LRA Worldwide Reviews | Glassdoor

Rob Rush

1. "Really Happy"

Current Employee - Account Administrator in Horsham, PA
    Current Employee - Account Administrator in Horsham, PA

I have been working at LRA Worldwide full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked at a lot of crappy jobs and I feel incredibly blessed to find such a great home here at LRA. I have been working here for the past 5 years and I am truly happy. I work in the Horsham office and they really only hire nice people. I have the ability to work from home, so being a working parent is not a problem. the benefits are great. Deloitte really has some great programs... like 6 months paid family leave for men and women! we also get up to $500 to spend on wellness (ie gym memberships). We get new work cell phones and new laptops every 2 years.

Cons

I have always been a top performer, but I do not feel my pay is reflecting that. We relieve yearly raises and sometimes bonus', but it is never more than 3%.

Advice to Management

When you have a good employee, showing signs of promise and with career goals, nurture them! They will help you succeed in the future.

"Empty promises"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Consultant in Horsham, PA
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Consultant in Horsham, PA

I have been working at LRA Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hospitality loyalty program points with airline and hotel add up fast.

Cons

100% Travel with insufficient lodging and per diem allowances, little support for career growth, performance reviews that do not lead to advancement and do not translate to greater Deloitte, very little opportunity for advancement, no transparency or honesty from leadership, employees are grossly underpaid compared to their Deloitte counterparts.

Advice to Management

Align practice with greater Deloitte & Touche standards.

"Could care less"

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

Pros

Im thinking..hotel and airlines miles were nice to earn for the time being.

Cons

Upper management could care less about you as a person. They could care less if you stay more than a year and don't seem to want you to further your career with them.

Advice to Management

Make an effort.

"Poor management, Promises made during interview process not upheld"

Former Employee - Sales in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Sales in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at LRA Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some nice people on various teams but that's honestly the only positive thing I can think of.

Cons

Management is not transparent. Promises made during interview not upheld once on the job. Lack of support and technology to support you in the role. Absolutely no formal training.

Advice to Management

Implement a formal learning and development platform that supports employees. Honor your promises!

"CEO is a Tyrant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at LRA Worldwide full-time

Pros

Generally the people working there were very pleasant. The environment is professional and the salary was fair.

Cons

The CEO of the company is very abrasive and disrespectful. You'll often hear him berating the CFO and his other colleagues.

"Monitoring and Evaluation"

Current Employee - Monitoring and Evaluation Manager in Horsham, PA
    Current Employee - Monitoring and Evaluation Manager in Horsham, PA

I have been working at LRA Worldwide (Less than a year)

Pros

A reputable organisation. Has ample opportunities for career growth/progression. Has mutidisplinary staff that provides opportunity for exchange of knowledge among staff.

Cons

Its management staff not hired on merits but also on political inclinations. Has tied budget for its operations even though is a main revenue collector for government.

Advice to Management

To hire staff based on merits not political inclinations

"mgr"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at LRA Worldwide full-time

Pros

Great people employed at the company. There are many interesting opportunities. If you are motivated, their are many many possibilities.

Cons

There is not a lot of direction in terms of development or education. Compansation is not linked to performance and responsibility.

Advice to Management

Creating a development and learning guide team to better facilitate leadership growth. Show connection between performance and compensation

"Very unique opportunity. Company culture could use some attention."

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at LRA Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Extensive travel to unique areas.
    -Building up your personal reward accounts, and taking advantage of road warrior perks.
    -Closeness of consultants.
    -Seeing the world.

Cons

-Health benefits.
    -Severely underpaid for amount of time and work put into accounts.
    -Training greatly varies depending on what account(s) you consult or work for.
    -Management takes advantage of nice people, often saying one thing and doing another.
    -Company changes and updates are made unilaterally. No consultant opinion or concern is taken into account.
    -Very clique-esque company, where favorites are obviously seen amongst other associates.
    -Consultants/Associates NEVER come first. The company is completely client-driven. The company says they are the ones that create change and make things better in the industry. When, in actuality they do not offer advice to companies because they will not take it. The client(s) gives the company a list of items they want to be inspected or audited, and LRA says "how high?" when the client says "jump!".
    -Very small amount of creativity is allowed by associates. Very strict client guidelines.

Advice to Management

Stop making drastic changes to policies without consultant input. Too many changes were made in the last two years that greatly benefited the office staff, and completely disregarded the consultants; i.e. Time and Expense reporting.

Don't applaud your company for giving a great work/life balance, when most of the consultant's free time is flying, writing reports, and/or submitting time and expense (which can take you up to three hours depending on how many accounts you work on).

For those at the top, making decisions, can you actually make a decision? Too many times one thing was said in a meeting or e-mail. Then, as the assignment was being completed, they would change their mind, or make last-minute changes (i.e. forcing a consultant to a country, and then being lambasted by not allowing them to meet online via Skype). A higher-up once said, "Why did you listen to me?" BECAUSE YOU'RE EVERYONE'S BOSS!

Be honest. Don't beat around the bush hoping a consultant will complete a task by offering perks, and then not delivering on them.

HR is too "comfy" with Management and Ownership, not really allowing a fair environment.

"good experience, not for everyone"

Current Employee - Field Consultant in Horsham, PA
    Current Employee - Field Consultant in Horsham, PA

I have been working at LRA Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

got to travel all over the country to some amazing desitanations

Cons

only home 4days/month, only would direct deposit pay check, would not direct deposit expense checks - made it hard to stay afloat while traveling around. Pay was mediocre - for the work we did and amount of travel, we should've been paid much more.

Advice to Management

upgrade pay scale and ability to direct deposit ALL checks. provide company credit card.

"Positive and rewarding."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA

Pros

- quiet and calm work environment.
    - great management.

Cons

- quick turnover for consultants.
    - clients that do not renew contracts and therefore lack of work.

Advice to Management

I do not have any advice or feedback for the management team at LRA. I was very happy with the management team.