ... More

2. "Material handler"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

LAC-GROUP was a good company to work for and, I have learned a lot in the different positions that I was placed in and the diversity of people that I got to work with was a pleasure to have gotten to know.

Cons

The company at that time have replaced managers 4 times, with in 2 and a half years, that did not have a positive look on the company for that particular project that I was placed on.

Advice to Management

Take the time to find a qualified person to handle the role of a manager.

Dec 9, 2016 – Marketing Content Strategy Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We do understand that manager and supervisor turnover creates challenges, especially for staff who are directly affected. Life changes can have ripple ... More

"Professional and personable"

Current Employee - Web Designer/Developer in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Web Designer/Developer in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at LAC Group (More than a year)

Pros

Atmosphere of respect for employees.
    Treat employees as adults
    Good benefits - great HR. It can be hard to navigate a company's HR, but when contacted personally they have been responsive and saved me boat loads of time.
    Supportive
    Good time reporting system

Cons

I don't have any negatives to share.

Aug 30, 2016 – Marketing Content Strategy Manager

Thank you for the many "pros" regarding our culture and benefits, two areas of great importance to us. We do what we can to maintain an open, supportive environment with good communication and it's ... More

"Not your average contractor"

Current Employee - Librarian in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Librarian in Washington, DC

I have been working at LAC Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked with LAC for the entirety of my professional career, and their contracts in DC have allowed me to achieve my goal of becoming a special librarian. I frequently recommend for new librarians to scope out contracting with LAC because the company has helped me to break into the federal realm, which can be difficult to enter otherwise.

Rather than many other contractors who seem solely focused on revenue, I believe that LAC is legitimately interested in contributing to the information field. The company has provided me with several opportunities to grow and develop, including an annual professional development allowance and other job offers within the company. I also feel as though LAC values me, my work, and that they want to keep me on board.

Compensation is fair and I've never felt as though the company has ever tried to "low ball" me. Health insurance and 401K options are very good for a contractor company.

I feel confident that the company is in good health and that it is continuing to grow.

The CEO and HR director are very accessible, and LAC staff are typically very responsive.

Cons

The major con for me is the leave time system: we are offered "paid time off" without a separate bank of sick time. This was problematic when I suffered a serious illness.

As with contracting in general, opportunities (such as promotions and performance-based raises) are based on what's written in the contract. There are some things which the company would like to do, but can't given the confines of contract.

Advice to Management

Offer sick time, and continue to make your employees feel valued.

Aug 30, 2016 – Marketing Content Strategy Manager

Thank you for sharing your experiences and insights. Regarding the paid time off issue, we offer a PTO model that can be used for vacation, illness or any personal time-off needs. If we offered ... More

6. "LAC- Group is the place to be."

Current Employee - Library Aide in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Library Aide in Washington, DC

I have been working at LAC Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Once you become an employee at LAC- Group you are treated with respect and kindness. Their HR person is on the ball and will answer any of your questions during business hours or after business hours. You are never left in the dark about any news , good or bad.

Cons

More companies can't be like LAC - Group.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Always be as straight forward as you are now.

Aug 30, 2016 – Marketing Content Strategy Manager

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Even as we grow, it's important for us to remain responsive, especially managers and those responsible for HR matters. We appreciate the kind words of support and ... More

"Great HR manager but little interaction otherwise"

Current Employee - Archivist in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Archivist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at LAC Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Can't say enough great things about the HR Manager - very responsive and helpful. They let employees do their jobs with minimal interference.

Cons

Almost too hands off. My recent "annual" performance review came 6 years after the previous one. If it wasn't for the HR manager, I'd wonder if they even remember me (they didn't even know my company was moving when I mentioned it 8 months after it was announced in the media). If you are laid off from the company you contract with, they probably won't do much to help you find another job. This happened to a colleague of mine who begged them to help him find other work - they basically said sorry, you're on your own.

Advice to Management

Be a little more pro-active when it comes to employee's non-HR related questions and concerns. Would be nice if you could help more with job placement if employees are laid off or dissatisfied with their current jobs.

Aug 30, 2016 – Marketing Content Strategy Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review; we appreciate the feedback. In regards to your performance review, that is not something we like to hear. Not knowing the details, we have ... More

8. "PRO-TEK...IF YOU'RE A PROFESSIONAL..."

Current Employee - PRO-TEK Vaults Operations Manager-Still Archive in Burbank, CA

Pros

If you're a dedicated film archivist, PRO-TEK provides the workplace reward of allowing you to be responsibly involved in both the re-housing, storage, attendant triage, articulation/inspection, repair, digital migration and curation of motion picture tape, film and photo assets. They are also supportive of your involvement in archivally-related organizations, events and activities.

Cons

None worth mentioning right here.

Jul 6, 2016 – Marketing Content Strategy Manager

Thank you for your review! We also appreciate your description of the work you do at our PRO-TEK division and hope that job-seekers find it useful.

9. "Eyes on the Future"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at LAC Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Though I have been familiar with LAC Group for many years now, I am one of its newest employees. I made the jump because of the company's vision for the future of the information industry. Times are changing and LAC has its finger on the pulse of what is happening. Great employees, flexible scheduling, great benefits, and a real chance for growth and advancement...what more can anyone want?

Cons

I have not encountered any!

May 25, 2016 – Marketing Content Strategy Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. LAC Group is working to meet the needs of the legal and business markets today, while developing our business with an eye to the future. We know our ... More

10. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I have been working at LAC Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

1. Dedicated, hard working, hands on leadership.
    2. Corporate growth during my seven years with LAC has made for wide range of new opportunities, as has the recent infusion of private equity resources.
    3. Unlike many companies that pay lip service to continuous improvement, LAC is actually a company that will truly invest the time, effort and resources to make systems and employee life better. If there is a better way to do something it will be considered, regardless from what level in the organization the impetus for change was initiated.

Cons

Rapid growth sometimes leads to growing pains. Has every new initiative been 100% as successful as hoped? No, but I personally can overlook that knowing change was addressed for the right reasons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

May 25, 2016 – Marketing Content Strategy Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, and for your thoughtful remarks that will be helpful to other job seekers as well. Growing pains can be painful, but they are also a sign of success ... More

11. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Technical Specialist in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at LAC Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked at LAC Group for little more than a year at this point. I can say with confidence that this is the best job that I have ever had. Usually I don't give reviews of companies that I work at because of the obvious bias but if you give them a chance, you will be pleasantly surprised.

My job is a little unique here because I provide technical support for all the employees at LAC Group. I get to see people at the apex of frustration. But there has not been a moment where I wasn't treated with respect and appreciation. I cannot stress how important this is for me because this is not always the case in my line of work. The people are really great and when it comes down to it, that's what matters.

Cons

Not every company is perfect. LAC Group is in the middle of a big transition and things can get a little muddled along the way. There have definitely been some challenging moments but these moments have been handled with care.

May 25, 2016 – Marketing Content Strategy Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We strive to embody and maintain a culture of mutual respect and support for each other's talents and skills and are happy to hear that your ... More