LEWIS Global Communications Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 14, 2019

Found 150 reviews

LEWIS Global Communications CEO Chris Lewis
Chris Lewis

"Stay as far away as possible"

Current Employee - Client Services

I have been working at LEWIS Global Communications full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good people and used to be a strong culture before everyone left or was laid off. Hard working marketing and PR vets with years of industry experience.

Cons

The CEO is a joke. He doesn't know how to give feedback and he makes very poor decisions. He tries to get involved with the business but has no idea what's going on with clients, the team or the market. He pretends to care but his actions show otherwise. US leadership has zero experience in running a business. They think that layoffs is the only answer to turning around a dying business. No one trusts anything he...

Advice to Management

Hire a new leader, not just a manager. Hire someone that can inspire people to "want" to work for the company. At this point, nobody does. Also, hire an HR person that is empathetic and one that genuinely cares about the goodwill of the people.

LEWIS Global Communications2017-05-29

"Run away!"

Pros

The people are great. Recruiters should take note of the amazing and talented LEWIS people now in the job market. There will be more to come.

Cons

Layoff after layoff after layoff in the US. It feels like a dying company. Global leadership team doesn't communicate with employees and the company is run with an us vs. them mentality.

LEWIS Global Communications2017-05-17

"Growing, rapid-fire environment"

Current Employee - Copywriter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LEWIS Global Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

LEWIS offers plenty of opportunity for career growth. It's culture encourages building old and new career skills and constantly tests your abilities.

Cons

Sometimes different projects can pull you in different directions. In crunch time, which occurs often, you can get conflicting asks with little guidance - so you'll need to be able to research, organize and generally operate on your own as soon as you join.

LEWIS Global Communications2017-01-13

"Complete SF Makeover"

Current Employee - Account Services in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LEWIS Global Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

Wow, what a year it has been in 2016. I have been with the agency for a little over a year and there has been so much change in San Francisco. Good change, well great change I should say. When I first started in 2015, I noticed a real disconnect in the way certain managers lead teams. It was inconsistent and there were VPs that never took initiative or volunteered to support me and my team. Because of this, I ended...

Cons

Agency life is agency life. Work life balance is at a minimum. Some clients are rude and obnoxious It goes with the territory.

Advice to Management

There has been a lot of change this last year. As we move in to 2017 I would suggest to keep up the momentum, support the team and continue to go with the vision that was set forth.

LEWIS Global Communications2016-12-14

"Great benefits and people"

I have been working at LEWIS Global Communications full-time

Pros

A collaborative office with creative, fun individuals

Cons

Tough to find a work/life balance

LEWIS Global Communications2016-11-22

"Great people"

Current Employee - Account Director in San Francisco, CA

Pros

I've never worked with a group of people that I like and respect more. People are motivated and work hard and generally like each other, which is rare in my experience.

Cons

Work life balance is always a struggle in PR agencies. The organization is putting in a lot of effort into fixing this -- but its a continual process.

Advice to Management

Happy employees do go work. Good work makes happy clients. Happy clients make a profitable organization.

LEWIS Global Communications2016-10-05

"Great agency!"

I have been working at LEWIS Global Communications

Pros

LEWIS is a global agency that continues to grow. There is a great culture and employees are rewarded.

Cons

Sometimes lower level employees get lost in the size of the company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

LEWIS Global Communications2016-09-30

"Optimistic and evolving"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LEWIS Global Communications for more than a year

Pros

Collaborative environment - coworkers are non-competitive, supportive, and always willing to help each other. Work-life balance is reinforced frequently - the hours are very reasonable, flexible WFH policy, and support for colleagues with family. Those who excel at specific activities are recognized and rewarded (in terms of spot rewards and deserved promotions). If you put in the work and passion, there's no limit...

Cons

Every company has ups and downs, and while LEWIS is going through a period of transition with staffing and approach to accounts, I feel like the outlook is overwhelmingly positive and the changes needed to be made in order to grow.

Advice to Management

Keep rewarding those who work hard and providing feedback to those employees who aren't contributing at the highest level, and the rest will fall into place.

LEWIS Global Communications2016-09-07

"I am truly inspired to work at LEWIS"

Current Employee - Account Services in San Francisco, CA

Pros

I just read some of the negative reviews and I can understand why some employees (current and former) feel the way they do. There was a time when I felt the same exact way. I was one signature away from accepting an offer from another agency last year. That has changed and I am glad that I hung in there. For a long time I was unhappy but too afraid to look for a new job. I wasn't confident in myself or my skills....

Cons

Six months ago, I would have a laundry list of complaints. And while every job has its challenges, I have nothing but positive things to say about the current work situation. Well, some clients are really difficult but that’s about it. I guess that’s the nature of PR.

Advice to Management

Please continue to treat all team members as equals regardless of their level. It’s good to see senior team members do work. I learn that way. Keep it up. And I am really impressed with the new leaders being brought in and love the fact that they sit with us in cubicles.

LEWIS Global Communications2016-09-17

"Out with the old, in with the new!"

Current Employee - Account Services in San Francisco, CA

Pros

The office vibe in SF has changed and I love it. Finally we have some leaders that care for employees and actually communicate with us. Everyone is treated equal and that means a lot to me. We are definitely headed in the right direction.

Cons

Long hours but that's expected in any agency environment. Some clients aren't so nice either but that's also expected. Most clients are technology & B2B so it would be nice to branch out into other markets.

Advice to Management

Keep up the change. There's a vibe and energy in the office that hasn't been around in a long time. I am excited and inspired, so please continue to do what you are doing. We see it.

LEWIS Global Communications2016-09-09