LONG Building Technologies Reviews

Updated Sep 5, 2019

3.8
LONG Building Technologies President & CEO Mark Balent
Mark Balent
Pros
  • "The work environment is friendly and sincere, full of encouragement, support, and resources to learn new skills/advance towards your career goals(in 7 reviews)

• "Generally, LONG is a great company to work for and most employees stay with LONG because they know they are valued(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "I do not have any besides the way the business units seem work against each other sometimes(in 4 reviews)

• "It's definitely a good ole boys club and who you know that helps you climb the ladder(in 2 reviews)

"Best Company of all I have worked for."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Casper, WY

I have been working at LONG Building Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

LONG is an outstanding company whose upper management truly cares about the employees, the customers and obviously about making money, in this order. I have worked for large companies including Tyco, Johnson Controls and small companies including Simplex Time Recorder, Damone Andrew, and LONG is the best. The founder of LONG was one of the most caring men I have meet. Wills truly wanted his employees to success and worked hard to make sure that happened. His son, our now leader, is equally the same. He cares and fosters the success of the employees. Again, LONG is by far the BEST company to work for.

Cons

All companies have warts but LONG has few that I have seen in the 3 plus years I have worked here.

Continue reading
  2. "Not Completely Truthful in interview"

1.0
    Former Employee - Commercial Service Tech

I worked at LONG Building Technologies full-time

Pros

Big Company with lots of employees

Cons

Dose not disclose all information in interview

3. "Employee"

I have been working at LONG Building Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great Managers and Leadership. Flexible with work schedule

Cons

Co-workers can be difficult to deal with at times

4. "Poor upper management"

2.0
    HVAC Service Tech in Casper, WY

I worked at LONG Building Technologies for more than 5 years

Pros

A lot of the pros that Long had when they were a small company have dissipated.

Cons

Long does not appreciate a employee who has busted there butt for them, this can be seen by the high turnover of long term employees. The pay is horrible compared to other companies the size of Long, even if you have the experience. Be aware of the promises LONG makes, they DO NOT KEEP THEM. Long has been buying lots of companies and putting themselves in a bad financial situation. Robbing Peter to pay Paul, and then penalizing the employees that have worked hard, only to hear them say they are cutting back on new vehicles or a work boot allowance.

5. "Technology"

I have been working at LONG Building Technologies full-time

Pros

They really value their employees.

Cons

There are no cons I have found.

Continue reading
  6. "LONG focuses on customers and Co-workers. Great local management!"

Current Employee - Accounting Manager in Portland, OR

Pros

Great local management and solid customer/employee focused culture.

Cons

Slowly building name recognition .

7. "They don't promote within and there is no clear advancement path for current employees"

1.0
     in Littleton, CO

I worked at LONG Building Technologies for more than 5 years

Pros

Co-workers were great and profit sharing was predictable

Cons

Bad management in my department. They played favorites, they we're power hungry and completely out of touch with the day to day operations of their department. They refused to help employees advance with in the company, and when asked for advancement the employee got told no and basically that the employee was replaceable and to be grateful they have a job. Basically a shut up or leave mentality.

Continue reading
  8. "Life Changing Organization"

4.0
    Current Employee - Service Controls Tech in Littleton, CO

Pros

The Company Offers a great balance of work life and family life. I enjoy working for Long because everyone has a voice and everyone can contribute their ideas, ya, some ideas will not be used but some will. Regardless you are not looked down upon for voicing your opinions or ideas.

Cons

Long takes to long to respond to possibilities and opportunities.

Continue reading
  9. "Good company but flawed"

Former Employee - Controls Technician in Seattle, WA

I worked at LONG Building Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Super flexible Lots of independence Very good pay for technical workers Lots of incentive programs Very relaxed (I honestly felt awkward taking a break to play basketball with the boss during work) Upper management is very welcoming. Mark Balent, CEO, really cares. Overall, I really enjoyed working here. There were some unbelievable benefits, great culture, and management staff were all great people.

Cons

Lots of pressure to work off the clock / work over time for free to save jobs that were poorly bid. I was told that’s just how the industry is. It happened ALL the time. Absolutely unacceptable. This pressure came from the lower management (PMs and a former branch manager. I doubt the big guys were aware. Training program is nonexistent if you’re new to the industry. I spent a lot of time aimlessly trying to teach myself and being told to figure it out. The job is too complex for that. Potential for layoffs is high. I wouldn’t work in this field again.

Continue reading
  10. "An Inspiring Company That's Rewarding to be a Part of"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant I in Littleton, CO

I have been working at LONG Building Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

LONG is committed to it's customers and coworkers. The company truly believes in openness, promotes wellness, and provides a number of great benefits and opportunities for its employees. The work environment is friendly and sincere, full of encouragement, support, and resources to learn new skills/advance towards your career goals.

Cons

Not necessarily a "con" but you should have an interest in the industry and a team oriented drive to get the best experience here.

Found 62 reviews