KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of LGI Homes and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Sales

Sep 19, 2022 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Solid Company. Best company to work for.

Cons

There are no cons here.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Best company!!

May 12, 2022 - Vice President of Development in The Woodlands, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have had many different careers with many companies in my life and I have to say that LGI is the BEST COMPANY I have ever worked for and here is why... LGI is very loyal to it's employees I have been with the company for almost 20 years now. I have never been in trouble or written up and trust me when I say I have made plenty of mistakes in my tenure. Also, there is process and system for everything .It takes the guess work out of knowing what is expected of you. We have the most advanced training system in the industry. We have company culture that doesn't even compare to any company I have ever worked for. It is amazing that the CEO, President and Executives live the company culture and do not just talk about it like a lot of companies out there. LGI has a small company feeling with a large company portfolio. And if you have ever worked for a small company you know what I mean. Lastly, we get paid a lot. Oh, you work for it but it's worth it. This company gives to the top performers and it's worth over drop of sweat. If you are a top performer you can bet you will be recognized with a raise or promotion. Chuck Birt

Cons

I have no cons. Bckle up!

LGI Homes

Love the enthusiasm in this review! Your loyalty is truly appreciated - a true LGI Legend! Thank you so much.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great job

Sep 17, 2022 - Commercial Sales Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leads leads and leads! Great atmosphere

Cons

Not many to list a lot of time and red lines

4. 5.0

Great Pay

Sep 2, 2022 - Sales Executive in Palm Coast, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Open line work as much as you want. Competitive pay and good benifits. Awesome end of year events with a lot of rewards.

Cons

I didn’t join LGI Sooner.

5. 5.0

Still Hiring The Best!

Aug 12, 2022 - Construction Manager in Columbia, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

We Hire The Best and We Are People Focused! LGI Homes has never faltered on their commitments to me! Actually going above and beyond in every facet!

Cons

This has been the best company for whom I’ve ever worked. My CEO and I are on a first name basis. If you think that’s a Con, then you should look somewhere else.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Rewarding work/poor work life balance

Aug 16, 2022 - Sales Executive in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

It’s rewarding to help people get homes. Weekly training Monthly goal sessions

Cons

Poor work life balance. Don’t get two days off back to back. Work late hours. expected to be on call all the time. Work every weekend. Every 5th Sunday off but you are Made to feel bad if you take it depending on the manager. Underpaid vacation (should be an average of the employees pay the last 12mo)

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

It's a good starting point

Sep 8, 2022 - Sales Professional in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great money and great company

Cons

Management needs some more training

8. 5.0

10/10 life changing experience

Aug 10, 2022 - Sales Manager in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

No micromanaging, monthly goal sessions with direct manager, uncapped earning potential.

Cons

I can’t think of any

9. 5.0

Company culture

Jul 13, 2022 - Construction Manager in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Our core values and company culture is what makes us LGI. We are people focused, and being appreciated is what keeps me coming back everyday.

Cons

We don’t have much. There are too many positives to focus on we don’t typically see or acknowledge any cons.

LGI Homes

We couldn't have said it better ourselves! We are lucky to have you on board.

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Would not recommend working here if you value your personal life.

Jul 21, 2022 -  in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

I cannot think of any Pros

Cons

Terrible company to work for. They expect their employees to dedicate their entire lives to the company. Upper management likes to tell a story about "sacrifice". The story is about a senior manager who missed his son's appearance in the Little League World Series so that he could attend a national management retreat. They actually want you to believe that "sacrificing" a once in a lifetime opportunity with your child so you can attend an quarterly work function is an admirable quality. I knew immediately after hearing management brag about that story that this company was not for me.

LGI Homes

Thanks for the review. We understand this sentiment and remember that specific call - but sacrificing family time is certainly not the message. This was simply recognizing a very hard-working, loyal employee who had a few instances in their 15 year tenure that may have been challenging - and those moments did not go unnoticed by management. Therefore - highlighted and praised with gratitude. We truly appreciate every employee and know how much they contribute to our success - through the good times and the more challenging ones. We are nothing with out our incredible people! Our loyal employees are the difference at LGI Homes.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 283 Reviews

LGI Homes Reviews FAQs

LGI Homes has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 298 reviews left anonymously by employees. 91% of employees would recommend working at LGI Homes to a friend and 83% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, LGI Homes employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at LGI Homes. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

91% of LGI Homes employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated LGI Homes 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at LGI Homes to be benefits, senior leadership, career development and the cons to be work life balance, management.

Popular Careers with LGI Homes Job Seekers