LGI Homes Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
LGI Homes CEO Eric Lipar
Eric Lipar

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "This company is a true example of a great company to work for, & that is why they win every year in the DFW Area" (in 11 reviews)

• "Great company culture and benefits" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Their work hours are too long for any work/life balance" (in 7 reviews)

• "So I have to say, there are no cons" (in 6 reviews)

"A place for growth - personally and professionally!"

I have been working at LGI Homes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked for LGI Homes for three years. Starting with a comprehensive interview process that allowed me to learn so much about the company before “doing business” with them, to where I am today operating at peak efficiency in my role, I am still just as excited to be working here as I was when I signed on the dotted line.

LGI Homes takes all the necessary steps during the interview process to provide candidates with a clear picture of what it is like to work here – the interview consists of three parts, with one of the interviews dedicated entirely to ‘shadowing’ the position. They invest so much in training their employees, so it makes sense that they would want to be transparent about what the job will entail. Everything I was told on day 1 three years ago about the company and the opportunity is true today, except now we have expanded into even more states and moved in 26,000 families vs. the 13,000 moved in when I first came on board.

Everyone likes to talk about culture, but it’s not something to be misunderstood as filler comments for why it’s great to work here. We have six core values and a defined culture here at LGI that serves as the foundation for all decisions we make, which allows us to be consistent as we grow. The culture, core values, and processes are enforced from the top down with the CEO and COO at the helm of a very well-run ship, and trainings/retreats/boot camps for management allow for best practices to be passed down to all employees. The President and CEO are relentless in the training we offer new and existing employees, and are very in tune with what is happening in the field. That is because they dedicate their time to conducting sales trainings each quarter, and provide other training opportunities across the nation year-round. They define what it means to be people-focused. We have an LGI Way that serves to enforce the We, Us, Together culture, and I’ll say that while it was very different from other companies I have experience with, LGI has provided the most positive, productive, and fun work environment.

I see reviews on here that talk about “having to drink the Koolaid”, but I’m compelled to say that just like with anything else in life, your career at LGI is what you make it. What you put in is what you will get out of working here, and if they want to complain about leadership wanting everyone engaged in the business and to be excited to be striving towards the same goal, then they probably won’t be satisfied anywhere. Who wants to show up to work every day and not be challenged? Who wants to show up every day just to be content with being disinterested in their own career? LGI is a place for people who want to be on fire for their career, and who can rise to the occasion to accomplish their goals while following the processes that have proven success. I would rather work for a company that gives me something to believe in and to get excited about when I wake up each day, with a process and set expectations in my role, rather than show up at an office to crank out meaningless work.

Working here has changed my life professionally as well as personally. I feel valued here, and I am grateful for the positive change I've experienced in this environment. I am happy to work for a company that gets me excited about the future!

Cons

No cons to share, I truly believe this is a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Continue to hold middle- management accountable. That is where the difference is made to your employees - their managers directly impact their experience working here. Continue training and setting the clear expectations starting at the top so that all employees at corporate and in the field can be set up for success, be enabled to to their job well, and have a consistent experience.

I believe the discrepancy between what is discussed during training and what is executed in the day to day by the managers responsible for taking that knowledge back to the field can be a training opportunity for us. Continue to keep everyone on track and excited about what we will achieve together!

2. "Corporate Employee"

Current Employee - Corporate Employee in The Woodlands, TX
    Current Employee - Corporate Employee in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at LGI Homes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We have a defined culture that isn't just talked about but you can feel it. We are people focused and goal oriented. I enjoy sitting down with my manager once a month to discuss my personal and professional goals. I feel that my manager truly cares about my success here at LGI!

Cons

None. LGI is unlike any other company that I have worked at before and I am excited to see what the future holds!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing because LGI is a great place to work! We all come to work with a common goal in mind and I can't wait for the day we are a top 5 builder!

Sep 5, 2018 – LGI Homes

Wow - thank you so much for the great review. We are so happy to have you on board helping us reach that goal of becoming a Top 5 Builder. Keep up the positive attitude, and thanks for all you do!

"A Company that Values our Employees"

Current Employee - Office Manager
    Current Employee - Office Manager

I have been working at LGI Homes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you like to be acknowledged, rewarded, growth opportunity..no better place to work. LGI is a very positive place to work. I love my job, and look forward to growth within.

