LG Mobile Phones Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
LG Mobile Phones President and CEO / Mobile Communications Company Jun-Ho Cho
Jun-Ho Cho

Pros
  • Which means you can broaden your perspective and learn a lot (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance is difficulty to reach (in 9 reviews)

• To many Upper Management changes and lack of trust from them (in 4 reviews)

1. "Where is my life?"

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Englewood Cliffs, NJ
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

I have been working at LG Mobile Phones full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You will work a lot with various experience in numerous fields.

Cons

Do not expect a work-life balance.

Advice to Management

Please try retain your current employees. Due to the high turnover ratio, quality of work never improves.

2. "Welcome to Pyongyang"

Former Contractor - Validation Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Former Contractor - Validation Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at LG Mobile Phones as a contractor

Pros

Handful of good co workers. Cafeteria food is interesting and actually quite good.

Cons

The level of bigotry against American workers is profound. From hateful Indian H1B managers and team leads to Bizarre Korean directors who try to replace skilled talent with Korean kids who can't even turn on a PC, the whole experience is just horrific. Airport style Metal detectors and people doing searches (go there if you don't believe me).

No perm positions for Americans so no benefits. In fact you can kill yourself going WAY above and beyond, but that will make them hate you that much more. Couple that with the fact that you're working 60+ hours per week (expected) including weekends, with no overtime pay, and that's just the beginning.

Don't be fooled by any "positive" reviews you read here. I can promise you they were written by Koreans (note the grammar - or lack thereof ) with a high level manager sitting right next to them. Do yourself a favor and stay FAR away from this horror show. It truly is like North Korea.

Advice to Management

Stop being prejudiced. Get rid of bigoted Indian Middle management. Stop treating workers like criminals.

"Don't"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Englewood Cliffs, NJ
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

I have been working at LG Mobile Phones (More than a year)

Pros

You get to work a significant amount of overtime and make however many hours you are willing to put in

Cons

The company does not care about your personal life. Company constantly asks to stay late hours and weekends, and even holidays at times. Work done at the company is reiterative and very inefficient. Company hierarchy is very strict as most upper management are ex-pats from Korea.
    Career growth is non-existent almost without a significant amount of time before a promotion.

"Such a chaos and lack of professionalism and respect"

Current Employee - Logistics Specialist in Englewood Cliffs, NJ
    Current Employee - Logistics Specialist in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

I have been working at LG Mobile Phones full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Unfortunately separated from this company before know any Pros.

Cons

The multi-national company does global business however they doesn't have appropriate mind and system.

Work environment ; Lack of respect , better to say insulting each others , full of gossip and mischief, Unfair treatment and evaluation

Professionalism ; Lack of process and logic,
    Miscommunication and Disconnection between management and staff, subsidiaries and HQ, and Koreans and non-Korean employees

Management;
    Unbalanced allocation of resource
    No leadership

I DO agree on the someone else's earlier comment 'wrong people in wrong jobs' at this page

Their process was such a chaos in my entire experience with this company
    Hopefully would be better in the future.

Advice to Management

Do study on your industry and benchmark others . Don't fear new idea , don't get threaten by new system and different perception. Don't compete internally and compete with your real rival out of the same organization.

"Life's NOT good at LG"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Pros

If you are a full time regular employee the benefits are pretty decent: Health, Dental, Gym, Phone reimbursement. They do provide free breakfast every Friday.

Cons

Everyone is overworked and stressed. They do not hire enough people to handle the workload. LG tends to hire temps for about a year at a time and use them until they either quit, or their term is up. This results in employees that don't know what they're doing, and dissatisfied employees at that.

I work in a department where half the employees are temps, and we know full well we will not be hired on. The workload is huge, exhausting, and management fails miserably at rewarding us for our hard work. Instead, we are micromanaged. My supervisor makes me outline daily what I've done, and how long each task took. Everything we do is logged, to the point that we spend 60% of our time logging what we did instead of actually doing our jobs.

I used to stay late daily, but stopped because it wasn't worth it. I've had two panic attacks and several migraines since starting at LG, and gained ten pounds from stress eating/drinking. My supervisor has caused me and my coworker both to break down crying in meetings. My coworker has been known to stay til 9pm and work on weekends, and doesn't even always put it on her timecard because management makes her feel guilty for not getting her work done in eight hours. This coworker will also be discarded once her one year term is up.

Another coworker, also a temp, was invited for an interview to become permanent in the company. HR then called him the day before the interview and cancelled it, saying he was no longer qualified because they decided he needed a degree, which he didn't have, to do the job he was already doing.

Based on what I've heard around the office, the only people that are happy here are the Koreans, because it is a Korea based company. The rest of us are forced to be excluded from conversations during company meals because they are speaking in Korean, and can't read half the emails sent.

I also have a supervisor who has repeatedly asked who I am dating the entire six months that I have been with the company. Not quite harassment, but uncomfortable nonetheless.

Overall, I'm very unhappy at LG and have requested that my temp agency move me... unfortunately by the time I get home after work I'm too exhausted and stressed to even think about trying to find a new job.

Advice to Management

Hire more employees and examine your managers--exactly how useful are they?

7. "Brand Manager"

I worked at LG Mobile Phones full-time

Pros

There are no reasons to work at a company that mistreats their employees.

Cons

Terrible management and culture. I would not recommend working in this company especially if you are female.

"Product specialist"

Former Employee - Product Specialist
    Former Employee - Product Specialist

I worked at LG Mobile Phones full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There was a time when there was freedom to manage your market and balance your quality of life, not so much anymore. The pay to work ratio is disappointing.

Cons

Pay for full time work is not enough to live in most major cities. Work is easy but the micro Management is hard to deal with.

Advice to Management

Raise the pay for better quality of work. Micromanagement is killing the morale. If you dont trust us to do the job, dont hire the people that you do.

9. "Many challenges"

Former Employee - Vice President in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Vice President in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at LG Mobile Phones full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Build good products, diversified company, brand has potential.

Cons

Horrible culture to work in, no trust of local staff and leadership. Process overwhelms any possibilities of creativity.