LOUD Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Mark Graham

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Senior Graphic Designer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodinville, WA

I worked at LOUD Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people there are awesome. Without them I would never have stayed there so long.

Cons

Poor management of the company, lack of recognition, long hours, underpaid, little room for advancement and little thanks for the dedication and often soul-crushing work.

Advice to Management

Change everything. Get back to Bob Mackie's original vision. Bring back the rock'n'roll atmosphere. Your people will gladly work hard when they can also play hard and be themselves. Stifle the people who built the company and you stifle the company itself.

"VP of Sales"

Former Employee - Vice President of Sales in Wellesley, MA
    Former Employee - Vice President of Sales in Wellesley, MA

I worked at LOUD Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Technology and engineering are at the forefront of why to work for Loud. They also have a leading operations team.

Cons

C level management wants to promote individual contribution but then in the end they make unqualified decisions that override their leader's decisions.

Advice to Management

Understand your customers needs and wishes

"Inventory Planner"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodinville, WA

I worked at LOUD Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

discounts on music gear were decent

Cons

One of the worst companies I've ever worked for. Too many employees have been there too long. Many have moved up from customer service and don't have management skills or the basic technical skills to be leading a team. Very old ways of doing things. It felt like the 1990's all over again. The executive team is a joke. They don't listen to their employees just dictate orders. Sales have sucked for years yet they keep making the same mistakes year after year. The pay is terrible and management was frequently yelling and treating people in an appalling manner.

Advice to Management

Leadership and management spent too much time looking for quick ways to make money at a low profit margin. Very little effort put into long term strategy to build the brand and generate stability and healthy sales. My advice to management is to quit and sell the brands to someone who actually cares.

4. "Are you LOUD enough?"

Former Employee - Artist Relations Manager in Kenmore, WA
    Former Employee - Artist Relations Manager in Kenmore, WA

I worked at LOUD Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The culture... Probably the best I've ever been immersed in, and that's saying quite a bit. The people are hands down the main reason to work here. I could go on about the many Pros of working here, however this one stands out as #1. The second would working with the brands of LOUD; top names in the industry like Ampeg, Mackie, EAW... Who wouldn't want to work around those great product families!

Cons

Job instability and insecurity. Since they are owned by Sun Capitol, they are expected to meet high revenue numbers that borderline impossible to attain due various financial responsibilities of LOUD, which result in layoffs and restructuring too often for comfort.

5. "Recent Changes"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

I worked at LOUD Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Interesting development work; competent middle management

Cons

new corporate management intervention after company buyout

"Disappointing"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Whitinsville, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Whitinsville, MA

I worked at LOUD Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The product is cool as others have said. Co-workers are good hard working people trying to do their best with what they have.

Cons

Month to month sales revenue roller coaster dictates your job existence. Short sighted with a mad rush at the end of every month to push product out the door to make the numbers. Working there is like being a step-child owned by a private equity firm.

Advice to Management

Bring in some competent leaders.

"Could be great..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at LOUD Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Lots of really smart, amazing, and awesome people
    - Interesting products

Cons

- Serious leadership issues, lack of oversight and leading by example leads to amazing inefficiencies and lack of ownership.
    - Schedules are not based on the resources that are actually available.
    - Resources scarce and pulled mid project on a regular basis, so one project's problem quickly becomes every project's problem.
    - Communication is not there.

Advice to Management

- Improve management at all levels

8. "Avoid."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at LOUD Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

some good loyal people and good products.

Cons

No leadership. CEO hardly comes to work. Prefers to work from home. CFO spends too much time BSing the Big bosses at Sun Capital. Company is for sale for the past few years. No company in their right mind would buy this junk outfit.

Advice to Management

Resign and allow real leaders to perform.

"Horrible Experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodinville, WA

I worked at LOUD Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

laid back atmosphere, ability to wear pretty much anything but a swimsuit to work, and flexible hours as long as your 40 is worked and all projects are complete.

Cons

No real leadership, management doesn't seem to understand what their employees do all day or the actual workload that needs to be done. I took this position as it was 25 miles closer to home, although I had a good job with full benefits and was not in a hurry to leave. After working there for two months, begging for work to do to keep me busy, and reading a total of six books out of boredom, I went to my department manager to be honest about the situation and the need for the workload to be evened out among employees. As a reward for my honesty and desire to be paid to work and not read books, I was laid off because they "realized" it was really a half time position...
    I left a goodie with benefits to start a new career and now find myself unemployed with no benefits and very few prospects. Oh, and they don't even supply paper plates and plastic utensils in their lunchroom. Don't work here, they are struggling financially and will do anything that their whims lead them to do no matter what it does to you.
    Sincerely,
    Found Out the Hard Way

Advice to Management

Get your act together. Takes good hard look at your employees and the millions of smoke breaks, coffee runs and walks they take while acting like they have so much to do. Then actually take stock of the work that needs to get done by people that actually want to work. You will save a lot of money on overhead.

"Venture Capital Owned, and not employee friendly."

Current Employee - Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Seattle, WA

I have been working at LOUD Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Loud is a great place to work because of its laid back culture and cool products.

Cons

The company is in a massive amount of debt and owned by private equity equity. For this reason, cash and motivation from executive leadership to fairly compensate employees is in short supply. Don't expect pay increases of more than 1% per year and an incredibly bare bones benefits package with no 401k match.

Advice to Management

Management at the current moment is fantastic. In my opinion it is the private equity ownership that is the current roadblock to creating a more employee-oriented workplace. This is a tough problem that will probably only be solved through the sale of the company.