LMI Reviews

LMI President and CEO Doug Wagoner
Doug Wagoner
0 Rating
Pros
Cons
  • "Most of the adults have left, replaced with a struggling senior leadership team and dysfunctional CEO(in 7 reviews)

• "Company culture has changed dramatically with the current CEO, and not for the better(in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Never been so proud to be an LMI employee"

Current Employee - Consultant in Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at LMI full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

During these turbulent times, it’s great to see a company lead by putting their people first. The continuous reassuring communication from senior leadership has been great. Anxiety is running high and it’s nice to know that our leadership team has made sure we are in a strong position to make it through this time. I have never been more proud to be a part of the LMI family.

Cons

Nothing of note at this time.

April 6, 2020Communications Lead

Thank you for the feedback. It's wonderful to hear you appreciate hearing from the senior leadership team, particularly during this time of uncertainty amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. We are very well positioned despite this crisis, and we continue focusing on the health and well-being of the entire LMI family. If you have any additional feedback to share, please contact Conversations@lmi.org. Otherwise, please stay safe and healthy! Thanks again.

2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior GIS Analyst in Crystal City, VA

I have been working at LMI full-time

Pros

Salary flex schedule. Remote work opportunities

Cons

Nothing negative about this employer

3. COVID-19

"Environment of COVID-19"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at LMI full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Great benefits * Great work/life balance * Unlimited PTO * Good people, mostly * Handling COVID-19 environment very well

Cons

* Will have to champion yourself (just like any consulting job) * Constantly need to network * Must keep networking to get on the better, more interesting contracts

4. "Great Company Culture; Project Culture Dependent"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at LMI full-time for more than a year

Pros

Love the company culture, very caring towards employees. Lots of changes occurring, but briefed regularly. Lots of employees who have been there 10+ years.

Cons

Team culture is very project/management dependent. Current team has issues with micromanagement, but currently still enjoy the work and lots of opportunities to move to another team if desired.

5. "Wonderful Place to Grow"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at LMI full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

benefits, work/life balance, opportunities for cross-functional engagement

Cons

lack of formal mentorship and clear career paths

"Amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at LMI full-time for more than a year

Pros

People and benefits, career opportunities.

Cons

none. company culture is amazing and senior leadership approachable and supportive

7. "Very supportive company"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst

I have been working at LMI full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great TA and well organized to promote retention and job security.

Cons

lacks in personal performance based compensation

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Analyst in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at LMI full-time

Pros

Excellent management staff Unlimited time off

Cons

off site work makes it hard to feel fully connected to HQ

May 13, 2020Communications Lead

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you are satisfied with our leadership and with our benefits, especially the flexible leave policy we offer to employees. We do, however, understand that it can be difficult for employees who work at various locations to feel connected to the Tysons office. As we prepare for our "new normal," we are looking into ways to engage employees, regardless of their location. If you have any recommendations or if you would like to offer additional ideas for improvement, please email Conversations@lmi.org. Thank you again!

""Average" company. Cube Farm with nice glass . Not For Profit Company."

2.0
    Current Employee - Program Control Analyst in Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at LMI full-time for more than a year

Pros

Kitchen on each floor, nice (HUGE) offices, friendly people, lots of young people, nice paved trail leading to Pond/Lake, plenty of free garage parking, company on-site gym, open door policy. Fair benefits but pretty much standard with other firms. Casual (blue jeans) work environment. Good culture with plenty of team and company bonding activities. Cafe on first floor and plenty of delis nearby.

Cons

Cube Farm, lack of promotional opportunities, significantly lower compensation than at other firms, unrealistic expectations, management rarely mentors lower level employees, employee-manager communication regarding job progress/growth very sparse. Prior CEO left company after less than 3 years. Senior leaders get inside glass offices while Directors and C-Suite leadership get own larger perimeter glass offices. Work/Life Balance is standard as with other firms. Not permitted to tele-work on a regular basis unlike many other firms. Lack of privacy at own cubicles. Turnover in department is a bit higher than normal.

May 13, 2020Communications Lead

Thank you for your input. We're glad to hear that you are pleased with LMI's office facilities, our benefits, and our culture. However, we're sorry to hear that you feel you do not have many opportunities for career growth or to discuss your performance with your leadership. This year, we launched our new Talent Xchange to enhance our career mobility opportunities and to make it easier for employees gain new skills or find coverage between projects. In addition, we are in the process of transforming how we manage employee performance to enable a people-forward culture of development and leadership that provides a meaningful experience and equips LMIers to address the most complex needs in the federal government. As we continue to evolve, please feel free to contact us with recommendations for improvement by emailing Conversations@lmi.org. We appreciate your feedback and continued engagement.

"A Gold Standard Consulting Company"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at LMI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Are you right out of college or looking for a career change, LMI should be at the top of your list of consulting firms to consider. It has excellent benefits, a staff that really cares for you, and will financially support your education and certification training goals.

Cons

LMI is always trying to improve which is hard on retaining good middle managers.

April 6, 2020Communications Lead

Thank you for submitting your review! We are very proud of our benefits, including our $15,000/year tuition assistance program, and we are always looking for ways to improve our benefits so we can continue attracting and retaining top talent. If you have any additional suggestions on how we can improve as we continue growing, please email Conversations@lmi.org. We'd love to hear from you. Thanks again!

Found 214 reviews