LGI Homes Reviews | Glassdoor

LGI Homes CEO Eric Lipar
Eric Lipar

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Home sales is a business you have to adapt to the schedule to have work life balance" (in 10 reviews)

• "There are no cons in my position" (in 14 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Opportunity of a Lifetime"

Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in The Woodlands, TX
    Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at LGI Homes full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been working with the company for 22 years. I started at the very beginning of LGI Homes in 2003, and have seen us grow from one community in Conroe, Texas to communities across 17 states and 28 markets.

There are a few major reasons I am proud to work for LGI Homes:

1) Unlimited opportunity for growth - Based on our goal of becoming a Top 5 builder, we are going to need to hire top talent and create leadership positions along the way. The opportunity to grow with us is endless. Promoting from within is always preferred.

2) Commitment to sales excellence - One of my favorite days of the year is talking to the sales training class on their first day. I believe LGI Homes is the ultimate opportunity for a sales professional. Here you can enjoy paid training and uncapped earnings through the highest commissions in the industry and an aggressive bonus structure. We know that salespeople are the most important people in the company and invest heavily in them. We provide all the leads and inventory needed to earn a six figure income and beyond.

3) People-focused culture - We love to recognize our employees. Whether it's our Circle of Excellence trip each year, or taking employees to the NASDAQ Closing Bell Ceremony, we are always looking for ways to recognize our top performers. We also formally recognize loyalty every 5 years to make sure all of our employees feel valued. We have never laid off an employee, and are committed to our people and their growth.

Cons

Working for LGI Homes requires a lot of hard work. Sales in particular does require weekend and evening work. However, those employees who do work the extra hours, buy in to our culture, and follow the LGI way will reach an unprecedented level of success.

Advice to Management

Stick to the process, stick to the LGI way, and remember what has gotten us here. Don't let our growth impact the culture and high standards we set each day.

Feb 4, 2019 – LGI Homes

How wonderful to see a review from our fearless leader! We appreciate all you do to support your employees and their goals. Thank you!

2. "Office Manager Interview"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at LGI Homes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture, great benefits, goal oriented, stability.

Cons

No cons in my opinion!

Mar 21, 2019 – LGI Homes

Thank you for leaving us a great review, we are happy to have you on board with us!

"Amazing Company and Awesome experience"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at LGI Homes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can only say good things about LGI Homes. Every experience from the initial interview, to the on boarding process was nothing short of awesome. I have never worked anywhere where the people are genuine and kind. Everyone is so helpful and thoughtful. It is truly enjoyable to come to the office everyday.

Cons

I wish I would have applied sooner.

Mar 21, 2019 – LGI Homes

Thanks for this stellar review! We agree - it's a great decision to get here as fast as you can!

4. "Great culture, great people and great leadership"

Former Employee - New Home Sales Consultant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - New Home Sales Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at LGI Homes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great training, great culture, based on constant and never ending improvement. Great incentives. The people you get to meet and work with are amazing!

Cons

There is No suggestion box

Advice to Management

Always ask yourself what would Mike Snider do?

5. "Great company!"

Current Employee - New Home Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - New Home Sales Consultant

I have been working at LGI Homes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Love lgi. Really believe in the mission and ability to help first time homebuyers

Cons

Long hours, sometimes the work can get tedious

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

Mar 4, 2019 – LGI Homes

Thanks for the review! Keep up the great work. We appreciate your hours of dedication!

"Im Retiring with this Company"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at LGI Homes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

LGI is a great company to work for. If you are a hard worker and like to make great money and be rewarded then this is the company for you. This company has changed my familys life. You get payed per sale and there is no capp on how much you can make. In fact they reward you with bonuses. I have 6 kids and the hours don't bother me because I know when I'm off of work I'm providing a life I dreamed about for my kids. If you have a chance to work for a company like LGI don't pass it up as its truly a once in a life time opportunity.

Does your CEO send you a birthday card every year? Mine does
    Does your CEO send you on a trip for a week for fulfilling your job? Mine does
    Does Your CEO know your name when you walk into a room? Yes mine does
    Does YOUR CEO invite you and your whole training class to his house for dinner? Yes that is right mine does!!

I am blessed and happy I found this company. Toast to many years to come.

Cons

You have to work hard as they only hire the best. We are all Rhinos if your not then this is not for you.

Advice to Management

Follow the LGI Process, Smile and always ask your manager.

Feb 28, 2019 – LGI Homes

Wow! Thank you for the fantastic review! You are right - LGI is definitely a people focused company and that starts from the top. Thank you for your dedication and hard work!

7. "Great Place to Work - You can Achieve Whatever You are Willing to Work for!"

Current Employee - Sales in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Houston, TX

I have been working at LGI Homes full-time

Pros

If you are wanting to find the best you and achieve some financial goals, look no farther... LGI Homes is the place!

Cons

Advice to Management

Genuinely care about direct reports goals as a means to accomplish your goals.

Feb 8, 2019 – LGI Homes

Hi there - thanks for leaving us a review! Sales at LGI is certainly a place to reach all of your financial goals... and become the best version of you. We appreciate you!

8. "A game-changing opportunity!"

Current Employee - Purchasing Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Purchasing Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at LGI Homes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

LGI Home is focused on their people, which means training, growth, development, results and ultimately success!

Cons

That I didn't start earlier with the company.

Feb 4, 2019 – LGI Homes

Thank you for the review! We agree - we should have gotten here as fast as we could. Keep up the positive attitude!

9. "I’m going to retire here"

Current Employee - Vice President Construction in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Vice President Construction in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at LGI Homes full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The biggest pro at LGI is OPPORTUNITY. You can accomplish any goal you set your mind to because the growth is unparalleled. Growth creates opportunity and people who take advantage of these opportunities by working hard and getting results will find themselves handsomely rewarded whether it be in sales or construction. Dive in to the culture, work hard, and success will find you.

Cons

There will be sacrifices made by the most successful to achieve their goals. This is not a place for lazy people.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Stay the course.

Feb 4, 2019 – LGI Homes

Thank you so much for your dedication and hard work. The opportunities will keep coming your way as we grow. We appreciate all of your sacrifices and look forward to a rewarding future!

10. "Best Decision I Ever Made"

Current Employee - Area Construction Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Area Construction Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at LGI Homes full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Coming to work for LGI Homes has been the best decision I ever made. When I first was told of the opportunity to come work for LGI I was skeptical. The housing industry was still recovering from the recession and the idea of a company not participating in a downturn sounded too good to be true. I can tell you right now that this company is everything that you could wish for and more. If you come in and dive into the system and processes that we have in place LGI will take you anywhere you want to go in your career. There are numerous examples to follow and show you just how successful that you can be while here.

Cons

I won't lie this is a demanding company and sometimes there are sacrifices that have to be made but if you are willing to put in the work you will be greatly rewarded in the end.

Feb 4, 2019 – LGI Homes

Hearing that coming to LGI Homes was the best decision of your life is a huge compliment. We are proud to have you as part of the family. Thank you!