KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

100% Recommend to a Friend
100% Approve of CEO

Found 5 of over 5 reviews

4.3
LB Goodman & Co Managing Director David J Goodman (no image)
David J Goodman

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Accounting

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work

Dec 31, 2020 - Accountant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible, great management, good learning environment

Cons

None to note, just normal tax season long hours

Managing Director

Thank you for sharing. We try to create an environment that supports personal and professional growth along with a work/life balance. Long hours during busy season is typical in most CPA firms. We continue to find ways to improve our busy season experience including having fun.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

This is THE place to work

Sep 9, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you are looking to join a young, dynamic, growing team then this is the place you need to be. The leadership team is dynamic, innovative, and always looking to stay ahead of the IT curve. Their dedication to employee growth and development is excellent, and their unique approach to how they work with their clients is, without question, unparalleled in the tri-state industry. LB Goodman truly is the best kept secret of the accounting and tax world in this area. You'll be happy you checked them out.

Cons

I don't have any to share.

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

A fun working environment where you’re valued like family .

Aug 31, 2020 - Administrative Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

The leaders of this organization care for the employees. They provided ongoing training as needed for potential growth within the organization. They also provide different outings & activities for their employees. They believe taking some time to have fun is beneficial and important . I’ve been with this company for a little over 8 years & feel blessed to work at LB Goodman & Co. I would highly recommend working for this company.

Cons

Not being able to take time off during tax season. (Jan-April /September-October)

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing place to grow.

Aug 25, 2020 - Accountant
    Business Outlook

Pros

The current management at the firm provides great learning experiences for staff. They also excel at teaching patiently and take great interest in your professional development. The firm has a lot of dental practice clients in addition to variety of businesses where staff can learn about a wide spectrum of accountancy. The firm doesn't force you to work 80+ hours a week when tax season comes around. I feel appreciated for the work I do.

Cons

There is some stress that comes with the job. However, this is to be expected of all public accounting positions due to tax day.

1 person found this review helpful

Managing Director

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your candid response. We understand that public accounting can be stressful at times. LB Goodman strives to create a work/life balance. We also create a fun environment throughout the year.

5. 3.0
    Current Employee

Not a long-term position

Sep 30, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great experience for college graduates

Cons

Toxic work environment, rude management

Managing Director

LB Goodman has been named a Best Place to Work in NJ for 2018, 2019 and 2020. An employee survey completed with anonymity determines the companies recognized with this honor. The firm mission and values are not in alignment with this review.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 English Reviews