LG Electronics Reviews in Huntsville, AL | Glassdoor

2.5
LG Electronics Vice Chairman Bon-joon Koo
Bon-joon Koo

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good work life balance till now (in 41 reviews)

• The working environment is not bad (in 38 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance us little concern, sales team gets more milage (in 99 reviews)

• Hectic schedule with no work life balance (in 29 reviews)

1. "LG is tough but fair and offers a wealth of experience."

Current Employee - Lead Developer in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Lead Developer in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at LG Electronics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Potential for international travel. In my 2.5 years I've been to Paris, Valencia Spain, Seoul, Tokyo, and have two more trips planned to Toronto and Seoul again (headquarters).

Cons

KPIs can be difficult to meet, but performance is judged beyond just that. Some rules from HQ could be relaxed to give subsidiaries more freedom.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, I wouldn't know how to improve given the current structure.

"Do Not Work here if you do don't stay long"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

I worked at LG Electronics (More than 10 years)

Pros

benefits are great BCBS, vision, dental, life insurance

Cons

everything else This is a korean company and don't let anyone fool you. Your opinions don't matter if you are anyone other than a Korean.

Advice to Management

none because they won't listen - this is referring to Korean management

3. "Mixed Views"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

I worked at LG Electronics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lunch timeframe is reasonable.
    Insurance and benefits is exceptional.
    Good hard working employees
    Reasonable schedule and minimal over time.

Cons

No opportunity for advancement
    Upper management needs direction
    Language and culture barrier

Advice to Management

Find a real director. Advance and award real hard-working employees. Restructure incentives and bonuses to include everyone

4. "forklift driver"

I worked at LG Electronics (More than a year)

Pros

This job offers good hours

Cons

There is no help from management

Advice to Management

management should help when they can

5. "former employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, AL

I worked at LG Electronics (More than a year)

Pros

Very dynamic, fast paced, great insurance benefits.

Cons

Organization is too lean to make work/life balance.

6. "OK"

Former Employee - Planning Analyst in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Planning Analyst in Huntsville, AL

Pros

Good experience. Learned a lot

Cons

Not the best work environment.

7. "Product Analyst"

Former Employee - Quality Engineer - Product Analyst in Madison, AL
    Former Employee - Quality Engineer - Product Analyst in Madison, AL

I worked at LG Electronics (More than a year)

Pros

very good health insurance program

Cons

the worst management over all

Advice to Management

Do not understand the global management, very limited and narrow minded management

"Don't consider this place....you'll really regret it."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at LG Electronics full-time

Pros

Very good benefits. Good coworkers & friendships. Sadly, that's it.

Cons

Zero work-life balance. Don't believe their hype. They do not practice what they preach (for anything). If you are not Korean, you will not be treated fairly or even compensated the same. There is extreme favoritism among the Sr. Leadership, they only reward their favorites. They never reward or compensate people for actual hard work or talent, achieving or exceeding goals. There is zero career growth. All of the people with actual talent / skills either leave the company or stay only for the benefits & extremely low pay. They set up so many people to fail (with their personal & team KPI's). Raises are extremely low & not comparable to other companies (LG underpays!!). And the stress is more unbelievable than you could ever imagine. It severely affects people's health (negatively). This is the most depleted & destroyed morale has ever been in 10-15 yrs. It's an extremely toxic environment, it's all fear based & full of threats (indirect & direct).

Advice to Management

Sr. Leadership all needs to be replaced (Korean). They are not effective & have all destroyed the current morale (in all dept's). This is the worst LG has ever been.

"Good Ole Boy Network"

Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Huntsville, AL

I worked at LG Electronics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

there are some good people at this company, but they give the good people little to no power to promote other good people, leaving other people with little to no motivation. once you hit the glass ceiling, your next destination is out, only thing unclear is if your leaving voluntary, or involuntary. there are great benefits, and solid pay.

Cons

If your aren't Korean, or one of the Good Ole boys, moving up in this company is a fantasy. you'll be able to get a solid position, where they'll pretty much bury you, with little to no possibility to move up, There is a unspoken glass ceiling in this company, for women, non whites, and non Koreans.

"Culture shock, Extreme Work Load, With Constant "Policy" Changes"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

I worked at LG Electronics full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great Benefits, Interesting diverse colleagues, "some" very smart individuals who are willing to share their knowledge to help you grow, steady work, normal business hour shifts

Cons

I am conflicted here. There are many cons working with this company. Out of the nine plus years of employment, I was probably truly happy a total of one...Well, that's pushing it. Lets make that about six months. The reason for my conflicted thoughts is, I could of quit at any point, but I didn't. Instead, I was laid off. Reduction in force is just a part of life though, and was probably the best thing that happened to me at LG. After awhile, you start accepting the poor working environment LG has to offer. The first analogy that comes to mind is it's like a physically and mentally abusive relationship. If you stay long enough, you start to believe that all work environments are like this and that you cannot do better somewhere else. Most of management is Korean, bound to a Korean work culture, with minimal acceptance/tolerance to Americans. If you are not Korean, you are mostly likely viewed as dumb, lazy, worthless, and a waste of space. To be fair, there were a couple Korean colleagues that did not share this point of view. However, since most upper management did, "showing face" is something they could not and would not do. Meaning, don't count on them to go to bat for you. This was probably the most disappointing and frustrating experience through it all. There were some highly intellectual individuals that were not Korean, who were capable of bringing a tremendous amount of upside to the company, working diligently on a daily basis to do so. Ultimately, being shut down due to their culture. And the numbers, are you kidding me! The constant manipulation of data was incredible! Nothing was honest, nothing at all. This was the most unethical, cheating-encouraged/expected place of work ever experienced. It is actually amazing how this company still functions with all of the worthless, made-up data being used. This place truly tested my ethical beliefs and boundaries, putting me in uncomfortable and scrutinized situations . I can't say I would recommend this company to others. But, if you do, good luck. I wish you the best.

Advice to Management

If you are going to continue being an international company, which i'm sure you are, adapt to other cultures. And, grow a pair while at it. Do what you believe is best for the company as a whole, which includes utilizing the diverse personnel who bring so much to the table.