LAC Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.4
Deborah Schwarz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Excellent company, truly invested in employee success"

Current Employee - Library Paraprofessional in Silver Spring, MD
    Current Employee - Library Paraprofessional in Silver Spring, MD

I have been working at LAC Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, approachable management team, recognizes value and talent of employees, they hire within for better opportunities that arise within the company

Cons

Contracting positions can change easily based on funding, team performance, etc. so you always need to keep your next steps in mind. This isn't a con of LAC per se, but more of a con of the contracting field in general. However, despite what challenges or changes may occur with your contract, LAC will still have your best interests and assist you in finding other opportunities within the company.

Advice to Management

More team bonding activities and networking opportunities with other projects would be appreciated. Ideas could include LAC Group all staff volunteer days, in person leadership trainings, regular employee appreciation events (I think there is a yearly one, but I just started in January and haven't experienced it yet)

Aug 22, 2017 – Marketing Content Strategy Manager

We were happy and honored to read your review, and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and advice to management. As a company with a highly distributed workforce, it can be a... More

2. "Good for gaining experience, but not always a good experience."

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at LAC Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunities in the contracting field can prove beneficial. Good experience can be gained.

Cons

Corporate atmosphere not as positive. Cannot say this is an employee first company.

Advice to Management

How are your employees your best resources if you don't get to know them?

Aug 22, 2017 – Marketing Content Strategy Manager

We acknowledge that getting to know our employees better is a challenge, given the nature of our business and our highly distributed workforce. Our corporate infrastructure is quite lean for a... More

3. "Material handler"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

LAC-GROUP was a good company to work for and, I have learned a lot in the different positions that I was placed in and the diversity of people that I got to work with was a pleasure to have gotten to know.

Cons

The company at that time have replaced managers 4 times, with in 2 and a half years, that did not have a positive look on the company for that particular project that I was placed on.

Advice to Management

Take the time to find a qualified person to handle the role of a manager.

Dec 9, 2016 – Marketing Content Strategy Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We do understand that manager and supervisor turnover creates challenges, especially for staff who are directly affected. Life changes can have ripple... More

4. "Great Company to work for"

Pros

I have been working in a great environment, a professional company like LAC. In my years with the company, I gained a lot experience in my carrier working in different projects.
    I would like to thank LAC. I recommend other people join and experience this wonderful company

Cons

Nothing Bad to say about this company

Oct 27, 2016 – Marketing Content Strategy Manager

Thank you for this glowing review! We are happy that you are gaining a lot of experience, and that you have nothing bad to say.

5. "Good benefits and competitive salary"

I have been working at LAC Group full-time

Pros

Competitive salary especially for library science
    Interesting work and access to engaging software
    Cross learning and team building environment
    Helpful HR staff

Cons

minimum raises
    contracting work and stresses of rebidding on contracts
    work environment predicated on government environment
    sick leave and PTO rolled into one

Advice to Management

Keep competitive with other contracts but remain helpful to employees and competitive employee benefits
    Continue to support the decisions of contracting staff

Jan 3, 2017 – Marketing Content Strategy Manager

Thank you for your thoughtful review and positive outlook, including your advice to management. We must always balance client needs with employee needs, so we can compete and grow while attracting... More

"LAC Group is great!"

Current Employee - Librarian in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Librarian in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at LAC Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

LAC group has great benefits. They have very supportive management even though we're not even in the same state. With Yammer and email they are always in contact with their employees.

Cons

The only thing I would change about LAC group is our payday. I would rather get paid on the 1st and 15th.

Aug 30, 2016 – Marketing Content Strategy Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We appreciate the kind words and are happy to hear that you are finding our use of communication tools like Yammer to be helpful.

In regards... More

"Professional and personable"

Current Employee - Web Designer/Developer in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Web Designer/Developer in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at LAC Group (More than a year)

Pros

Atmosphere of respect for employees.
    Treat employees as adults
    Good benefits - great HR. It can be hard to navigate a company's HR, but when contacted personally they have been responsive and saved me boat loads of time.
    Supportive
    Good time reporting system

Cons

I don't have any negatives to share.

Aug 30, 2016 – Marketing Content Strategy Manager

Thank you for the many "pros" regarding our culture and benefits, two areas of great importance to us. We do what we can to maintain an open, supportive environment with good communication and it's... More

"Great Company, Amazing People, Great Benefits"

I have been working at LAC Group full-time

Pros

Amazing people, CEO, middle level manager, and all staff I have been in contact with. They are all very collegial. Great company to work for grow, learn, and contribute immediately. LAC offers great benefits.

Cons

No cons to report on LAC Group.

Aug 30, 2016 – Marketing Content Strategy Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and to affirm that our efforts to maintain an open, supportive culture is crossing all levels of management and staff.

"Not your average contractor"

Current Employee - Librarian in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Librarian in Washington, DC

I have been working at LAC Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked with LAC for the entirety of my professional career, and their contracts in DC have allowed me to achieve my goal of becoming a special librarian. I frequently recommend for new librarians to scope out contracting with LAC because the company has helped me to break into the federal realm, which can be difficult to enter otherwise.

Rather than many other contractors who seem solely focused on revenue, I believe that LAC is legitimately interested in contributing to the information field. The company has provided me with several opportunities to grow and develop, including an annual professional development allowance and other job offers within the company. I also feel as though LAC values me, my work, and that they want to keep me on board.

Compensation is fair and I've never felt as though the company has ever tried to "low ball" me. Health insurance and 401K options are very good for a contractor company.

I feel confident that the company is in good health and that it is continuing to grow.

The CEO and HR director are very accessible, and LAC staff are typically very responsive.

Cons

The major con for me is the leave time system: we are offered "paid time off" without a separate bank of sick time. This was problematic when I suffered a serious illness.

As with contracting in general, opportunities (such as promotions and performance-based raises) are based on what's written in the contract. There are some things which the company would like to do, but can't given the confines of contract.

Advice to Management

Offer sick time, and continue to make your employees feel valued.

Aug 30, 2016 – Marketing Content Strategy Manager

Thank you for sharing your experiences and insights. Regarding the paid time off issue, we offer a PTO model that can be used for vacation, illness or any personal time-off needs. If we offered... More

10. "A Great Company"

Pros

I have been working at LAC Group for 4 years. It is one of the best companies to work with. The benefits are great, and the staff members are incredible helpful all the time.

Cons

I have nothing to complain about.

Aug 30, 2016 – Marketing Content Strategy Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share a review, and for giving us 5 stars! Please continue to hold us accountable.