LEWIS Global Communications Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 14, 2019

Found 150 reviews

LEWIS Global Communications CEO Chris Lewis
Chris Lewis

"Awesome culture and opportunities for growth"

I have been working at LEWIS Global Communications

Pros

LEWIS is full of some of the brightest minds in communications. Senior-level management cares about your growth and providing opportunities to develop your skills in varying sectors of the industry. Company culture is really important to LEWIS, which shows by how many employees are friends in and outside of work.

Cons

As expected at any agency, hours can be long and clients can be difficult.

LEWIS Global Communications2016-08-25

"Account servicing"

Former Employee - Account Servicer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LEWIS Global Communications full-time

Pros

The opportunity to grow and the benefits are really competitive. The CEO is also inspirational and cares about the staff.

Cons

The company has seen lots of churn in the US and specifically in the San Francisco office. New leadership seems lost and isn't as engaged, responsive or as involved as previous leadership.

Advice to Management

Hire the right management for the office who can handle the job.

LEWIS Global Communications2016-08-30

"Beware !!! Ridiculously Unprofessional Environment"

I have been working at LEWIS Global Communications

Pros

The only great thing about LEWIS is getting off at 2:30pm after they're done patting each other on the back for doing their job.

Cons

Lack of communication from London HQ down to the executives leaving employees in a tizzy. A global communications agency that lacks it's own internal communication. LEWIS is a micromanaging haven.

Advice to Management

The high turn over rate speaks for itself. Numerous employees leave after 3-6 months. The employee perks are laughable. LEWIS is a Ford Pinto they're trying to pawn off as a fast and furious Ferrari. Do not believe the hype.

LEWIS Global Communications2016-09-14

"Man the lifeboats!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LEWIS Global Communications full-time

Pros

Initially a very positive environment. Decent benefits. Generous (and abused) PTO.

Cons

Management does not know how to nurture or build business. They are lost in outdated marketing principles and out of touch with today's market place. Everyone is very green, short-sighted and amateurish in their marketing abilities - they get very excited by shiny things and pats on their backs. Anyone with the least bit of real-world experience can see through the cracks in the facade of this place. Innovation and...

Advice to Management

Actually develop and live your true culture and values, not just as a company but as individuals, because you are not walking the walk when it comes to fulfilling the promises that you espouse.

LEWIS Global Communications2016-09-12

"Fun at first, then it becomes political"

Current Employee - Managing Director

I have been working at LEWIS Global Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

Clients range from late stage growth startups up to publicly traded companies Global reach Integrated marketing proposition resonates with clients

Cons

Very political environment. Lots of favoritism which leads to pitting people against each other Opaque attitude towards providing feedback, despite claims that the organization is transparent Lack of training, despite the agency's claims Junior staff run wild, which leads to issues with client management and then higher-ups get involved when the clients complain. That shouldn't happen at all

Advice to Management

Support your senior account team members (Account Managers and Account Directors) Pay more attention to your clients and how the account team interacts with them regularly, not when a problem surfaces

LEWIS Global Communications2016-07-24

"Senior Account Executive"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LEWIS Global Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some good people, decent office space in SF

Cons

Terrible culture, very clicky. You are expected to work very long hours with no comp time. Management has only one way of doing things, outside ideas are not welcome and clients can be very boring

Advice to Management

Stop treating people like a cog in a wheel

LEWIS Global Communications2016-03-10

"Look elsewhere"

I have been working at LEWIS Global Communications full-time

Pros

Checks clear, talented resources in a few practice areas

Cons

No clear direction after being acquired, tons of turnover, no professional development programs - younger talent ends up fending for themselves, leadership spends too much time behind closed doors gossiping about employees and clients. Claim to have capabilities they're neither experienced in or staffed against.

Advice to Management

No advice will help this current crew. Hang tight and wait for the parent company to bail you out.

LEWIS Global Communications2016-01-14

"Visionary and fun"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at LEWIS Global Communications

Pros

I've been at LEWIS for several years. I think what I like the most is that my experiences change from day to day and month to month, so I get the interesting client and team experiences typically offered by agency life. Also I've been offered a lot of opportunity and recognized for good work. The company has a reputation in SD for training well, which probably has something to do with why some people stay a long time...

Cons

Agency life can be stressful. Quick growth through acquisitions can make it hard to identify company culture.

Advice to Management

Keep offering training so staff can keep up with the flexibility in services offered to clients. Focus on culture.

LEWIS Global Communications2015-11-03

"Account Staff"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at LEWIS Global Communications full-time

Pros

Good vacay and benefits.

Cons

I joined LEWIS because I wanted to work in an environment where I could grow, learn and be exposed to new opportunity but that is not what I found. This is the one job I had where it literally sucked the life out of me. There are irritations and frustrations at every job, but this was on a whole other level. It made me so angry and irritable all the time and hated waking up every day to go to the office. NO ONE should...

LEWIS Global Communications2015-10-26

"Great company"

I worked at LEWIS Global Communications

Pros

Everyone in the nice was super nice and helpful. I felt very comfortable and really learned a lot. Unlike typical intern position that require filing and fetching coffee, they let me sit in on meeting and calls and gave me a lot of responsibility. They have offices all over the world and are flexible with relocating you if/when you get a full-time position.

Cons

There are no real downsides of the company, except for the fact that I am not super into tech but if you are then this is a great company for work for.

Advice to Management

Their management team was very organized and cohesive. They really knew how to motivate the team.

LEWIS Global Communications2015-10-27