LGI Homes Reviews | Glassdoor

LGI Homes CEO Eric Lipar
Eric Lipar

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Their work hours are too long for any work/life balance (in 6 reviews)

• So I have to say, there are no cons (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Working at LGI is the best decision I've ever made!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at LGI Homes full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

LGI is a haven for top performers. The company is full of top quality people in all roles, across the country. The CEO and COO know everyone by name and personally train all new sales people. Constant training and process improvement lead to ever improving results and opportunities. The growth of the company has been astronomical and very well managed. There is an amazing company culture that leadership is genuinely committed to. Best place I've ever worked hands down. Headhunters call me weekly and it's EASY to say that I'm not interested. It's easy to wake up and go to work every morning because I love my job and the people I work with and for. If you are genuinely ambitious and have an open mind, this is the place for you!

Cons

None. Having an open mind will be your key to success here. If you don't buy in to the culture, you will struggle. The culture is genuine and not superficial as mentioned in some other reviews on this site.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Great job being open to improvements and rewarding employees.

Oct 6, 2017 – LGI Homes

Wow, thank you for the fantastic review. We could not have said it better ourselves. We appreciate your loyalty, dedication, and enthusiasm about the business. That's like you! Thanks again and we... More

"Eternally Grateful for this Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Vice President of Sales in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Vice President of Sales in Orlando, FL

I have been working at LGI Homes full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

In the nearly 11 years I have been part of this dynamic organization, my expectations have consistently been exceeded by the execution of our growth strategy, the simplicity of The Most Powerful Sales System in The World, the insight and belief from upper level leadership and every bullet point of our Culture. The fact that we are able to help our employees reach their goals is one of the best feelings that we get as leaders at LGI. Watching an individual from our particular region sign their name to close out The Nasdaq Stock Exchange was an unforgettable experience That has become a highlight of this career as a leader with LGI. This is made much more simple by having true leaders at the top that paved the way and created a process for management and for sales that is bulletproof. We get to help families reach their dream of ownership which is truly a gift! The emphasis on our core values is genuine and always makes me feel like I’m working with the right company because every decision is made with our values in mind. We get to work with incredible people with loads of talent and it is a never ending focus to grow through our goals. The goals I have personally reached are beyond my wildest dreams from a decade ago. LGI Homes made this possible and I strongly believe that there is no better place on the planet for me to call home, and for all of these reasons, I am eternally grateful!

Cons

There was a time that I would have said that work life balance was a challenge but I have found a way to be more effective with the time I have and if we do things correctly it’s not hard to get time off. The biggest blessing is that when you’re off, you have peace of mind that you’re with The best company ever! For those in sales you also have no shortage of money so that you can do whatever you want, whenever you want. So I have to say, there are no cons!

Advice to Management

Thank you so much for placing confidence in me, I will continue to focus on the mission! You rock and so do I!

Jan 26, 2018 – LGI Homes

Thank you for the fantastic review. We are so fortunate to have you as part of the team and look forward to many more years of growth and success. Thank you for all you do!

"Corporate Employee"

I have been working at LGI Homes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A handful of very qualified, competent employees who are a pleasure to work with.

Cons

Witnessed utterly unprofessional and in some cases extremely inappropriate behavior. Upper management's negligence in addressing problem employees and middle managers cultivates a hostile work environment. Employee morale is low. Contrary to what some of the responses to these reviews would suggest, bringing issues to HR and upper management's attention proves pointless and in some cases detrimental to the complainant. Good ol' boys culture may lend itself to the field, but is not suitable for an office setting in a growing company.

Advice to Management

Should require a higher standard of conduct, especially of people you put in management positions. Actions are not reflective of your "core values".

"New Home SALES"

I have been working at LGI Homes full-time

Pros

Their sales process sells homes quickly

Cons

Their work hours are too long for any work/life balance

Advice to Management

Be more aware of allowing time off when needed to keep employee happy and refreshed.

Jan 26, 2018 – LGI Homes

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are pleased to hear that you are enjoying the best sales system in the world. We are also people-focused and committed to keeping our employees... More

5. "Great Company"

I have been working at LGI Homes full-time

Pros

The people are fantastic. Upper Management is great, they really value their employees and make you feel important no matter what level in the organization. Growth oriented company with lots of opportunities.

Cons

Only one would be growth is so fast sometimes hard to keep up with hiring needs.

Oct 26, 2017 – LGI Homes

Thank you for the great review. We are happy to hear you are enjoying the fantastic people, management, and growth at LGI Homes. You are right - we are growing so quickly there are unlimited... More

"Good opportunity for some"

Former Employee - New Home Sales Consultant
    Former Employee - New Home Sales Consultant

I worked at LGI Homes full-time

Pros

mission of moving renters to owners
    rewards trips, lunches
    LGI Homes has a great product and outstanding local management in my market. You can make money in certain locations but be prepared to work very long hours especially on Saturday and Sunday.

Cons

hours, condescending treatment of lower level employees
    total control of sales staff in the office
    GI Homes has a great product and outstanding local management in my market. Upper management looks great and engaged on the surface but are really condescending disguised as politeness. Don't be fooled just because they know your name. The company is growing and doing very well so they are doing something right. If you are prepared to follow the "plan" with no deviation and play the game, this could be a great opportunity. If you like to be appreciated and your knowledge and experience and like to be creative, look elsewhere.
    The Culture is really like cross between a Cult and old fashioned mental fraternity hazing.

Advice to Management

embrace change, realize different markets and employees have different needs

Feb 16, 2018 – LGI Homes

Thank you for the review. We are pleased to hear that you feel your local management is fantastic ! We are a people-focused culture, and believe that "if an employee fails, it is the manager's... More

7. "Office Manager"

Former Employee - Office Manager
    Former Employee - Office Manager

I worked at LGI Homes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing training program that is focused on helping you succeed. Follow up training and help attaining goals!

Cons

Need better supervision of onsite management.

Oct 26, 2017 – LGI Homes

Thank you for the review. We pride ourselves on training and developing all of our employees, so we are pleased to hear you are experiencing that! Here is to lots of success and great goal setting... More

"Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at LGI Homes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company is growing very quickly.

Cons

You have zero time off. Management basically intimidates you not to take time off.

Advice to Management

Look at your retention rate. Turnover is 90 %

Oct 13, 2017 – LGI Homes

Thank you for the review. We are glad that you are enjoying the rapid growth we are experiencing at LGI. We are disappointed to hear that you feel a lack of work/life balance. Vacation, holiday... More

"Unethical"

I have been working at LGI Homes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Several high level leaders are very knowledgeable, great trainers and are great at making you think they care about your success.

Cons

Unfortunately, once you're out of Houston these leaders lose visibility and don't seem to care about the work environment as long as the numbers are met.

So, it's really all lip service to what we call our "core values." The management team I work with lie, lack integrity and are unethical. They often create a story line to fit a narrative and are able to get away with it due to little oversight from the division president.

It's an mistrustful environment with very little teamwork.

Advice to Management

Engage all employees. Hear all sides before making decisions.

Oct 13, 2017 – LGI Homes

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Your feedback regarding management’s behavior is alarming, and certainly not a reflection of our company core values. We take your comments very... More

"Best company ever"

I have been working at LGI Homes full-time

Pros

Great people, vision, and leadership all around.

Cons

Growing fast - gotta keep up!

Oct 2, 2017 – LGI Homes

Thank you for the great review! We are happy to hear you are enjoying your time at LGI Homes. Keep up the positive attitude, and thanks for your belief and dedication!