LRA Worldwide Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

1.9
Rob Rush

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "You can keep your low budget airline and hotel points" (in 6 reviews)

• "Deloitte benefits: well-being subsidy, paid family leave, 401k matching" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "No Work/Life Balance whatsoever" (in 10 reviews)

• "If you’re liked by your upper management then you will have a better future with the company" (in 8 reviews)

"Really Happy"

Current Employee - Account Administrator in Horsham, PA
    Current Employee - Account Administrator in Horsham, PA

I have been working at LRA Worldwide full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked at a lot of crappy jobs and I feel incredibly blessed to find such a great home here at LRA. I have been working here for the past 5 years and I am truly happy. I work in the Horsham office and they really only hire nice people. I have the ability to work from home, so being a working parent is not a problem. the benefits are great. Deloitte really has some great programs... like 6 months paid family leave for men and women! we also get up to $500 to spend on wellness (ie gym memberships). We get new work cell phones and new laptops every 2 years.

Cons

I have always been a top performer, but I do not feel my pay is reflecting that. We relieve yearly raises and sometimes bonus', but it is never more than 3%.

Advice to Management

When you have a good employee, showing signs of promise and with career goals, nurture them! They will help you succeed in the future.

2. "Incredible opportunity to travel and provide assistance to clients"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at LRA Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Feels like a small community within a big company by being a part of Deloitte, yet maintaining its own distinctiveness
    100% travel job with domestic and international travel opportunities
    Many opportunities to grow (although depending on the account, may take time)
    Well-known clients and the chance to provide consultative feedback while auditing
    Deloitte benefits: well-being subsidy, paid family leave, 401k matching
    Miles, hotel points (depending on the account), Amex points if you pay the yearly fee (very worth it)

Overall, I have greatly enjoyed my two and a half years so far with the company. If you work hard and volunteer yourself for projects, you will see appreciation. I do not see myself leaving the company anytime soon.

The job is not for everybody; it is not easy to travel alone and frequently. But, the rewards and opportunities in my opinion make up for this.

Cons

Pay does not reflect the amount of hours and quality of work, and do not account for where you live; promotions only occur once per year as per Deloitte
    Pay is much less than what "real Deloitte" makes
    Upper management does not appreciate the line-level employees; little is done on the HR side if the employee is unhappy with their current situation.

Advice to Management

Culture is important to retention, and it is costly and timely to train new employees. Treat your employees well, and pay well, and they will work hard, and stay.

3. "Customer Experience Consultant"

I have been working at LRA Worldwide full-time

Pros

- The ability to travel - (100% travel)
    - Friendly co-workers
    - 5 weeks Time Off

Cons

- Lack of career growth
    - Last minute scheduling
    - Excessive travel
    - The pay could be better (rarely give out bonuses and if you're lucky, only a 1% pay raise annually)
    - Although LRA is now part of Deloitte, it feels nothing like Deloitte

Advice to Management

- Travel scheduling is very last minute. It would be great to get a heads up about travel more then a week in advance.
    - Communication from managers and the consultants could be improved. Better training, especially when there is a lot of changes to reports and when the consultant is working on a new task.

"the 'by Deloitte' pet name"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA

I worked at LRA Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Coworkers
    - PTO
    - Can put *Deloitte on resume
    - Vacation/Benefits
    - Opportunity for travel

Cons

- Pay
    - Lack of Promotion
    - False Hope
    - Communication
    - Upper Management

I worked full time for close to 5 years and was with the company before being acquired. What was once a small "family orientated" feeling was quickly lost after the transition to Deloitte. The CEO and management staff became distant and stopped caring about the people who were actually helping make the company successful. There were often times where favorites were given promotions/special projects even if they did not deserve it. Actual Deloitte employees would come in and perform LRA tasks but be paid 35%+ greater for performing the same exact roles, and when this was brought up you would get belittled by upper management in front of peers. Losing all of the good employees due to lack of pay raises/bonuses and extremely low pay. An okay job for right out of college, but pay is at, or below, entry level.

Advice to Management

- If you want to be taken seriously, and continue to grow/succeed, pay your employees what they are worth. There were countless times where raises were not provided because we were "over budget" on costs. This is often due to ridiculous projections. There are way too many occasions where we perform a pilot round only to lose the business, or reduce the contracted price to such a low rate there is no way to make money.
    - Value your employees and offer incentive to actually want to work.
    - Treat everyone the same and offer promotions to those who are actually fit for the job, not just favorites.

"You are Just a Number"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager

I worked at LRA Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

PTO, Benefits, Air Miles, rental car miles, elite status with hotels, air, and car companies, travel across the country and internationally

Cons

No growth, no professional development, no recognition for hard work, constant micromanagement, constant turnover, unqualified leaders in corporate office, no work/life balance, poor pay scale for amount of work done, clients matter, associates do not

Advice to Management

Deloitte needs to clean house in LRA’s corporate office and get rid of the entitled leadership who can’t see the constant turnover of long-term consultants or what they are doing wrong when it is right in front of them. Don’t be fooled by the “A Deloitte Business,” you do not work for Deloitte, and it will be made clear when you work on a Deloitte Project and an LRA Project. There’s a big difference in quality, training, and appreciation between the two. No raises other than maybe a small yearly bump. You are a number and all they care about are the clients.

