LAC+USC Medical Center Reviews
78% would recommend to a friend
(179 total reviews)
67% approve of CEO
The latest conversations about Healthcare
6 hours ago
I found out a difficult patient I cared for died. This person told me a week after I met them they wished I die. No, I didn’t abuse this person. I tried everything within my job description and outside to help them. The patient was unhappy with the primary caregivers in their family and I the punching bag.
4 hours ago
Utilization Management Clinician BH
I am kind of surprised that I am not able to get a minute clinic or Walmart health sick appointment for today… the first one I got was 15 miles from my house… this is crazy!! Is it due to short staffing or just the season… never had this happen before!!
7 hours ago
I was working Registry at a SNF and I was appalled I was asked to use one of the workers logins to document meals, ADLs etc. isn’t this a breach of security and falsifying reports? Not only that but since we switched assignments mid shift, the three people I headed and changed were not accounted for. I had to start over with 11 completely new patients, only to be refused my own user login. They tried to force me to use someone else’s, which again, is a security breech and falsifi of reports.
Got a burning question about LAC+USC Medical Center? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with LAC+USC Medical Center employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Pay is low but the union is fighting for higher salary." (in 26 reviews)
- "Poor management." (in 11 reviews)
- "Salary or hourly Pay could be better." (in 4 reviews)
- "Not neccesseraily as flexible as one would expect, being a 'teaching' facility." (in 3 reviews)
- "Supervisors are incompetent." (in 2 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of LAC+USC Medical Center and is not affected by filters.
Found 179 of over 198 reviews
Updated Oct 2, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Oct 2, 2023Senior Student Nurse WorkerFormer EmployeeLos Angeles, CA
The diversity of the patient and staff population makes it a very good training opportunity
Not very organized when it comes down to the details; it feels like there is usually a lapse in communication especially when related to staffing
- 3.0Sep 13, 2023Certified Nursing AttendantCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsLos Angeles, CA
- If you want to learn and build your skills in your profession - Build thick skin - benefits are not too bad
- Too much favoritism - Signs of nepotism (especially in hiring processes) - Promotion requires interview?....when you've been there for years
- 4.0Aug 18, 2023RN-3Current Employee, more than 10 yearsLos Angeles, CA
Lots to learn and lots of great people to work with. Great benefits in the long run.
Depending on where you end up, politics make for an uncomfortable environment. Response to problems is increased paperwork
- 4.0Aug 11, 2023Student Nurse WorkerFormer Employee, less than 1 year
-generally nice staff -learning hospital so people more willing to help out and teach -pick your own schedule
-staffing office can be really rude -long onboarding process
- 4.0Jul 17, 2023Community Engagement CoordinatorCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLos Angeles, CA
If youre working on the grant side it's pretty good. Leadership is understanding but also expects work to be done. Hybrid schedule.
Not enough staff, not the best communications but not the worst.
- 4.0Jul 10, 2023RN1Former EmployeeLos Angeles, CA
Knowledgeable/helpful coworkers, enough supplies, lateral movement options, and sense of purpose/community
High acuity across all units, low wages for amount of work despite “benefits”—couldn’t afford my rent and student loans at that rate
LAC+USC Medical Center Reviews FAQs
LAC+USC Medical Center has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 198 reviews left anonymously by employees. 78% of employees would recommend working at LAC+USC Medical Center to a friend and 73% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.
78% of LAC+USC Medical Center employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated LAC+USC Medical Center 3.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.