LGI Homes Reviews

Updated Aug 11, 2020

4.3
LGI Homes CEO Eric Lipar
Eric Lipar
Pros
  • "People-focused culture - We love to recognize our employees(in 19 reviews)

• "This is a great company to work for hands down(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are no cons in my position(in 19 reviews)

• "Home sales is a business you have to adapt to the schedule to have work life balance(in 10 reviews)

1. "Best company to work for"

Current Employee - New Home Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at LGI Homes full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Income potential, core values, system based, direct communication from CEO and COO

Cons

Extended hours especially on weekends

2. "LGI"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at LGI Homes full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great opportunity with infinite income possibilities. Great structure with management.

Cons

No cons at this time.

3. COVID-19

"Best Home Builder to Work For"

Current Employee - Business Intelligence Analyst in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at LGI Homes full-time for more than a year

Pros

People Focused and a great culture. I really feel like everyone is a family here, and management has kept us very informed and reassured during the pandemic. I could not think of a better place to work!

Cons

Some days are slower than I would like

June 17, 2020LGI Homes

Thanks so much for the review! We agree - management has done a great job during the Pandemic with communication and keeping everyone in the loop. Being people - focused is something we truly pride ourselves on. We are happy to have you on board!

4. "No work-life balance! F DT ont drink the kool-aid!"

1.0
    Former Employee - Sales Counselor

I worked at LGI Homes full-time

Pros

None except stock value increasing

Cons

60-80 hours per week No family life Boiler room atmosphere

June 30, 2020LGI Homes

Thanks for the review. It is no secret that a sales role with LGI Homes puts in the hours. Those that put in that hard work and commitment are able to reap rewards and find unprecedented levels of success in their careers. Best of luck.

"CULTutre"

Former Employee - Office Manager

I worked at LGI Homes full-time for less than a year

Pros

Its a large company and the opportunity to transfer is available. The company likes to reward loyalty by providing all expenses paid vacations to employees that meet the 5 year mark. There lots of snacks and depending on your sales manager you get free lunch everyday and always on Thursdays. Weekly team meetings.

Cons

Very cult like. There are certain words you cannot say such as "try". Somehow everyone adopts a southern accent (not a real con but just strange). The Office Manager position is basically a glorified receptionist and also one of the only positions that have normal 8:30 - 5pm m-f schedule. The managers and VPs blatantly talked poorly about the Sales Team and anyone that left the company was said to be "dead to everyone". If you are working in anything other than sales then you get the bottom end of the stick. There is a clear hierarchy and the Office Manager is at the bottom. Mileage reimbursement is far below than the national average. Pay is not based on merit but rather how long you have worked with the company. There is not enough work to get through the week. I would only have real work on Mondays and whenever there was a closing. Aside from that then I was surfing the web.

June 17, 2020LGI Homes

Thanks for the review. We are sorry to hear that the LGI Homes culture was not a fit for you. We wish you all the best and thank you for all the work you put in when you were here! Best of luck.

6. "Love the Company"

Current Employee - Office Manager

I have been working at LGI Homes full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great culture, core values and structure. The Company gives every employee the training and tools they need to be successful in their position with the opportunity to advance. Corporate Leadership does a great job to communicate on a weekly basis updates pertaining to the past, present and future outlook of the Company.

Cons

Company can be too lenient on under-performing employees.

June 17, 2020LGI Homes

Thank you so much for the review and for your loyalty to the company! The company outlook is bright, and we are lucky to have you on board!

7. "Best training I've been too."

Current Employee - New Home Sales Consultant

I have been working at LGI Homes full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company to work for. Nice commission structure and world class process.

Cons

Office closes at 8pm/ 7days a week.

March 31, 2020LGI Homes

Thanks for the review! So glad to hear you enjoyed our fantastic training process. We pride ourselves on our world-class training and are proud to invest so heavily in our employees! Keep it up!

8. "Happy Employee"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at LGI Homes full-time for less than a year

Pros

Healthy working environment and awesome training.

Cons

You will gain weight working here!

March 2, 2020LGI Homes

Thank you for the review! We chuckled reading your con - we agree that there are an abundance of snacks and drinks available at our offices. Keep up the great work and enjoy the perks!

9. "Mentally exhausting sales process with potential"

Former Employee - New Home Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at LGI Homes full-time for more than a year

Pros

Income potential is there if self motivated, without family, and live in the office.

Cons

It's an exhausting grind, with so many ways to not get paid. Be careful not to overstay employment, you will go broke.

March 31, 2020LGI Homes

Thanks for the review. It is no secret that a sales role with LGI Homes puts in the hours. Those that put in that hard work and commitment are able to reap rewards and find unprecedented levels of success in their careers. Thanks for the time spent with us, we wish you all the best on your next endeavor!

"The best of the best!"

Current Employee - New Home Sales Consultant in Nashville, TN

I have been working at LGI Homes full-time for less than a year

Pros

I just completed two weeks of intensive training in Texas. This company sticks to its core values and makes sure that it’s employees not only gives customer service but top level customer service.

Cons

If you don’t like to stick to a routine and follow along with a process this is not the company for you.

March 2, 2020LGI Homes

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the training here at World Headquarters. It's so important to us that employees get off to a fast start. We can't wait to see all of your success that is to come!

Found 167 reviews