Cons

As an office manager going to the Mountain is not as Frequent as other LGI Employees. And that is important for the Office Managers to go, so we are exactly like our culture...we, us, together.
    Also, unless the company hits all of our annual goals, there is no way for office Manager to get bonuses. Yet, everyone else in the sales center receives bonuses including Construction Managers. Construction Managers could not get the homes done in time without OM's working so closely with construction Manager on the permitting.

Advice to Management

Think about extra bonuses for office managers, throughout the year. Like the rest of the team receive.

Aug 28, 2018 – LGI Homes

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review and for the feedback you provided! Thrilled to hear you feel acknowledged and rewarded. We appreciate the feedback and thank you for all the hard work.

4. "Accountant"

I have been working at LGI Homes full-time

Pros

Coworkers are great to work with

Cons

Hard to make any changes

Aug 28, 2018 – LGI Homes

Thanks for leaving us a review. Constant and Never-ending Improvement is part of our culture, so we constantly strive to get better. Thanks again!

5. "Genuinely great people and place"

I have been working at LGI Homes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have loved my time at LGI and get to work with some truly amazing people who are genuinely some of the smartest and hardest working people Ive met. It’s refreshing to be surrounded by such goal-oriented individuals. LGI has been a very positive influence in my life and a game changer for me and my family.

Cons

Growing fast - gotta keep up the top results!

Advice to Management

Keep up the emphasis on goal setting, recognition and culture!

Aug 28, 2018 – LGI Homes

Thanks for the fantastic review! We couldn't have said it better ourselves - LGI is the vehicle to achieve any goal you may strive for. Keep up the positive attitude!

6. "Corporate Office"

Current Employee - Corporate Office in The Woodlands, TX
    Current Employee - Corporate Office in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at LGI Homes full-time

Pros

Great company with a culture that's truly lived out not just a board displayed in the office. I love that it's a people-focused company, and that the employees are valued. Lots of opportunity for growth as we are growing at a rapid pace.

Cons

Not much I'm very happy at this time.

Aug 28, 2018 – LGI Homes

Thanks for leaving us this review! It is wonderful to hear that you feel valued. We are proud of our culture and believe it is truly what makes LGI Homes a unique place to work. Thanks again!

7. "Life at LGI"

Current Employee - New Home Sales Consultant in Kyle, TX
    Current Employee - New Home Sales Consultant in Kyle, TX

I have been working at LGI Homes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay
    No Cold Calling
    Warm Leads
    Awesome Culture

Cons

To make great money you need to work every weekend

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

Aug 28, 2018 – LGI Homes

Thanks for the positive review! We appreciate all of your hard work on the weekends, and are so happy to hear you enjoy the great pay and culture. Keep it up!

"Regional Office Manager"

I worked at LGI Homes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company culture. Rules and procedures are outlined. More than enough work for office managers/regional office managers; will not be bored.

Cons

Sales people focused. Not much recognition for non-sales positions. Not a family oriented company. Regional Office Manager salary does not adequately cover time worked.

Aug 28, 2018 – LGI Homes

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoy our company culture and systems-based approach. It is disappointing to hear that you felt this way about recognition opportunities... More

9. "Growing Company"

Current Employee - Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at LGI Homes full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Bonus, trips, culture, free lunch Thursday,

Cons

Hours, no personal life always on call

Advice to Management

Promote those who are doing it the LGI way and not those who are sociably liked

Sep 5, 2018 – LGI Homes

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoy the recognition opportunities and culture. We value your hard work on the weekends, and appreciate the hours... More

"Construction Manager"

I have been working at LGI Homes (Less than a year)

Pros

I made it out alive and you can too.

Cons

Hostile work environment. Their motto is "it doesn't matter if we build houses or helicopters we will sell them." They don't put door bells in their houses, they value engineer their slabs and inject the soil, no plaster coat, no top soil under the sod, only one RG6 homerun to the house, cheap product all around. You are a fool if you work for these people and a complete idiot if you buy from them. They will be either sued, bankrupt, or bought out by a company that knows how to run a business within five years. Sell your shares now!

Advice to Management

There is no "suggestion box" at LGI!!

Aug 28, 2018 – LGI Homes

We pride ourselves on quality and integrity, so your feedback is something we take seriously. That motto is certainly not a reflection of our company, nor is it in any way the LGI Way. Our... More