LONG Building Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
LONG Building Technologies President & CEO Mark Balent
Mark Balent

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Genuinely concerned upper management" (in 7 reviews)

• "I enjoy working for Long because everyone has a voice and everyone can contribute their ideas, ya, some ideas will not be used but some will" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "A better avenue for efficiency improvement suggestions would be my only input" (in 2 reviews)

1. "Best Company of all I have worked for."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Casper, WY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Casper, WY

I have been working at LONG Building Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

LONG is an outstanding company whose upper management truly cares about the employees, the customers and obviously about making money, in this order. I have worked for large companies including Tyco, Johnson Controls and small companies including Simplex Time Recorder, Damone Andrew, and LONG is the best. The founder of LONG was one of the most caring men I have meet. Wills truly wanted his employees to success and worked hard to make sure that happened. His son, our now leader, is equally the same. He cares and fosters the success of the employees.

Again, LONG is by far the BEST company to work for.

Cons

All companies have warts but LONG has few that I have seen in the 3 plus years I have worked here.

Advice to Management

Focus attention more on Service, for it is the future of most companies like ours.

2. "Technology"

I have been working at LONG Building Technologies full-time

Pros

They really value their employees.

Cons

There are no cons I have found.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

3. "LONG focuses on customers and Co-workers. Great local management!"

Current Employee - Accounting Manager in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Accounting Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at LONG Building Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great local management and solid customer/employee focused culture.

Cons

Slowly building name recognition .

4. "They don't promote within and there is no clear advancement path for current employees"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

I worked at LONG Building Technologies (More than 5 years)

Pros

Co-workers were great and profit sharing was predictable

Cons

Bad management in my department. They played favorites, they we're power hungry and completely out of touch with the day to day operations of their department. They refused to help employees advance with in the company, and when asked for advancement the employee got told no and basically that the employee was replaceable and to be grateful they have a job. Basically a shut up or leave mentality.

Advice to Management

Put your employees above yourself. They are the wheel and if they are unhappy your wheel breaks.

5. "Life Changing Organization"

Current Employee - Service Controls Tech in Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - Service Controls Tech in Littleton, CO

I have been working at LONG Building Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The Company Offers a great balance of work life and family life. I enjoy working for Long because everyone has a voice and everyone can contribute their ideas, ya, some ideas will not be used but some will. Regardless you are not looked down upon for voicing your opinions or ideas.

Cons

Long takes to long to respond to possibilities and opportunities.

Advice to Management

There is nothing to say bad about our management, although they take a long time to make some decisions, it has proven that they are determined to make the best decisions for the circumstance.

6. "Good company but flawed"

Former Employee - Controls Technician in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Controls Technician in Seattle, WA

I worked at LONG Building Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Super flexible
    Lots of independence
    Very good pay for technical workers
    Lots of incentive programs
    Very relaxed (I honestly felt awkward taking a break to play basketball with the boss during work)
    Upper management is very welcoming. Mark Balent, CEO, really cares.
    Overall, I really enjoyed working here. There were some unbelievable benefits, great culture, and management staff were all great people.

Cons

Lots of pressure to work off the clock / work over time for free to save jobs that were poorly bid. I was told that’s just how the industry is. It happened ALL the time. Absolutely unacceptable. This pressure came from the lower management (PMs and a former branch manager. I doubt the big guys were aware.

Training program is nonexistent if you’re new to the industry. I spent a lot of time aimlessly trying to teach myself and being told to figure it out. The job is too complex for that.

Potential for layoffs is high. I wouldn’t work in this field again.

Advice to Management

Bid jobs so your company (or weakest branch) isn’t reliant on forcing people who work for free.

Keep up the employee incentives and benefits programs. I really did enjoy working at long other than that fatal flaw.

Develop a training program that helps develop a smart person into a intelligent tech.

7. "Go LONG"

Current Employee - Controls Technician in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Controls Technician in Denver, CO

I have been working at LONG Building Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

LONG is a great company to work for. I have complete confidence in upper management. They have a great vision and are leading the company down a path that is great for both the employees and customers.

Cons

I can't think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing.

8. "An Inspiring Company That's Rewarding to be a Part of"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant I in Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant I in Littleton, CO

I have been working at LONG Building Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

LONG is committed to it's customers and coworkers. The company truly believes in openness, promotes wellness, and provides a number of great benefits and opportunities for its employees. The work environment is friendly and sincere, full of encouragement, support, and resources to learn new skills/advance towards your career goals.

Cons

Not necessarily a "con" but you should have an interest in the industry and a team oriented drive to get the best experience here.

9. "The Best Employer I've Worked for in a Long Time"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at LONG Building Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great community of people to work with, lots of opportunity for advancement.
    Very busy Company, no lack of work here.

Cons

Insurance could be better, but is a lot better that most.

10. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

I have been working at LONG Building Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Wonderful people to work with that strive for the same goals. Employees all helping each other. Great team work here. Truly care about their customers and employees.

Cons

Although the benefits are great. I'll like to have more options

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.