LG Consulting Reviews in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

Thomas H. Taft

"Super fun place!"

Current Employee - Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at LG Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people, the fun, the attitude to help customers.

Cons

Not a ton of bad things, all normal stuff

Advice to Management

Move out the bad talent from years ago and hire the top quality you have in the past year.

"Sales"

Former Employee - Client Services in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Client Services in Seattle, WA

I worked at LG Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

not many, Tom and Jeff are habitual liars

Cons

leadership was lacking. I see why they change the company name time and time again... now a part of Snedaci or something like that, horrible people.

Advice to Management

Get a real job and stick with it, stop messing with peoples lives and families. It will come back to bite you in the end.

3. "Care about your people not just the $$$"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at LG Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Autonomy, not a micromanagement company. Great potential, yet lacked execution. Owners egos killed the success.

Cons

Lack of direction, poor leadership, selfish owners. No mentorship. "I" mentality. Commoditized employees. Solely $$$ driven.

Advice to Management

Value your employees and work for them. If you help them reach their goals, they will help you reach yours. Everyone knows you want to hire "A" players and "B" players to fill out a winning team. If the "C" players aren't cutting it, get them up or get them out. You guys have never proven to lead or mentor anyone over the long haul. Pretty sad stuff.

5. "Too small to survive."

Former Employee - BI Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - BI Consultant in Seattle, WA

I worked at LG Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Worked with some really great people.

Cons

No processes in place. Lack of methodology, oversight and practice level guidelines, collaboration, knowledge bases, partnerships with Microsoft and other BI Vendors, etc.

Advice to Management

If you are still around you should put more money in to the practice and hire more people to build the practice the way it should be built.

6. "Not Going In Right Direction"

Former Employee - Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Seattle, WA

I worked at LG Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice view from the office. Snacks are cool. They don't really understand what is going on so for smart people that means opportunities.

Cons

Founders and current leaders are pretty clueless. They changed brands and the name and haven't gotten anything out of it. The launch was rather pathetic. No real direction on what they are doing and offering to customers. They don't value people at all as they use them and then just get rid of them when they are tired of you. No stability at all.

Advice to Management

Pick a team and a direction and try to stick with it longer than one month.

"Be very cautious"

Current Employee - Delivery in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Delivery in Seattle, WA

Pros

Some smart people at the IC level. Free parking is nice for all levels.

Cons

They say they have 100 people but the reality is they only have 15. Business is declining as the branding of company from LG Consulting to new name Clutch has hurt them. Not clear internally what they are bringing to market. If you don't have work they will fire you quickly, no bench time. Not a fun place to work

Advice to Management

Try to keep strong talent from leaving. Invest in people for the long term and don't get ADD on making decisions. Have internal meetings that actually contribute to bottom line rather than listening to everyone talk about nothing.

"Proceed with caution"

I worked at LG Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Office staff is friendly and supportive with a desire to succeed.
    Benefits are comparable to the IT staffing industry.
    Consulting practice leaders are experienced with a depth in solution development.
    Field consultants work with good companies and are supported with a consultant support resource.

Cons

Turnover is very high with most of the practice leads, recruiting and sales resources on board for less than a year. Attracting talent, retention and longevity are poor.
    Company is in a constant state of transition and has been for years, trying to migrate from an IT staffing firm to an IT solutions firm without a clear strategy supported by the owners.

Advice to Management

Develop a clear strategy for the migration from staffing to solutions that the ownership can support. Manage the transition plan with a long-term perspective.

"Creative environment for entrepenureal leaders"

Current Employee - Client Services in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Client Services in Seattle, WA

I have been working at LG Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast growing, flexible, team oriented

Cons

Fast Growing, Balance of Priorities

Advice to Management

Commit to the vision you have and all will fall into place.

"Started Off Well, But Company Needs Some Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

--Friendly atmosphere in office
    --Good communication among peers
    --Moderately good benefits package
    --Enjoyable team building activities

I was really excited to join the LG team and found the staff to be wonderful when I began my job: friendly atmosphere, promise of career growth, modest benefits that I was told would increase as LG grew.

Cons

--Lack of communication from executives
    --Not much in-office training
    --Management is not straightforward in sharing company information with employees that we need to do our jobs.

Alot of the promises made at the beginning of my hire did not happen. No training, benefits have not improved, and there has not been opportunity to advance much. Management has not been clear about recent company activities involving a harassment complaint filed with the equal opportunity commission, which has left me having to answer questions from outside agents that I don't feel I am qualified to answer without more information from the exec team. General feeling of secrecy from management team that is not appreciated.

Advice to Management

Keep your staff in the loop about what is going on between the company and the community and your former employees so that we can do our jobs more effectively.

"Very good firm. Owners are honest, hardworking and have all the right intentions"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Seattle, WA

Pros

It's a no bs place to work. straight, open communication. recruiting is not for everyone. it's hard work and you have to be smart and tenacious. LG gives you every chance to make as much money as you want. finally have a good model in place and a clear plan moving forward. Great guys who own the firm who actually generate a substantial amount of revenue vs. sitting in an office giving orders.

Cons

They've hired terrible people in the past that shouldn't be in this industry in the first place. Thank god all those people are gone. I'm not surprised by some of the comments because it's by former employees who were completely dishonest, horrible employees, or were scheming against management to rip them off and take trade secrets with them.

Management's plan has been seriously faulted in the past trying to make the leap from staff-aug to pure professional services and hired a guy who was an absolute bust. Came in talking big game but in the end it was all talk and zero production.

Owners are bag carrying, revenue generating guys so you don't get as much hands on attention, but they've added some additional staff to help out.

Advice to Management

Hopefully your worst hires are in the past. I almost left because of some of these folks. Keep on point and make the slow transition to professional services. You know every executive in town.