LGI Homes Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
LGI Homes CEO Eric Lipar
Eric Lipar

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "This company is a true example of a great company to work for, & that is why they win every year in the DFW Area" (in 11 reviews)

• "Great company culture and benefits" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Their work hours are too long for any work/life balance" (in 7 reviews)

• "So I have to say, there are no cons" (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Working at LGI is the best decision I've ever made!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at LGI Homes full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

LGI is a haven for top performers. The company is full of top quality people in all roles, across the country. The CEO and COO know everyone by name and personally train all new sales people. Constant training and process improvement lead to ever improving results and opportunities. The growth of the company has been astronomical and very well managed. There is an amazing company culture that leadership is genuinely committed to. Best place I've ever worked hands down. Headhunters call me weekly and it's EASY to say that I'm not interested. It's easy to wake up and go to work every morning because I love my job and the people I work with and for. If you are genuinely ambitious and have an open mind, this is the place for you!

Cons

None. Having an open mind will be your key to success here. If you don't buy in to the culture, you will struggle. The culture is genuine and not superficial as mentioned in some other reviews on this site.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Great job being open to improvements and rewarding employees.

Oct 6, 2017 – LGI Homes

Wow, thank you for the fantastic review. We could not have said it better ourselves. We appreciate your loyalty, dedication, and enthusiasm about the business. That's like you! Thanks again and we... More

2. "Genuinely great people and place"

I have been working at LGI Homes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have loved my time at LGI and get to work with some truly amazing people who are genuinely some of the smartest and hardest working people Ive met. It’s refreshing to be surrounded by such goal-oriented individuals. LGI has been a very positive influence in my life and a game changer for me and my family.

Cons

Growing fast - gotta keep up the top results!

Advice to Management

Keep up the emphasis on goal setting, recognition and culture!

3. "Corporate Office"

Current Employee - Corporate Office in The Woodlands, TX
    Current Employee - Corporate Office in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at LGI Homes full-time

Pros

Great company with a culture that's truly lived out not just a board displayed in the office. I love that it's a people-focused company, and that the employees are valued. Lots of opportunity for growth as we are growing at a rapid pace.

Cons

Not much I'm very happy at this time.

4. "Life at LGI"

Current Employee - New Home Sales Consultant in Kyle, TX
    Current Employee - New Home Sales Consultant in Kyle, TX

I have been working at LGI Homes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay
    No Cold Calling
    Warm Leads
    Awesome Culture

Cons

To make great money you need to work every weekend

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

5. "Growing Company"

Current Employee - Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at LGI Homes full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Bonus, trips, culture, free lunch Thursday,

Cons

Hours, no personal life always on call

Advice to Management

Promote those who are doing it the LGI way and not those who are sociably liked

6. "Regional Office Manager"

I worked at LGI Homes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company culture. Rules and procedures are outlined. More than enough work for office managers/regional office managers; will not be bored.

Cons

Sales people focused. Not much recognition for non-sales positions. Not a family oriented company. Regional Office Manager salary does not adequately cover time worked.

7. "Amazing Company!!"

Current Employee - Purchasing Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Purchasing Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at LGI Homes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Accepting a position with LGI Homes is he best decision I have ever made. The company vales its employees. We have the best upper management and we only hire the best!!

Cons

NONE!! there are no cons to working for LGI Homes. There is nothing negative that i can say about working for LGI Homes.

May 31, 2018 – LGI Homes

Thanks for the great review! We are so happy that you feel you made a great decision - we agree! We look forward to a long and rewarding relationship. Keep up the fantastic attitude!

8. "Office Manager"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at LGI Homes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company itself, the way they have a process for everything & it works. Also they really listen to the employees themselves and uphold core values that most people should really have but struggle to uphold. They involve everyone no matter what position you're at in activities and every year treat employees to a dream trip which they call the circle of excellence! Plus even the CEO gets involved with training! This company is a true example of a great company to work for, & that is why they win every year in the DFW Area!

Cons

I would have to say wish I had a bigger desk! :)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing because we have an amazing management team for this area!

May 4, 2018 – LGI Homes

Thank you so much for the great review! We truly do pride ourselves on our core values and culture, so we are thrilled to read this. Keep up the great work and we are thankful for all you do!

9. "Toxic work environment and low morale!!"

Former Employee - Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at LGI Homes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

By far the best sales training I have received. The company does a good job ensuring everyone understands the sales process and that every sales rep is ready to take their first customer the LGI way. Yearly trips are great. Great relationships built with amazing and talented people throughout the real estate industry.

Cons

The senior management is very rude and belittles employees. Corporate leaders love to intimidate employees at their work locations and harbor an environment where everyone feels like they have to walk on eggshells. When they ask you how things are going, people are afraid to speak up and really be honest because they take offense and fire you. The company prides itself on never laying off any employees, yet the fire people left and right. It's a revolving door, something you should ask when interviewing. It seems like the only people that get promoted are liars and brown nosers. There is a lack of work life balance. This is not the job you want if you want to be home by dinner time. Not the job you want if you want to spend time with your kids and family. Not the job you want if you want to be treated with respect. The core values are just written and not followed by top management, they encourage a toxic environment. I can spend another 30 minutes writing more negatives. The negatives sure outweigh the positives.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees as you would like to be treated. Take a step back and really get to know your employees. Be genuine when you ask how everyone is going and actually fix problems versus being quick to fire people. Be real around your employees instead of going back to corporate talking about people. Please don't reply to this review, your HR replies are all the same lip service and no action!

"Corporate Employee"

I have been working at LGI Homes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A handful of very qualified, competent employees who are a pleasure to work with.

Cons

Witnessed utterly unprofessional and in some cases extremely inappropriate behavior. Upper management's negligence in addressing problem employees and middle managers cultivates a hostile work environment. Employee morale is low. Contrary to what some of the responses to these reviews would suggest, bringing issues to HR and upper management's attention proves pointless and in some cases detrimental to the complainant. Good ol' boys culture may lend itself to the field, but is not suitable for an office setting in a growing company.

Advice to Management

Should require a higher standard of conduct, especially of people you put in management positions. Actions are not reflective of your "core values".

May 4, 2018 – LGI Homes

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Your feedback is alarming and not feedback we typically hear. We urge you to take this conversation to HR once more as we do not tolerate any... More