LGS Innovations Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
LGS Innovations CEO Kevin L. Kelly
Kevin L. Kelly

Pros
Cons
  • First, having a security clearance is a special kind of grief (in 3 reviews)

• I honestly can not really think of any (in 2 reviews)

1. "Make a difference in the world"

Current Employee - Director in Westminster, CO
    Current Employee - Director in Westminster, CO

I have been working at LGS Innovations full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Challenging and interesting work with extremely competent teammates that are aligned in a common vision. This place is amazing! I have been there over 10 years and it just gets better and better. I especially like being a privately held company. Kevin Kelly, CEO, is by far the best CEO I have ever worked for. He is bright, talented and committed and leads the company to be the same, everyday!

Cons

Every company could be better some how, but there is nothing major to improve on here!

Feb 14, 2017 – Marketing

We couldn't make a difference in the world without our smart, talented, hard working employees! Thank you for your hard work!

2. "Awesome Company"

Current Employee - Colorado in Westminster, CO
    Current Employee - Colorado in Westminster, CO

I have been working at LGS Innovations full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work, good benefits, awesome management. I started as an intern and stayed on full time after graduation because of the great people i get to work with.

Cons

I honestly can not really think of any. It would be nice if they had some sort of bonus program, but with their competitive salaries i really cant complain.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, and even though we are growing, try to keep the small company start up feel and atnosphere.

Jan 11, 2017 – Marketing

Thanks for taking the time to review your experience with LGS! We love our interns, and are glad that you stayed on full time after graduation. Good point about maintaining the small company feel ... More

3. "Overall, a good place to work"

Former Employee - Software Development Engineer in Lisle, IL
    Former Employee - Software Development Engineer in Lisle, IL

I worked at LGS Innovations full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall, good group of experienced talent. Very knowledgeable engineers with a desire to create top notch quality. Good benefits and vacation time.

Cons

Schedules and work loads are hard to control. At times, work/life balance can get out of hand. No work-from-home capability.

Jan 11, 2017 – Marketing

Your honest review is greatly appreciated! Our people are our most important asset, and we agree that they are talented, knowledgeable, and top notch. With the innovative work we do, schedules and ... More

5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Manager in Herndon, VA

Pros

The ability to work on really cool technologies that solve really hard customer problems

Cons

Many decisions require to much management review

Advice to Management

Keep communicating and stay true to the customer

Dec 12, 2016 – Marketing

Thanks for all your hard work to help us solve our customers' toughest problems! We always strive to take the best care of both our customers and our employees.

6. "Truly innovative"

Current Employee - Director, Technical Program Management in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Director, Technical Program Management in Herndon, VA

I have been working at LGS Innovations full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Creates new unique technologies and moves them into operations quickly. Full of PHD and senior engineers that are mission focused to provide our intel community and war fighters a significant advantage.

Cons

Growing quickly. Challenging to find the number and quality of top notch engineers with the experience and clearances needed for open positions.

Advice to Management

Keep putting mission first and being the go to company for the hardest problems.

7. "Director of Integrated Solutions"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Pros

Get to contribute to organization making exceptional impacts on national security and customer mission success.

Cons

Working through challenges associated with rapid growth - a good problem to have.

Nov 8, 2016 – Marketing

Thanks for taking the time to review! It's good to hear that you've found your job with LGS impactful - we couldn't agree more about the importance of our national security and customer mission ... More

"Hideous Work Environment"

Current Employee - Technical Staff in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Technical Staff in Washington, DC

I have been working at LGS Innovations (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, location, parking, free picnic one year, free Christmas party

Cons

Management terminates staff's employment on a regular basis. People's jobs are not secure at this company. Too many managers with high paying salaries. Proms take the hit. Dome managers play favoritism. This is a company one could use as a stepping stone. If you can get past this work environment, you should have it easier elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Get your act together. Don't gore people you intend to fire. Maybe let the managers go who cause the negative work environment. Their hateful.

Nov 8, 2016 – Marketing

We are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience, but can assure you that we appreciate our employees and do not terminate employment on a regular basis or without reason. In fact, LGS’s ... More

"Embedded Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Embedded Software Engineer in Westminster, CO
    Current Employee - Embedded Software Engineer in Westminster, CO

I have been working at LGS Innovations full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The projects that you get to work on are some of the coolest projects in the world. We solve interesting problems that are unique. Great flexibility with hours.

Cons

Good software architecture is not a valued trait across the board. It has been getting better but overall we have a lot of skilled engineers but few are able to create a sustainable system for years.

Jun 24, 2016 – Marketing

We love that you love your work! Please know that we do value our talented and skilled engineers, and are always looking for ways to help our people and our technology grow. We hope that is your ... More

"The best and toughest job I've ever had"

Current Employee - Embedded Engineer in Westminster, CO
    Current Employee - Embedded Engineer in Westminster, CO

I have been working at LGS Innovations full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The projects at LGS are both rewarding and challenging. (Don't roll your eyes, I am completely serious.) Having worked in the commercial semiconductor and electronics sector for 11 years and about 8 years for DoD contractors prior to LGS, I am proud and excited to be a part of LGS.
    As an embedded developer I have been challenged here like no other job I have ever had.

The environment, for the most part, is wonderful. The people here are a mix of Bell system (see the company's history) and developers from Aerospace, storage, etc. There are a new grads and many like me with a couple decades under their belt. We work on, what we believe to be, serious problems and we take pride in the results. There is also humor and a lot good natured hazing. You will laugh and you will probably grow a slightly thicker skin.

Cons

Every company and even every industry has its share of difficulties. I will take the grief of working here every day compared to other places I have been or heard about. That being said, here are few specific things.
    First, having a security clearance is a special kind of grief. It is not for everybody. You get used to the hoops, cautions, and occasional stress that comes with the territory.
    Second, there have been "difficult" personalities that have run amok. Sometimes you have to keep your head, be an adult, and tough it out. Things eventually get resolved.
    Third, Silos and isolation. Owing to the nature of the work, there is a certain amount of isolation or siloing (if that is a word) that happens. As projects and other factors permit, management addresses this.

Advice to Management

Ask how people are doing. Even if you can't do anything about it, finding out if an engineer is happy or miserable can boost morale.
    Offer negative feedback when it is needed. In other words treat engineers like adults, most of us are (most of the time).

Oct 4, 2016 – Marketing

Thanks so much for your well-thought, honest review. It's great to hear that you've found your projects both rewarding and challenging - we know our talented employees have what it takes to solve the ... More

11. "Very Good Place to Work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Westminster, CO
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Westminster, CO

I have been working at LGS Innovations full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall it is a very good place to work. Technically challenging work and not a lot of micro management. A mix of veterans and younger generation technical staff. A good place for older engineers to work in. Good work life balance for most folks.

Cons

There may be limited opportunities for younger generation to move up. This may be changing as the company is expanding.

Advice to Management

Try to maintain the culture as the company grows.

Jun 24, 2016 – Marketing

You're right that our company culture is important to us - we're glad to hear that you have found this a unique, challenging, and rewarding place to work as well. Thanks for the review and honest ... More