LGI Homes Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
LGI Homes CEO Eric Lipar
Eric Lipar

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great company culture and benefits (in 9 reviews)

• Great company with awesome benefits (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Working at LGI is the best decision I've ever made!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at LGI Homes full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

LGI is a haven for top performers. The company is full of top quality people in all roles, across the country. The CEO and COO know everyone by name and personally train all new sales people. Constant training and process improvement lead to ever improving results and opportunities. The growth of the company has been astronomical and very well managed. There is an amazing company culture that leadership is genuinely committed to. Best place I've ever worked hands down. Headhunters call me weekly and it's EASY to say that I'm not interested. It's easy to wake up and go to work every morning because I love my job and the people I work with and for. If you are genuinely ambitious and have an open mind, this is the place for you!

Cons

None. Having an open mind will be your key to success here. If you don't buy in to the culture, you will struggle. The culture is genuine and not superficial as mentioned in some other reviews on this site.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Great job being open to improvements and rewarding employees.

Oct 6, 2017 – LGI Homes

Wow, thank you for the fantastic review. We could not have said it better ourselves. We appreciate your loyalty, dedication, and enthusiasm about the business. That's like you! Thanks again and we... More

2. "Great Company"

I have been working at LGI Homes full-time

Pros

The people are fantastic. Upper Management is great, they really value their employees and make you feel important no matter what level in the organization. Growth oriented company with lots of opportunities.

Cons

Only one would be growth is so fast sometimes hard to keep up with hiring needs.

Oct 26, 2017 – LGI Homes

Thank you for the great review. We are happy to hear you are enjoying the fantastic people, management, and growth at LGI Homes. You are right - we are growing so quickly there are unlimited... More

3. "Office Manager"

Former Employee - Office Manager
    Former Employee - Office Manager

I worked at LGI Homes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing training program that is focused on helping you succeed. Follow up training and help attaining goals!

Cons

Need better supervision of onsite management.

Oct 26, 2017 – LGI Homes

Thank you for the review. We pride ourselves on training and developing all of our employees, so we are pleased to hear you are experiencing that! Here is to lots of success and great goal setting... More

"Good opportunity for some"

Former Employee - New Home Sales Consultant
    Former Employee - New Home Sales Consultant

I worked at LGI Homes full-time

Pros

mission of moving renters to owners
    rewards trips, lunches
    LGI Homes has a great product and outstanding local management in my market. You can make money in certain locations but be prepared to work very long hours especially on Saturday and Sunday.

Cons

hours, condescending treatment of lower level employees
    total control of sales staff in the office
    GI Homes has a great product and outstanding local management in my market. Upper management looks great and engaged on the surface but are really condescending disguised as politeness. Don't be fooled just because they know your name. The company is growing and doing very well so they are doing something right. If you are prepared to follow the "plan" with no deviation and play the game, this could be a great opportunity. If you like to be appreciated and your knowledge and experience and like to be creative, look elsewhere.
    The Culture is really like cross between a Cult and old fashioned mental fraternity hazing.

Advice to Management

embrace change, realize different markets and employees have different needs

"Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at LGI Homes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company is growing very quickly.

Cons

You have zero time off. Management basically intimidates you not to take time off.

Advice to Management

Look at your retention rate. Turnover is 90 %

Oct 13, 2017 – LGI Homes

Thank you for the review. We are glad that you are enjoying the rapid growth we are experiencing at LGI. We are disappointed to hear that you feel a lack of work/life balance. Vacation, holiday... More

"Unethical"

I have been working at LGI Homes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Several high level leaders are very knowledgeable, great trainers and are great at making you think they care about your success.

Cons

Unfortunately, once you're out of Houston these leaders lose visibility and don't seem to care about the work environment as long as the numbers are met.

So, it's really all lip service to what we call our "core values." The management team I work with lie, lack integrity and are unethical. They often create a story line to fit a narrative and are able to get away with it due to little oversight from the division president.

It's an mistrustful environment with very little teamwork.

Advice to Management

Engage all employees. Hear all sides before making decisions.

Oct 13, 2017 – LGI Homes

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Your feedback regarding management’s behavior is alarming, and certainly not a reflection of our company core values. We take your comments very... More

"Best company ever"

I have been working at LGI Homes full-time

Pros

Great people, vision, and leadership all around.

Cons

Growing fast - gotta keep up!

Oct 2, 2017 – LGI Homes

Thank you for the great review! We are happy to hear you are enjoying your time at LGI Homes. Keep up the positive attitude, and thanks for your belief and dedication!

8. "Very Happy to be here!"

Current Employee - Full Time in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Full Time in Houston, TX

I have been working at LGI Homes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

LGI Homes has truly been life changing. I had to go through the bad jobs to really appreciate how great LGI is. Everyday is exciting and keeps me on my toes.

Cons

None, I am very happy here

Advice to Management

Keep up the "Make me Feel Important" Atmosphere

Oct 2, 2017 – LGI Homes

Thank you for the review! We are so happy to hear that LGI has positively impacted your life. We truly value your hard work and dedication. Thank you for all you do!

9. "Fantastic opportunity"

I have been working at LGI Homes full-time

Pros

Six figure income, fantastic work family to work with, amazing company paid trips, constant employee recognition, fun work environment, you get two full days off during the week & a flexible weekday schedule. Once in a life time opportunity.

Cons

You will always work weekend if you are money motivated. Not a big deal to me as I've always worked weekends.

Advice to Management

None.

Oct 2, 2017 – LGI Homes

Thank you so much for the review. We agree - LGI is a work family and we are thrilled to have you as a part of it. Keep up the great work and positive attitude! Thanks again!

10. "Home sales"

I have been working at LGI Homes full-time

Pros

Great trips and Funn meetings

Cons

To much of a sales place. Hours 8:30 /8:00

Advice to Management

Good guys

Aug 11, 2017 – LGI Homes

Thanks for the review. We are so happy to here that you enjoy the training and Circle of Excellence trip here at LGI Homes. Keep up the great work - we appreciate your dedication!