KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

LMS Reviews

Updated Jun 16, 2021

Found 25 of over 28 reviews

3.5
LMS CEO Steve Cohen (no image)
Steve Cohen
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great employer to work for

Jul 19, 2020 - Incident Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work culture is second-to-none at LMS. Employees enjoy being around each other and love taking part in the OCEAN Medallion Project

Cons

Work/Life Balance is a bit skewed

2. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great place to learn and grow

Mar 31, 2021 - Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve always been given lots of space to learn as I go. Kind coworkers who care about your work

Cons

None I can think of

HR Generalist

Thank you for your review! We take pride in empowering our employees' continued learning and professional growth. Our human resources department is dedicated to finding the best fit for our teams by hiring individuals that are friendly team players to ensure a family-centered culture is maintained across offices.

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

N/A

Jun 19, 2020 - Applications Analyst in Miami, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, People, Skills, Benefits, Food

Cons

No Cons.. Overall good company

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A great place for people who take initiative and enjoy a challenge

Oct 25, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Thinking for yourself and asking questions is encouraged here, so if you like being told what to do and how to do it, you will not enjoy working here. Our employees like to challenge themselves to take on new things and encourage each other to grow. There is a high level of collaboration and people aren't afraid to make suggestions to solve problems. The company is growing within the experience industry, which means there is a lot of room for career growth. Employees are acknowledged for their work, giving opportunities to learn and lean on each other to get things done. They also offer little perks like catered Friday lunches, good coffee/espresso, snacks, laptops so people can work remotely when necessary, team building events, and company parties to celebrate wins and get to know each other on a more personal level. The environment is casual and overall people really seem to get along and many hang out with each other beyond work hours. Overall is a caring place that expects people to take initiative to move the company forward, but also encourages a work-life balance and friendship among co-workers. Health benefits and retirement plan matching perks have really improved as the company has grown.

Cons

PTO for long-term employees could be a little more generous and it would be nice if there could be more cohesion between our team in Doral and Orlando. These teams often seem very disconnected, and I think this is one thing that really needs improvement.

5. 2.0
    Former Employee

Don't expect to build a career here

Jul 27, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Free food (if you're motivated by that). -Most people were cool (excluding leadership). -Moderately easy job, could be good opportunity for people fresh out of college or in the beginning of their professional career. -Learned how to deal with difficult people and situations.

Cons

-First things first, take note that the majority of positive reviews are from current employees. Requests for reviews were made multiple times by CEO after some bad reviews were posted. -Free food used to appease people into thinking the company cares. This type of bribery (along with other 'company perks') was used to make people feel guilty about wanting more compensation. -Healthcare expensive. -Non-competitive wages and no bonus/promotion structure. -No matter what you're hired to do, you will end up doing a lot of extra stuff that has nothing to do with your job. This was often sold as being a good 'team player' but can lead to little to no actual job development. -No real direction with tasks, you're just expected to figure it out. They like to mask this as being a 'self-starter' or being 'proactive' but often led to a lot of confusion and time wasted. -Leadership doesn't care about your growth and development. Feedback you provide is often ignored, little to no accountability. -No real planning goes into jobs. A lot of work is done haphazardly and without much help/guidance. -Leadership not good at communicating. -Not much hierarchical structure. -CEO likes to surround himself with 'yes men'. Anyone who doesn't care for that have 'weeded themselves out' and left the company. -High turnover rate due to all aforementioned reasons.

4 people found this review helpful

Owner

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback. As our organization has experienced rapid growth over the last year, we’ve worked hard to maintain an environment that is transparent and collaborative for all our team members. I’m always disappointed to learn when someone parts ways with us and feels like they had a bad experience or could not continue to find opportunities to grow with us. We’ve also recently expanded our HR department to ensure we hire and retain team members who are committed to maintaining a positive work environment and culture. With that said, there are a few points in this feedback that I feel the need to address: Compensation: We provide all job candidates the range of salary that is appropriate for the position at the time of hire, along with the opportunity for candidates to negotiate. Every team member is welcome to voice concerns regarding any aspect of compensation, and we’ll always work to make things right immediately. We also consistently provide bonuses for top performers who strive for excellence, and unlike larger organizations, don’t necessarily wait for an annual review or milestones to immediately recognize team members in a manner they deserve. Food and corporate events: LMS proudly sponsors company lunches every Friday, in addition to providing beverages and a wide variety of snacks throughout each day. We understand that many of our team members work on projects that sometimes require long hours or deadlines, and these options fit the needs of those who don’t always have the time or luxury to leave the office. We also sponsor a Summer Bash and have taken our team on a cruise 5 out of the last 7 years to share in our success and enjoy a well-earned break. LMS leadership never uses events or perks to bribe, coerce, or control employees. We form relationships with our team members based on trust and respect and openly communicate expectations and concerns. Job direction and feedback: One of the things that sets us apart from other companies is that we have a team of entrepreneurial-minded individuals who are not only willing to invest in their own success but also the success of the company; it shows through the initiative of taking on challenges that enable individuals and the company alike to thrive and grow. Our culture is not for the faint of heart – we are not a good fit for those who are looking for a “comfortable” job where they have a single set of responsibilities that allow them to “clock in” and “clock out.” Our team is comprised of people who are competitively minded and like to win. Again, we thank you for taking the time to provide feedback and wish you nothing but the best in all of your future endeavors. Steve Cohen President/CEO

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

I love going to work every day!

