LQ Digital Reviews | Glassdoor

1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Opportunity"

I worked at LQ Digital full-time

Pros

I really enjoyed my time here. The experience is what you make of it, and there was always a lot of opportunities to learn if you are willing to put the work in. You might say this is true anywhere, but it's not.

There has been a lot of change in the past year, which was very refreshing and optimistic.

Cons

Typical drawbacks of smaller companies. Bandwidth can be tight at times and there might not be as much infrastructure as you'd like.

Advice to Management

Scaling was always a big issue. Make it a priority to build infrastructure to scale the company. Investing in technology and improving internal processes can relieve stress from employees and also increase the quality of work. The entire management team needs to be held accountable for this.

It was really sad to see great talent leave the company because of the lack of technological adoption and internal processes.

2. "Talk about taking advantage"

I worked at LQ Digital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are no pros aside from having a job.

Cons

I’m convinced any good reviews of this company were done by management as an attempt to trick people into applying. There are no pros to this establishment, the management is all uneducated people that brown nosed their way to the top and haven’t been taught how to separate personal feelings from professional behavior. Favoritism is everywhere but if an employee is threatens by another employee the aggressor should receive some kind of repercussion regardless of being friends with the boss. They start you with no PTO and only allow you to accrue if you are a full time employee (you only accrue like 2 hours every 2 weeks) but won’t let you take time off if you have no hours (say goodbye to the doctors/dentist) they continue to add to the work load but do not increase the pay... raises never exceed $1 regardless of employee stats, performance, quality, loyalty, and added projects they are given. There is no room for growth and when they do have openings the people that most deserve the positions never get it. HR and management has no compassion for things that happen in employees personal lives, they’ll just fire you and replace you (my manager actually told me I’m just a body and I am easily replaced despite being on top consistently. The quality of people that work there is severely declining, fights in the parking lot, the lobby smells like marijuana despite other companies occupying the building, drunk people at work, outbursts made on the work floor constantly. Talk about over it worked and underpaid and don’t even think for a moment that it’s ok to make a typo or pronounce a word wrong on the phone, you’ll get what they call an “occurence” and if you get 12 in a month BEWARE (ex - script says “have a great day” you say “I hope you have a wonderful day” = occurence.... ex- you mean to type the but you put eht = occurence) rules and guidelines and scripts and processes change constantly but employees are not informed till they receive an “occurence”, managers all teach their teams different processes so no one actually knows what the right way to do things is. Work/life balance wouldn’t be bad if you didn’t have to work 100 hours every two weeks to make a liveable wage

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage

3. "Digital Media Strategist"

I worked at LQ Digital full-time

Pros

Great launching pad for new opportunities. They'll definitely work you to the bone then when you get your next job opportunity, you'll look like a rockstar that's able to do 5 people's job.

Cons

Your job is really contingent on how their business is performing. If they're losing clients that you've been assigned to (90% of the time it's not your fault & out of your control), you'll lose your job. 6 of my colleagues got let go because the company lost like 15 clients in the previous quarter i was there.

Advice to Management

Focus on employee retention. LQ digital operates like your typical agency - hire a lot when you acquire more clients then fire a lot when you lose clients. It's actually very dehumanizing to work for a company that only values you based on their short term business performance

"Great place to work"

Pros

Lots of room to learn and grow.

Cons

Not a great culture, people don't seem connected

"Chill company"

I have been working at LQ Digital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good environment to learn.
    A lot of room for growth.

Cons

Does not want remote workers.
    Over worked

"Great place for new grads!"

Former Employee - Digital Marketing Analyst
    Former Employee - Digital Marketing Analyst

I worked at LQ Digital (More than a year)

Pros

- good training for people looking to get into SEM without much prior experience
    - very data driven and will improve your critical thinking and excel skills
    - company has a lot of history and you can grow your network of connections a lot
    - CEO is passionate, inspiring, and good leader
    - frequent and weekly 1-1s are encouraged with manager

Cons

- experience at LQ is very dependent on the team and clients you are with. Some people stay a lot later than others
    - need more infrastructure and processes in place. Things can change frequently and seem disorganized
    - not everyone currently has laptops
    - turnover is pretty high, lot of people leave the company in 1-2 years which affects morale and team workflow
    - need better sales to improve client acquisition

Advice to Management

Invest in the employees!

"Wishes had more opportunities"

Former Employee - Digital Media Coordinator
    Former Employee - Digital Media Coordinator

I worked at LQ Digital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Telecommuting (maybe not anymore), competitive salary, great coworkers and resources in company

Cons

Lack of growth opportunities for lower level workers, even if they might want to learn more

Advice to Management

Let workers under you try more things, maybe they'll actually be good at it

"SEM Analyst"

Pros

great learning opportunity for out of college

Cons

hard to progress into a management role

"Great Place -- Needs Some Work"

Current Employee - Senior Web Developer in Emeryville, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Web Developer in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at LQ Digital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. Friendly, open desk environment.
    2. Good access to many local restaurants/Uber Eats/GrubHub/Prime Now Restaurants.
    3. Outdoor area in the office if you want to get some air but don't want to go far.
    4. Flexibility in my working location / ability to work from home if needed.
    5. Company Sponsored get togethers outside of the office

Cons

1. Healthcare plans are a bit expensive for families. I understand the current turmoil in regards to healthcare, but I feel the amounts are excessive, especially when compared to my friends health insurance at similarly sized companies.
    2. Aetna -- which is arguably the worst healthplan in California.
    3. Because the company is growing, but is currently still small, my duties vary wildly.

10. "Great Job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shelton, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shelton, CT

I have been working at LQ Digital full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been employed here for 8 years, and have felt right at home since day one. The balance of work/home life is respected. They have pushed me to grow and become a better person.

Cons

Not sure there are any.