"Short Term Only"

I worked at LRA Worldwide (Less than a year)

Pros

smart and driven consulting colleagues, airline/hotel/rental car miles, unlimited PTO, wellness benefits

Cons

no work/life balance, lack of opportunity for growth, poor logistics planning, low budget for flights/hotels/cars when traveling, poor management communication, extremely negative work environment, declining / under preforming company

Advice to Management

Pay your consultants for the amount of work they do for you and you will guaranteed get higher quality work. Accounts are lost and new business is difficult to retain because there is little to no incentive to preform well in this job. No cash bonus or clear path to promotion is given to any employee. Employees are asked to work 12 hour days and submit reports on the weekends. Fly out at 5 am on Monday and get home after midnight on Friday but are still paid well below an average Deloitte consultant. Projects are given to consultants who are available to be warm bodies, management does not regard any previous work experience or interests of their consultants when placing them on "projects", they only care about pleasing a client and will do whatever work asked even if it is trivial and insulting to an experienced consultant in order to make money for themselves.

Management and consultants are chosen/promoted on a basis of favoritism. It does not matter what your previous experience is or if you have a high preforming track record, all that matters is if you're well liked by upper level management and "popular" within the company. This leads to management being under-trained and qualified. They do not care about their team of consultants because they did not have to do the job themselves before being handed the job. Having only 1 HR personnel to oversee an entire field of consultants is unrealistic and hurts the overall talent/growth of employees within the company because they do not receive the mentor ship or guidance needed to progress in their career.

"Not appreciated"

I have been working at LRA Worldwide full-time

Pros

The travel, benefits, you get new equipment every two years. You can keep your low budget airline and hotel points.

Cons

-your reports are criticized and picked apart daily and the managers and admins can alter your answers whenever they want based on if they want the reports to pass or fail the client
    - when you receive an email from the admin after they alter your report at least 5 others are copied and it is a degrading feeling
    - you receive a weekly score card on how many alterations were made to your report. (Note that the admins can change a report whenever they like and you will receive a deduction for something as minuscule as not using a comma)
    - the admins make a game of how many “mistakes” they find when proofing your reports
    - you are expected to book the cheapest flights regardless of which low-budget airline and prolonged travel time you must encounter
    - in addition, even if you are a six foot, 250 plus pound individual do not take a complimentary car rental upgrade because that will increase gas consumption and you will be reprimanded for doing so and condescendingly reminded to book only economy cars to help keep costs down. (Again no regard that you will be driving that car for 12 days with the potential of putting on over 1,000 miles, but let’s keep that gas cost down!)
    - you will be praised for flying the cheap seats and keeping costs low but will never be praised for your hard work and dedication
    - you will be told to not expect a raise
    - there is no mentoring to shape and develop you for a promotional role
    - you may receive a meal per diem as low as $15 a day where a “real” Deloitte employee receives $75 regardless of what account they are on (If you are lucky enough to get a larger meal per diem you are encouraged not to use it but it will most certainly never be $75) I was actually questioned as to why I spent my entire per diem.
    - you are expected to travel up to 12 days at a time with no extra time off at home. Of course this is to help save the company money, it has nothing to do with productivity. And they will give you one day per weekend off but that is while you are on the road so no benefit there because you aren’t even banking any extra days to be taken off while you are home
    - if you happen to come upon a hotel with bedbugs you are told you must stay there and simply ask the front desk to be move you to the other end of the hotel
    - even though you travel 100% of the time and request PTO far in advance they will deny you at anytime. They do not care about a balanced work/life and will thank you for being a “trooper” but again no thanks for a job well done
    - even if you work over 40 hours in four days and the company does not have work for you on the fifth day, you need to use PTO
    - you will have send in copies of your time and expense to your supervisor; however, “real” Deloitte employees do not need to
    - Lastly, you are treated as an individual who barely completed their GED rather than an individual that possesses a Bachelors Degree, although a Bachelors is a requirement for this company.
    -the list can go on and on.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees as you treat all “real” Deloitte employees.

8. "Quality Assurance Consultant"

I worked at LRA Worldwide full-time

Pros

Full Autonomy; lots of travel

Cons

No Cons during my time there

9. "Advisory Consultant"

I have been working at LRA Worldwide full-time

Pros

Travel throughout the country and ability to make great connections

Cons

Travel gets exhausting quickly, no life outside of the company

"LRA is ruining Deloitte’s reputation"

Former Employee - Executive Trainer in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Executive Trainer in Detroit, MI

I worked at LRA Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can earn travel and hotel points.

Cons

This company left me with an American Express bill of over $1800. Unorganized and underpaid.

Advice to Management

It is unethical to leave employees with debt especially when the debt is from travel expenses related to your company’s business.