Oct 24, 2016 - Project Consultant in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Management cares if you are happy with the tasks you are working on and asks for feedback. Then they proceed based on the feedback and follow up afterwards. You are not pigeon-holed into a particular job. They acknowledge your skills and place you in a position to succeed. This is a very independent environment, so there is no micro-managing. It is a very caring, friendly environment. (Birthday cakes, company cruises, stocked kitchen, etc). Windows Surface Pros were issued to all employees so that they can work anywhere that is conducive.

Cons

The company does pay 50% of the medical benefits but it is still extremely expensive. The network on the 3rd floor runs slow (but the IT team is working on that).

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Employees are appreciated

Dec 20, 2017 - Project Consultant in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Since I have been employed at LMS Inc, the culture has changed for the better. Those who could not keep up with our rapid growth or those whose personalities did not mesh with the changing environment have weeded themselves out. Now we have a great group of hard-working, ambitious people dedicated to helping LMS achieve success. Other Pros: Wonderful people with great personalities and incredible skills. Management appreciates their employees and expresses it frequently. Snacks/coffee/teas provided for all employees. Friday lunches are catered with a variety of options. Ability to work remotely if needed.

Cons

Open area can be a little loud at times (easily countered by noise-canceling headphones).

1 person found this review helpful

Owner

Thank you very much for providing your feedback. We are really happy to hear that you have seen the improvements we have made in our culture and understand what it takes to be a successful team member at LMS. We continue to hire individuals who are committed to hard work and maintain a positive working environment. We thank you again for your feedback and for remaining committed to our collective success. Steve Cohen President/CEO

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

LMS - Wouldn't want to be working anywhere else

Jul 12, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Exemplary leadership and management along with motivating individuals and the drive for teamwork create a (fun) work environment unlike any other. Everyone is always willing to help and most importantly, willing to do their best going in to whatever it may be. Coffee, snacks, etc. are also provided. All in all, an amazing work culture to be apart of.

Cons

Work can be challenging at times but it is up to the individual to face those challenges and come up with a solution using resources available, which may be limited at times - innovation and creativity are a must!

9. 4.0
    Current Employee

A place where hard work is rewarded and your growth is only limited by how much effort you make

Feb 20, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is a company where you are able to truly impact the company. You have a unique opporunity in being able to really define your position and find your niche on the team. Hard effort is truly rewarded and efforts are made to provide a great working environment where you can work comfortable. While the company culture may feel like that of a start-up, you have the benefit of working for an established company. As a result, you are able to have a direct impact on the company's success, without the month-to-month payment risk. There is a strong emphasis on teamwork and cross-collaboration, and employees are always encouraged to be innovators in their roles- whether it's handling a client project or thinking up new ways to improve the company's existing business model. There are always improvements to be made and the team culture is supportive and motivating. They are always looking to help each other no matter the task. Having practical Work-Life flexibility is a wonderful benefit and as long as you are ok with understanding that with "great flexibility comes great responsibility" and willing to work on emergency tasks that may fall outside of typical business hours, it makes balancing family and work life much easier.

Cons

This environment is not for those who may need a lot of hand-holding or in need of a lot of direction and guidance. It is fast-paced and often requires individuals to take full ownership of their tasks, adapt, act, and learn quickly. On-board Training is hands-on and sometimes learn-as-you-go depending on whether the position has already been established or entirely new. Leadership is often unavailable or unable to communicate, so you need to be proactive in finding resources and solutions for tasks that can be assigned to the team at the last minute. Sometimes those resources are non-existent, so you would need to begin from scratch (which can be challenging). You also need to be willing to accept tasks that may fall outside of your job description as the team is still small.

Corporate Communications Director

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your comments as we are committed to creating a comfortable, transparent, and collaborative environment for everyone here at LMS, Inc.. As we continue to expand and grow, we continue to look into ways to improve all areas of communication, both internally as a team and with our partnering clients. We are currently involved in the building of new processes that will enhance internal and external communications and look forward to announcing our new processes within the next few weeks to each of the affected departments. We thank you for your feedback. Any recommendations you may have, feel free to reach out to me directly at jvargas@lmsonline.com. You can also speak with your direct supervisor or anyone on the Executive Leadership team and maintain an open door policy on ideas for improvements from everyone on the LMS team. With Gratitude, Jesenia Vargas Corporate Communications Director

10. 5.0

I love my job!

Oct 6, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

The kitchen is almost always stocked with snacks and drinks. There are enough coffee machines to consider us a Starbucks. The office hours are flexible and allow for us to have lives outside of work. Hard work, integrity, and honesty will pay off for you in your wallet.

Cons

I don't live near the office, but the 40-50 minute drive is my choice for living so far away.

1 person found this review helpful