LEWIS Global Communications "long hours" Reviews | Glassdoor

LEWIS Global Communications Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated May 14, 2019

Found 150 reviews

LEWIS Global Communications CEO Chris Lewis
Chris Lewis
Pros
  • "Work/life balance is good for an agency(in 14 reviews)

• "I've had a chance to try new things like social media and digital marketing skills(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "As with any agency, work-life balance can be a bit of a struggle, especially for senior leadership(in 11 reviews)

• "Occasional long hours but nothing outside of the norm(in 9 reviews)

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews

"An agency headed in the wrong direction"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Boston, MA

I worked at LEWIS Global Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people at LEWIS are amazing - they made it worth showing up to work. There is an opportunity to grow and climb the ranks if you are aggressive and put in the work. Excellent amount of PTO - if you can find a time you are allowed to take it. It's a global company which can give you exposure to other markets if you are lucky enough to be on one of the few international accounts.

Cons

LEWIS is growing, the profitable agency - but for all the wrong reasons. LEWIS has slowly been drained of lots of its best employees due to constant overworking and a lack of recruitment efforts. The average team members are spread very thin and forced to work extremely hard and long hours - more so than your typical agency. This has caused a poor and negative working environment...

Advice to Management

Take a second to recognize your employees are the ones keeping your clients happy. If your employees aren't happy, your clients won't be happy for long. You need to invest actual MONEY in your teams - new teams, time off, equipment, benefits, bonuses, etc. Young employees joining the company need training and access to managers/seasoned employees who can give them in-depth advice to help them learn and grow. As it...

LEWIS Global Communications2018-04-11

"Out with the old, in with the new!"

Current Employee - Account Services in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LEWIS Global Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

The office vibe in SF has changed and I love it. Finally we have some leaders that care for employees and actually communicate with us. Everyone is treated equal and that means a lot to me. We are definitely headed in the right direction.

Cons

Long hours but that's expected in any agency environment. Some clients aren't so nice either but that's also expected. Most clients are technology & B2B so it would be nice to branch out into other markets.

Advice to Management

Keep up the change. There's a vibe and energy in the office that hasn't been around in a long time. I am excited and inspired, so please continue to do what you are doing. We see it.

LEWIS Global Communications2016-09-09

"Senior Account Executive"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LEWIS Global Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some good people, decent office space in SF

Cons

Terrible culture, very clicky. You are expected to work very long hours with no comp time. Management has only one way of doing things, outside ideas are not welcome and clients can be very boring

Advice to Management

Stop treating people like a cog in a wheel

LEWIS Global Communications2016-03-10

"Great people and culture in fast-paced setting"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LEWIS Global Communications full-time

Pros

LEWIS has an energetic, fun culture and one of the best parts about working here is the people. Everyone on my team is friendly, outgoing and supportive in terms of being willing to help out. The company shows a genuine interest in its culture, with active measures taken by management to implement things like rewards, shortened hours, and new kinds of training programs. The work itself is fast-paced and exciting – you’ll...

Cons

Occasional long hours but nothing outside of the norm. Primarily B2B technology clients so need to have an interest in tech.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your culture and employees. The people are what make LEWIS great.

LEWIS Global Communications2015-09-21

"Great Place"

I have been working at LEWIS Global Communications full-time

Pros

Friendly environment, a few office perks (beer+wine on tap and catered lunches), great teams.

Cons

Employees work really hard and long hours. Focuses mostly on B2B

LEWIS Global Communications2015-09-18

"Not An Ideal Work Enviornment"

I have been working at LEWIS Global Communications

Pros

-Big Clients -Challenging work -Great Resume builder

Cons

-Long hours; no respect for work/life balance. -Account managers do not have a good understanding of technical aspects (Paid Search, Analytics SEO) -Managers will tell you "we push you hard so you can get a better job somewhere else" -Most Senior staff are inexperienced and lack proper leadership ability.

Advice to Management

Lose the bureaucracy and "churn and burn" mentality.

LEWIS Global Communications2015-08-12
  7. "The people at LEWIS make working there something special.""

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Besides great colleagues, LEWIS is known for its competitive benefits and salary packages. There are many opportunities to grow, but one has to work hard for them!

Cons

Company politics, long hours, high stress.

LEWIS Global Communications2013-01-21

"Prepare for ulcers and to be undervalued as a person"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at LEWIS Global Communications

Pros

This agency works with some really interesting tech companies, so you are able to really diversify your portfolio of work.

Cons

Understaffed (because people keep leaving), VERY long hours, expected to work above and beyond without any incentive or even gratitude. VPs have little leadership skills, almost downright mean to individuals in the office. This agency defines the phrase "burn and churn."

Advice to Management

Instead of watching what is going on, step in an help other employees. Stopped counting how many times someone would get belittled in front of everyone and then later senior management would say "I know you are under a lot of stress....but I have more work for you...." To make it worse everyone in the company (worldwide) knows certain US execs are bad and lead to high turnover but NOTHING is done.

LEWIS Global Communications2009-05-12