LASIK MD Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dr. Mark Cohen & Dr. Avi Wallerstein

Pros
  • Flexible work hours which help balancing personal commitments with work schedule (in 6 reviews)

• My work environment is very functional, with equipment that is in good condition and inspected on a regular basis (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Fast paced environment which forces employees to adapt quickly (in 3 reviews)

• For those reasons, I sometimes feel that it is difficult to adjust myself to the rigidity of administrative rules (in 2 reviews)

1. "Good company but needed better pay."

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at LASIK MD full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule and decent pay

Cons

Long hours and very long days

Advice to Management

Be prepared to work long hours

2. "Get ready to work"

I worked at LASIK MD full-time

Pros

It is always very busy so time flies by.

Cons

No time to have lunch. You have to swallow your food and run to the next patient.

LASIK MD Response

Mar 7, 2017 – HR Business Partner

Thanks for taking the time to post a review on Glassdoor! We love to get feedback from our staff on areas we can improve. It is true that whether you are working at one of our clinics, or at our ... More

3. "staff"

Pros

Lasik MD offers an amazing service and we strive to give the patients the best experience possible. I enjoy working with the many people that are committed to providing excellent care. . We have many excellent and dedicated surgeons. Staff are encouraged to cross train in different positions so our days are always varied. Lasik MD promotes from within and recognizes hard work and dedication. Lasik MD also promotes a great work environment through regular R&R activities, it promotes health and exercise, and we also work hard to directly reduce our carbon footprint.

Cons

Lasik MD is a very fast paced. Changes are guaranteed and you need to be able to adapt quickly. Some people thrive in this type of situation and some find it difficult to adjust.

Advice to Management

Lasik MD has grown very quickly and is one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, I think that they should consider investing more in the employees by implementing a pension plan.

4. "Growing Company"

I have been working at LASIK MD full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great Flexibility With Hours
    Multiple Career Opportunities
    Unlimited Access to Management
    Many Learning Resources
    Good Health Care Benefits
    Longevity in Market Due to Innovation and strategic Future Planning
    Modern Technology Available In the Workplace

Cons

Lack of RRSP Contributions / Pension Plans / Profit Shares
    Annual Performance Increase Program Lacks Structure
    Employee Perks Are Outdated
    Company As a Whole Does Not Have the Employee Resources to manage new Ventures

Advice to Management

Focus on revamping competitive compensation packages
    Look to offer more rewarding annual performance increases
    Update Perks to be more relatable to the general workforce population

LASIK MD Response

Dec 2, 2016 – Director of HR

Dear employee, Thank you kindly for your feedback! In regards to the annual performance increase program, I would be curious to know what specifically lacks structure in your view, to ensure that we ... More

"Good, depending on location"

I worked at LASIK MD full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good staff, great teamwork, central location, decent health benefits

Cons

Poor upper management, unethical steps carried out, low salary, not enough support/emotional intelligence, zero room for growth. If you're a suck up then there is a slim chance of growth. But that means leaving your morals at the door & doing everything as upper management wants

Advice to Management

Nothing. In order for the company to be great, overhaul would need to be done on upper management

"OK if you are a student"

Former Employee - Patient Care Representative in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Patient Care Representative in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at LASIK MD full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly work environment, good location in downtown Montreal, bonus incentive

Cons

Although largely advertised, there is no room for growth. Managers tend to favor some employees over others

Advice to Management

Take into consideration that good employees will leave if there is no more room for growth. Make it possible for them to move up in a job in their field.

7. "Make Sure You Work At The Right Clinic"

I have been working at LASIK MD full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

free eye surgery,benefits are ok, some people i work with are nice

Cons

i work in a larger clinic with a lot of catty staff and member of management, there is so much favouritism and people who get a small amount of power let it go to their heads. pay it is nearly impossible to make a bonus as a clinical counselor/surgical cousenllor or as a general member of the staff. very vague about discipline, some people get away with murder, some get written up for nothing. unless you are a surgeon or an eye care professional you will never make money with this company.

Advice to Management

pay attention to what happens in your clinic, lead by example, don't hide in your office, don't favourite certain staff members

8. "I love my job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

I have been working at LASIK MD full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoy working at Lasik MD mostly because of the variety on a daily basis and the opportunities to reach out in my career.

I am satisfied with the bonus system it really rounds out my paycheque. I enjoy being able to help patients with their goal of having a life changing surgery, I find this very rewarding.

I have been here a few years and feel I am appreciated by Lasik MD as an individual not just a number in a large company. I intend to be here as long as I can working towards education goals and career advancements. My manager is amazing she is always concerned with me as a person and finds new ways for me to reach out in the clinic.

I can honestly say I am happy here.

Cons

I don't have a lot to put here, I think anyone in the customer service industry can appreciate some days are more trying then others when dealing with other people no exception here.

We always start a new day with a smile on our faces and generally we are not alone. There is always someone here I can ask to help me solve any issues.

It is hard to bus here in the winter it's very cold and I find it hard mostly because of that I do wish we were able to park here instead of taking the bus but it is just too pricey to park downtown.

Advice to Management

Recognition of employees in this company is important as it can get discouraging sometimes when you don't reach your goals.

9. "Great employer for dynamic people"

Current Employee - Head Office in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Head Office in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Pros

- Flattened hierarchical structure
    - Possibility to work on a lot of different projects with lots of autonomy
    - Company open to new ideas
    - Flexible hours at head office
    - Telecommuting
    - Great atmosphere, feels like a big family

Cons

- No pension plan/RRSP matching

10. "Great opportunity to develop professional competencies"

I have been working at LASIK MD full-time

Pros

great team spirit, occasion of growing your knowledge, the directors offer us new and motivating responsibilities, opportunities to grow up in the company, owners involvement in the clinics, efficiency, great job for people who has energy and determination

Cons

many updates of procedures, salaries lower than average, sometimes making clerical reports, must have flexibility with your personal agenda especially on surgery day, adding responsabilities without $$$ recognition, not enough time to learn our new job

Advice to Management

Corporative culture and values were recently changed and looking forward to see concrete recongnition for employees who don't manage efforts to get this enterprise getting a great reputation in North America (and soon in the world).