LG Hausys Reviews | Glassdoor

2.4
CEO
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Operator in Adairsville, GA
    Current Employee - Operator in Adairsville, GA

I have been working at LG Hausys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay and excellent benefits.
    Insurance is paid by employer for your whole family.
     Awesome opportunities for extra hours if that's what you need.
    Good opportunities to move up if you out hard work and dedication.

Cons

Sometimes the things that we have to deal with on a day to day basis are overlooked by the higher ups.

Advice to Management

Look more into each individual position and get feedback from every employee on how our jobs could be improved, and work towards improving those things for us.

"Product Manager"

Former Employee - Product Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at LG Hausys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great health insurance, decent pay.

Cons

Expect to work 10 to 14 hours a day if you are an exempt employee. They can and will call your personal cell phone at any time, even at 11PM and on weekends.

Advice to Management

This is the USA, we are free people, NOT Kim Jong Il's labor camps.

"Would be a great job if it wasnt for the "bosses""

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calhoun, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calhoun, GA

I worked at LG Hausys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

BENEFITS!!!! Company pays for health, vision, AND dental for you AND YOUR ENTIRE IMMEDIATE FAMILY!! also pays for additional, life insurance and such but only for employee.... Pay is decent

Cons

Management, Supervisors, Lead Persons... Whatever you want to call them. They are rude, disrespectful towards employees, on a constant "power high", couldn't care less about the employees. Talk down to employees as if they're dumb.. Considering all the crap you have to deal with, the pay should be significantly HIGHER!!! The mood gets SO much worse whenever the Koreans are on site, they are even worse than the "bosses", rude, disrespectful, act as if they are better than u, turn their nose up at you, speak to u as if you're dumb....

Advice to Management

GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE!!! you are no better than your employees! LIFE HAPPENS! ppl get sick, loved ones die, ppl have medical conditions, kids get sick, cars break down, ya get a flat... These things happen, they're a part of LIFE and 9 times outta 10 WE HAVE NO CONTROL OVER IT!!! When these things occur & work is missed, we should NOT be disciplined bc of it & DEFINITELY should not fired bc of them!!!!!

"Lot of Learning"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I worked at LG Hausys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lot of opportunities to learn and acquire knowledges.
    If you want to learn new things or try other duty related to your job, the company is very supportive and communicative.
    Great health / dental benefits

Cons

work-life balance.
    communication between each departments.
    Compensation

"HORRENDOUS place to work"

Former Employee - Lead Credit and Collections Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Lead Credit and Collections Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I worked at LG Hausys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Health Benefits. They paid 100% of the cost of the health insurance which was great. Not many companies do this anymore.
    -Brand Recognition
    -The company is interesting. It's definitely a step out of the norm if you've only worked for American companies. I considered the exposure to the Korean culture a positive (and a negative).

Cons

-Company is run like it is located in Korea. There is a hierarchy/caste system. Korean men are at the top, then (in descending order) white men, black men (which there were none of!), Korean women, white women, and lastly black women. They are EXTREMELY sexist and prejudiced against non-Koreans or Koreans who were mixed with anything and didn't speak perfect Korean. Women are NOT respected in this company at all. I was yelled at, not allowed to speak to upper management without being spoken to first and literally "bumped" when they passed my in a hall or isle (as in "move out of the way when a man is coming"). When we were taken out for dinner/drinks (you HAD to go), declining to drink was frowned upon (I'm not a drinker and I didn't like Soju) and they drank A LOT. We were taken to Korean businesses and they ignored the women and only responded to the men's requests.
    -There is no HR system to speak of. I mean, it's there, but good luck getting any resolution on issues you bring to them. There is also RETALIATION so, better not even bother going to HR.
    -The health benefits are great but the pay is below average and not in line with the amount of work you do.

Advice to Management

This business is located in the U.S.A. so you have to follow the rules and laws set forth for companies in the U.S. Treat people with respect. There is a lot of work and you have some very good people working for you. Treat them well. So many people there are run down and over worked and more and more is expected of them. Provide better compensation for your employees. You pay too little.

"Horrible Place to work!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

The benefits and incentives are good.

Cons

Hypocrisy, racism, bullying, Biased management, lack of HR Support. Unprofessional!

Advice to Management

Get a clue, this is NOT Korea! Get some American Management classes and keep the drinking to a minimum.

"Stay AWAY"

I worked at LG Hausys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are good - at par with many other companies.

Cons

Upper management only speaks in Korean, even when there are Americans in the meeting.
    Very political environment. Brown-nosing is a must to progress your career in this company.
    Very, very hierarchical. Korean managers refer to each other by Korean "military-style" rank titles.
    Expatriates sent from Korea receive special treatment.
    Daily chaos, "fire-drills", and frequently working after hours.
    Younger employees, expect to be yelled/screamed at and humiliated in front of other for your mistakes.

"From LG Chem to LG Hausys"

Former Employee - Sales in Peoria, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales in Peoria, AZ

I worked at LG Hausys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great branding and product recognition

Cons

Complete change in management style - American run to now Korean run.

"Screw this place"

Former Employee - Bag Dumper in Calhoun, GA
    Former Employee - Bag Dumper in Calhoun, GA

I worked at LG Hausys (Less than a year)

Pros

None I can think of

Cons

anytime I needed to talk to the supervisor I was told he'd be there in a few minutes which were actually hours later.
    not allowed to have my phone in case of emergencies and all the other employees are playing on there's all night, but when I respond to a family member about a death in the family I'm fired. no questions asked no verbal warning. NOTHING
    Crappy hours.
    talked to like you're not a human being by management.
    I could keep going but I think that's enough for now

"Very multi-national corporate culture"

Current Employee - Marketing in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at LG Hausys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

people are great to work with. When management from Korea is in town, the culture shifts.

Cons

There are many downsides to working here - there aren't many company events or things to keep employees engaged with a good work/life balance.