LCO Reviews | Glassdoor

LCO Reviews

2.7
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Public Relations Assistant"

Former Employee - Public Relations Assistant in Valley Village, CA
    Former Employee - Public Relations Assistant in Valley Village, CA

I worked at LCO (Less than a year)

Pros

Great area, Given a lot of direction, Learned a tremendous amount

Cons

Hours are long, Parking not included

2. "Intern"

Former Employee - Intern in Beverly Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in Beverly Hills, CA

Pros

A lot of hands on learning and pitching.

Cons

Not much guidance once given a task

Advice to Management

get one to one internships going

3. "Intern Program"

I worked at LCO as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Met some great people and was able to fluff my resume. Did not gain anything beneficial from the program.

Cons

The majority of the office consists of interns. After the company was bought out, a huge portion of existing employees of high status were replaced by interns. The hours were long and management was no longer pleasant to work for. Strong desire to leave after the 1st week but stuck it out through the program just to be able to "complete the internship" and receive a certificate.

4. "Intern Factory. Unpaid interns doing all administrative work"

I worked at LCO as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

-Something to put on your resume.
    -Nice Building

Cons

- No pay & you pay for parking...so you lose money working here.
    - If you don't pay for parking you have to leave the office every hour and find a different place to park on the street.
    - Long Hours
    - No appreciation//no room to grow
    - Surrounded by unhappy employees
    - Michael Levine very disrespectful
    -Michael Levine has huge ego ( sculpture of his head in the office, makes you photoshop pictures of him in your free time, makes you follow him around carrying his briefcase, and makes you watch a documentary about him before your interview)
    -When I was there they used minimal technology and still were using file folders instead of computer folders.
    -They post new ads on craigslist weekly looking for MORE interns. Literally an intern factory.

Advice to Management

Stop being a intern factory! When I was there 80% of the employees at the office were interns.

5. "Very rude owner"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at LCO as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice people that work in there.

Cons

The owner of the company is very rude, disrespectful and insulting. I understand that I will encounter people like this in life however, there is a line that someone can cross before it's out of control. IT'S out of control... which probably explains the low amount of people who work there. Interns (That do stay) outnumber the employees.

Advice to Management

I don't know how to tell someone to change there attitude.

6. "Good intern experience"

Former Intern - Public Relations Intern in Beverly Hills, CA
    Former Intern - Public Relations Intern in Beverly Hills, CA

I worked at LCO as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

good people to work with, experienced professionals

Cons

unpaid internship, busy work for interns

"LCO gave me my second chance! I owe a lot to the new owner and company."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

I have been working at LCO full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The environment is creative, safe, and positive.
    The current team they've built is strong, hardworking, and changing the company into the best it can be.
    After adding more people to the team, responsibilities are laid out and the organization of the company is at an all time high.
    The offices are clean, team members are patient, and the new owner believes in making the company strive to achieve the ultimate success everyday.
    The energy of the office is very important to the new owner as well. Therefore the environment is young, lively, and a place that is conducive to doing good work. Current team members find friendships and trust in one another!

Cons

Long hours. Leadership Council works hard and long, all the time. PR is a round the clock industry and the publicists and additional staff don't take that lightly. The old saying goes..."Working at LCO is no hobby"

Advice to Management

Weekly staff meetings that include the entire company so we can continue to stay on the same page!

"I've truly learned so much about the field/industry."

Current Intern - Intern in Beverly Hills, CA
    Current Intern - Intern in Beverly Hills, CA

I have been working at LCO as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

One of my favorite aspects of working here at LCO was the fact that I and the other interns, (with whom I actually built very close personal bonds with) had the opportunity to work under each department. This allowed me to get a great understanding and feel of the positions at first hand. I was able to experience each department for myself to ultimately figure out what areas I was most interested in, as well as my strengths, weaknesses, likes and dislikes. I really got to know myself in the work field more than ever, and I am overly grateful and appreciative for that. Another positive aspect about working here was the positive relationships I built, not only with the other interns, but with the management as well. They really cared to take me under their wing and teach me everything they knew, from basics to the real thing. I have so much respect for each and every single one of them and would not hesitate to use them as references for my future. Last but definitely not least, the lunch breaks are awesome! The location is incredible - center of Beverly Hills, and the 1 hour break, yes 1 hour, is perfect. Allows me to go to a great restaurant and come back just in time! Overall, it is a great job to really experience the industry and meet great people with WONDERFUL connections!

Cons

Some things that I personally feel were an issue were the long hours without pay. Sometimes it can be unmotivating, but you just have to remember that you are building your resume and NETWORKING. At the end of the day, it can only benefit you. Last, if you truly have a dislike for an office environment (aka working on a computer) then stop reading and go on to the next.

Advice to Management

Maybe have the tv turned on more often/light music in the background! (if majority votes yes!)

"I love working here!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

I have been working at LCO full-time

Pros

The company has gone through an enormous amount of growth over the last 7 months. There is entirely new management that has taken over and brought in a handful of talented, well-respected publicists that have been working in the entertainment industry for over a decade. Every employee respects one another and goes out of their way to help each other out. LCO is the perfect balance of hard-working and dedicated employees who enjoy each other's company and maintain a positive energy throughout the work day. The intern program has seen a lot of positive changes as well. Interns work in every department within the office, giving them the chance to learn about PR, new business, and project management. If you are looking to get your foot in the door and learn more about the industry, this is a great place to start! You get hands on experience writing pitches, press releases, talking to the media, coordinating events, etc. As the company continues to expand, interns have had more opportunity to obtain full-time employment with the company. I started off as an intern and was offered a position. Three of my colleagues were interns at LCO before they were hired as well.

Cons

PR never sleeps, so if you are not interested in working long hours and being constantly busy (writing, interacting with clients at all hours of the day, calling media, planning events) then this is not the company for you...no, PR is not for you.

Parking is also another downside. If you are an intern you have to park on the street next to the building and move your car every two hours. Personally, I liked taking a break every couple of hours and going outside with my friends to move our cars.

10. "Intern"

I worked at LCO as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

you get to work mostly, on your admin skills, and once you've proven yourself, you can transition into actually learning PR.

Cons

lots of egos, and papers being thrown at you...literally. so if you don't have tough skin...don't intern here.