LMI Analyst Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
LMI President, CEO, and Trustee Nelson M. Ford
Nelson M. Ford

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Excellent ethics; good growth; good opportunities; great work life balance (in 26 reviews)

• Excellent Company with good benefits (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • While benefits were cut by 5 percent or more, supposedly because of urgent need to cut costs, senior management saw their bonuses grow to more than (in 6 reviews)

• Other cost cutting measures include (in 4 reviews)

1. "Logistics Analyst"

Former Employee - Logistics Management Analyst in Petersburg, VA
    Former Employee - Logistics Management Analyst in Petersburg, VA

I worked at LMI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

overall its a grand company
    Direct contact with the PM
    great pay and benefits
    Quarterly meetings with the company CEO and staff

Cons

When the company grew less contact with the PM

Advice to Management

Ensure you have to right personnel who have direct contact with the employees are good managers and don't take advantage of the interim positions they have been directed to serve in

2. "Alright for first job out of college"

Current Employee - Lead Business Analyst
    Current Employee - Lead Business Analyst

I have been working at LMI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good starting pay. Multiple bonuses throughout the year. Excellent benefits.

Cons

Yearly raises are small. I went from a Entry level tester position to a lead business analyst position and I got a $4000 bump but still make less than $60,000.

Seem to hired on more to fill a spot on a contract and will lay me off once this project is done. Geared more towards highly experienced and proven performance individuals. As a young person in the industry, I feel like I got taken advantage. I am by far the youngest person at this site.

Advice to Management

Hire and keep young employees engaged. They have lots of new and innovative ideas to bring you that you should harness.

"Scheduler Review"

Former Employee - Portfolio Master Scheduler/Lead Schedule Analyst in Clarksburg, MD

I worked at LMI (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, pretty good retirement package, but buy-in with matching contributions is in need of work. Certification program offerings good, but scheduling of classes needs improvement

Cons

Poor leadership, inability to determine competition and impact on business, ineffective confronting issues. Security and HR requires work on getting on top and staying on top of needs for both the organization and employees

Advice to Management

Improve on leadership; be more proactive, trust employees more and stand by them; be active in seeking out work for employees relegated to the bench

LMI Response

Jan 23, 2017 – VP, Marketing & Communications

LMI doesn't have an office in Clarksburg and can't see where we have or have had this position on the books. Working with Glassdoor to see about getting this review removed.

4. "Small, but great environment"

Current Intern - Co-op Analyst in McLean, VA

I have been working at LMI as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy working with the people here. They are generally friendly and often spend time together outside of a work setting. I find the work interesting for the most part (though inevitably occasionally monotonous)

Cons

Rather small with limited upward mobility, but more or less what you would expect from the nature of the work. Interns are not paid for holidays.

"Be careful with this company"

Former Employee - Sustainability Analyst in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Sustainability Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at LMI (Less than a year)

Pros

Good salary to start with. It was comparable to my Federal Gov salary. Unfortunately, I wasn't with them long enough to be able to comment on growth potential or performance bonuses.

Cons

Terrible communication with my manager. I thought everything was going well until the day they let me go whereupon I was told that they had issues with my performance. Up to that point I had been told everything was going very well and management was happy with my performance.

Advice to Management

Honesty is the best policy. If there is a problem with an employee why not tell them so they can correct the deficiency.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at LMI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is adequate, work and life balance is solid, coworkers are smart, most are capable, engaged and friendly and the hq building invites collaboration

Cons

Location in Tysons is a trek for DC residents, clubby management structure seems like a holdover from a past era and the company lacks depth in several work streams

Advice to Management

Continue to strengthen career pathing processes

"Enjoying my time here"

Current Employee - Analyst in Tysons Corner, VA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at LMI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, great career growth and training opportunities, flexible work-from home schedules, and there's always an abundance of free food! The people are really smart and kind; I have made good friends at work and feel good about my career opportunities here.

Cons

A bit stuffy; no casual Friday, and, as at all jobs, commuting can be a pain and some project managers are hard to work with. Most of the managers are men, which seems to be a remnant of old corporate culture.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in young people, bright minds, and new ideas.
    Consider casual Friday!
    Continue to promote women to leadership positions.

"Great company to work for that provides a great work/life balance."

Former Employee - Environmental Policy Analyst in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Environmental Policy Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at LMI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Treats employees with respect and as value added. Encourages advancement in higher degrees and training. Provides flexible work schedule and telework options. Understands the concept of work/life balance. Has a mentorship program. The workforce is full of positive, funny, and passionate people that are a pleasure to work with. Always has the clients best interest in mind. Free coffee machine on almost every floor! :)

Cons

The hiring process sometimes takes quite longer than expected.

Advice to Management

Continue to push the workforce to seek training opportunities and higher degrees. Cultivate a good knowledge base from within as you have been doing.

9. "Co-op"

Current Intern - Co-op Analyst in McLean, VA

I have been working at LMI as an intern

Pros

One of the best paying co-ops I've had. Full-times were extremely encouraging and promoted client interaction. Was able to take the lead on many projects at times.

Cons

Need to be extremely "go-getting" in order to get onto projects since work is contract based.

"Great company"

Former Employee - Analyst
    Former Employee - Analyst

I worked at LMI full-time

Pros

LMI was a great place to discover my passion. I was able to move up within the company and grow professionally. They have excellent benefits and wonderful people.

Cons

Proposal season is a bit stressful but we all get to work when we win the contract.

Advice to Management

Be on the look out for up and coming talent.