LF USA Reviews | Glassdoor

LF USA Reviews

Updated February 2, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Large company segments allow for movement between brand and categories (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Worked very long hours and received nothing in return (in 3 reviews)

"Learned alot but no room for growth"

Current Employee - Associate Designer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Associate Designer in New York, NY

I have been working at LF USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The environment was very warm and the people are great to work with.

Cons

Worked very long hours and received nothing in return. There was no room for growth at all within this company. Sales team also did not provide accurate or enough information to designers in order to better product and sales.

Advice to Management

Not sure if it would be useful to even advise management on how to better the company. I believe this company is too unstable for any future advice.

"Race to the Middle"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at LF USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Access to customers, comfortable travel, at the time good benefits, good colleagues.

Cons

Poor Upper Management. Management by Fear. Failed to pay promised bonuses.

Advice to Management

Improve office culture. Fight for your employees, pay the bonuses as promised, especially when results are achieved.

3. "Leaning a lot day by day"

Current Employee - Handbag Designer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Handbag Designer in New York, NY

I have been working at LF USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Team atmosphere, varies by division

Cons

Pay can be challenging, especially if you've grown with them

4. "Not exciting, but not bad"

Former Employee - Designer in New York, NY

I worked at LF USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good benefits, good work/life balance, employee sample sales

Cons

no product discounts (maybe in some departments), middle managers take credit for your work making it difficult to move up

Advice to Management

Give everyone an opportunity to interact with and impress upper management.

"Thought it would be a great opportunity but I was WRONG!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at LF USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

employee sample sales, some divisions within the company are awesome to work for and treat you like family, benefits were free but now we have to pay for it. learning tool,

Cons

Upper Management say one thing and do the other. Promise you things but never fulfill them. very difficult to move up, no employee discounts, if people don't understand the work they get a smaller account and the person who knows the work gets the double workload. The director treats people unfairly, unless you are good friends with the director then you move up and are treat different.

Advice to Management

Get retrain in being a human being with feelings and how the company really works, ask the people who do the work for advice before changing the work load. appreciate the employee more

6. "A corporate dinosaur"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at LF USA full-time

Pros

The benefits are great (but they may be getting rid of these next yr), the less senior employees are wonderful and always have great ideas.

Cons

They are operating in the stone age - no innovation whatsoever. Everything is based on your age - if you are 45+ I would recommend working here, if not, go elsewhere bc your ideas, opinions and pov won't matter. No culture and very very low morale.

Advice to Management

LISTEN TO YOUR YOUNGER EMPLOYEES. BOOST MORALE!!!

7. "Not Too Bad"

Current Employee - Graphic Artist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Graphic Artist in New York, NY

I have been working at LF USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Benefits. You don't pay extra for health insurance. Company picnics some years. Lunch Areas. Good discounts at some stores.

Cons

The pay isn't that great. No real room for advancement.

"I thought it was stable"

Former Employee - Assistant Designer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Designer in New York, NY

I worked at LF USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Usually only worked 40-45 hours/week. Thought it was stable. Good benefits. A wide variety of projects. Very challenging.

Cons

Toward the end I was often working 45-55 hours/week, and sometimes more. People kept getting laid off and the remaining employees had to take on more projects. Deadlines were and work load were not adequately discussed.

Advice to Management

I think everyone would be happier if we discussed and communicated more about projects and workload.

"Sales Assistant"

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at LF USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are wonderful and the people who are NOT in upper management are an absolute joy to work with. There is a lot of talent in the company that is being overlooked and unrecognized.

Cons

LF USA has so much potential and it's a shame that my Cons outweigh the Pros.

This company is nothing more than a profit driven machine that is totally disconnected from its average employee. Human Resources is an absolute joke and everyone knows that. No one even knows who the head of HR is (or who their generalists are) because they only make themselves known when they are about to lay people off. There are so many things wrong with this company but no one wants to say anything for fear of getting fired.

There is NO room for growth in this company.

The entire company is supposed to operate under the idea of being "one family" but each division only looks out for themselves which has lead to the company's well publicized decline over the past few years. Instead of correcting the issues they have and working to make their current company the best it could possibly be, they keep acquiring more and more companies without working out the kinks with the ones they had prior to the new acquisitions.

Someone else said this and I will echo it: "this company has been the biggest embarrassment on my resume."

Advice to Management

Hong Kong Office: Clean up shop and start fresh with your New York Upper Management Team.

New York Office: Quit only answering to the senior management teams who are bringing absolutely NOTHING to the table yet who constantly request higher salaries and bigger bonuses. If you actually cared about your employees instead of intimidating them, your company would be such a better place.

"Don't bother!"

Former Employee - Designer in New York, NY

I worked at LF USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits albeit those are changing too. Business class travel to Asia but that's also changing soon. Some of the designers still there are nice.

Cons

Management is clueless on making effective and efficient choices, no room for advancement, bad working environment with no clear communication of changes. High Stress, and very callous ways of terminating. No acknowledgment of any kind for victories but definitely blame for defeat.

Advice to Management

Get a clue and promote the smart ones, not the weak inexperienced hacks.