LIS Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

LIS Solutions Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2019

Found 17 reviews

3.1
LIS Solutions CEO Alexandra Gerenburd (no image)
Alexandra Gerenburd
  1. "Language Analyst"

Current Employee - Language Analyst

I have been working at LIS Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great compensation for my skills. I love my job and would do this for far less money, don’t tell anyone though!

Cons

I’d like more PTO but other than that I’m satisfied.

Advice to Management

More PTO!

LIS Solutions2019-03-23

LIS Solutions Response

May 7, 2019HR Generalist

Great feedback. We frequently review our entire package so we are getting the 'mix' just right. Thank you for letting us know your thoughts!

2. "Gateway to learning"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant

I worked at LIS Solutions full-time

Pros

Hands on, exposed to a lot

Cons

Bad management, little structure

LIS Solutions2019-08-26
  3. "Program Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at LIS Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great team to work with! Customer focused.

Cons

Benefits but it is a small company

Advice to Management

Grow the company

LIS Solutions2018-09-21
  4. "RUN AWAY"

I worked at LIS Solutions full-time

Pros

Flexible on hours. able to work remote

Cons

High Turnaround of Employees. No loyalty. Holds check of translators until they call to complain.

Advice to Management

Be Loyal to your Loyal Employees.

LIS Solutions2018-10-12
  5. "Extremely Positive Experience""

Current Employee - Project Manager in Herndon, VA

I have been working at LIS Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

LIS is an extraordinary company. They provide excellent benefits and are extremely adjustable with work schedules. When something is unclear, there is always immediate attention provided to make sure I'm doing my job correctly. It's just an excellent team here, and everyone is enthusiastic to help out to secure that you're doing your best!

Cons

I genuinely have nothing wrong to say about this company They treat everyone with the respect and importance you deserve.

Advice to Management

Continue investing in your employees. It's a great feeling to work for a company that believes in you.

LIS Solutions2018-01-09
  6. "Great Experience"

I have been working at LIS Solutions full-time

Pros

Great working environment, great people, lots of flexibility, highly experienced management, very interesting work

Cons

There are no significant Cons.

LIS Solutions2017-09-20
  7. "HORRIBLE COMPANY"

Current Employee - Linguist in New York, NY

I have been working at LIS Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Only reason I work for this company as a contractor is because they are the only company being awarded projects due to their low bidding.

Cons

This company forces you to wait "45" days until payment but they don't even pay you on the 45th day, you have to beg them for payment. They claim usps loses your check in the mail every other week, or they send you a check with no funds or a signature. At the end of every year they overstate what you actually make so they pay less taxes and you pay more. I don't know how this company actually gets awarded projects.

Advice to Management

Close your doors and start over again when you're ready to act like an organized business with cash flow. It's only a matter of time before the government, IRS, DOL, picks up on all your scams. The owners should be extremely ashamed of themselves but I'm sure they aren't.

LIS Solutions2017-04-19

"Horrible company"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at LIS Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can gain experience within the industry. The company has alot of clients that you can later put on your resume and say that you worked with. Close to the train station.

Cons

Poor salaries for employees. CEO doesn't know anything but collects all the money, the COO pretty much runs the company. Turnover is very high. The company likes the fire or push employees out in order to hire new people for cheap. Then its rinse and repeat. Examples of situations that have happened with regard to employees. -One employee quit the same day she came came into work because of the stress of the... position. -Another employee stopped coming to work completely after being overworked. -A third employee was laid off while on vacation with no severance pay. The company has no respect for you unless your Jewish and even then its still no guarantee.

Advice to Management

Share the money. Stop being greedy. Pay employees decent salaries.

LIS Solutions2016-08-16

"Run."

I worked at LIS Solutions full-time

Pros

Decent work hours depending on your position. Able to leave work at work when you're home (usually.) Low totem pole co-workers know how awful the company is and share your pain. Learn to time manage because the company offers you no assistance or leeway.

Cons

Everyone except executive team is severely underpaid. If they decide to let you go, they tell you the day of at 5PM. No severance package either. There have even been employees who have been told not to come back in the middle of their vacation. It becomes emotionally exhausting wondering if today is going to be your last day because they can't afford you anymore. They keep letting go of people let and right so the... company really seems like it's in trouble. They care more about decorating the office than paying their employees and linguists. They revoked the yearly bonus, did a hiring freeze, and refused to give raises to hard workers, but new decorations came in the mail each day. Middle management likes to throw you under the bus instead of helping improve the situation or workload. All management is passive aggressive, likes to smile to your face and act like everything is okay but then sends you a disciplinary email when you were told it was okay. The executive team likes to butt into situations without properly reading email threads and chains and start assigning blame. The main attitude at this company is everyone is disposable - and the job can be done at a cheaper price. The morale among the staff is so low that no one enjoys being at work and that weighs down on you as well.

Advice to Management

Decorations and wall decals do not do work, employees do. Stop being stingy and pay them what they're worth. Also, respect the people who work for you and give them proper notice when you can't afford to keep them. Have the managers take responsibility, they need to learn to train people properly and not talk down to them like they're stupid or inferior.

LIS Solutions2016-07-18
  10. "translator"

I have been working at LIS Solutions

Pros

Amaaaaaaaaaaaazing. I love this company

Cons

nothing so far!. I loved everything

Advice to Management

Great!

LIS Solutions2016-03-04