LRP Publications Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kenneth Kahn

1. "Sales"

I worked at LRP Publications full-time

Pros

Great team to work with.

Cons

Expectations were off and there's clear favorites.

2. "Proofreader"

Current Employee - Proofreader in Lake Worth, FL
    Current Employee - Proofreader in Lake Worth, FL

I have been working at LRP Publications full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of vacation time, 6 paid sick days, several company events/lectures, bonus for recruiting employees

Cons

No upward advancement within dept., lateral moves discouraged, small annual pay raises (i.e.- .25), strict badge & time clock policies

Advice to Management

Consider forgoing some of the company events to pay better wages & give better recognition to senior employees.

"Great starter employer"

Pros

Great starter job as a new professional.

Cons

If you are looking for advancement, seek elsewhere.

"Marketing Coordinator"

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I worked at LRP Publications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Casual attire environment and the location maybe, that's all I can think of. There are no other pros at LRP Publications.

Cons

Where do I begin? Favoritism, nepotism, private company, low pay, crapy raises and there is more to say but I will keep it at that. Upper management sees this position as the lower rank in the department and as a result treat you like a second class citizen no matter what accomplishment you achieve. There is no career development and zero opportunity for growth. The turnover rate is 100% for a department of only 7 people because this is not a good environment to work in. If you are not part of the "circle," then you are screwed and to be part of the circle you have to do a lot kissing up and even with all the kissing up, upper management will still blame you if something is not in their favor.

Advice to Management

Treat others as you would like to be treated

"nepotism high, pay low"

Pros

I was able to meet and work with some wonderful people.

Cons

The company is run by the President's family and the people who kiss up to the family. The annual reviews are met with laughable "pay raises" even though salaries are low compared to the market to begin with.

Advice to Management

At least give cost of living raises, make more qualified people management.

"Uneven company"

Pros

The Horsham-Pa based operations are more forward-thinking and successful. Risk & Insurance is the industry leader and has improved dramatically in the last 10 years.

Cons

Conflict between the Fla. headquarters and Horsham operations. The industry is vastly changing. Successful trade show operation based in Florida.
    Internal family/company ownership issues create inconsistent management and financial performance.

"My viewpoint"

Pros

Several terrific people, both personally and professionally. They provide strong support in a very difficult environment.

Cons

It's a privately owned company run by a family. The founder is a good person surrounded by inept, selfish and nasty family members. The only reason for their high standing in the company is their family relationship, and they actually take pleasure in their reputation for nastiness. Another huge con is the low salary scale. After leaving the company I earned a 60% salary increase. Work here if you need the experience but get out as fast as you can.

Advice to Management

Don't cater to inept and nasty family members.

"Don't work here, or you'll go home crying!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA

I worked at LRP Publications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Monday - Friday schedule with normal business hours. Casual dress allowed.

Cons

The pay was low, in my opinion, for a job that asked for a college degree. No issues with performance were ever mentioned until the annual review and then were all brought out at once. Reprimanded by my manager for something that I did once, which manager admitted to doing from time to time. So, why is ok for some people, but not others? The position was salaried, but employees had to swipe into a time clock. The full-time hours state in the handbook were 37.5 per week, but employees were reprimanded if they didn't work 40 hours. Employees were encouraged to be project oriented and not watch the clock. If a project required hours of work, due to the slow database, employees would have been there all night! There needs to be a stopping point. If you needed to come in late or leave early for something, like a doctor's appointment, you were expected to make up that time within that pay period. Managers micromanaged all the time. If reports were run, managers ran them also to compare our numbers and never informed employees of any errors. If you didn't give the impression that you were "Team LRP" and envisioned yourself working there the rest of your life, you were treated like crap. After a coworker was fired, the others at her level were told that the firing was because it was found out that coworker was looking for another job (not true - that's not the reason that person was fired) as a scare tactic for the rest of us. All of us would cry when we went home. It was a thankless job where little was learned, other than how to NOT motivate people.

Advice to Management

Don't micromanage, and treat your staff with more respect. Mentor them instead of putting them down and address issues as they arise, not all at once at their annual review. If you show them that they're important, maybe they'll want to work a little harder and turnover won't be so bad.

"Fantastic Place to Work"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I worked at LRP Publications full-time

Pros

The people in my department were all awesome. The workload was steady. Management helped me grow professionally and was receptive to feedback to improve our products. The camaraderie and collaboration that was happening in my department made it a joy to go to work most days.
    As to all the negative reviews on here, a job is what you make of it. Management is going to keep doing what they are doing unless you speak up. If your concern is something that is reasonable -- they will address it. I know because I've witnessed it.
    And no, I wasn't asked to write this. I just want to send a message to someone who might be discouraged by all these negative reviews: Don't be. Because I was myself at one point. And now I realize that none of those things hold a candle to the good things that are happening at LRP, especially in my department.

Cons

It's quiet sometimes, but you get used to it. The CEO was not very engaging.

Advice to Management

I honestly would say do exactly what you are doing. And maybe loosen up just a bit.

"Simple Math - 98% Turnover"

Former Employee - Sales in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Former Employee - Sales in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I worked at LRP Publications full-time

Pros

LRP presents its pro's as; work/life balance, casual dress code and generous time off. Those are somewhat true. The casual dress code is accurate.

Cons

While the hours are mostly decent, you are treated like a 5 year old who can't manage your own time while there. Every second is watched and you are told when you can and can't take lunch. This leads you to become a clock watcher like them, which is a shame. Most employees who are treated with respect and given the freedom to do what they need to do will give more for the company than is required. And the decent amount of days off you earn becomes necessary for you to take in order not to walk out the door because of the craziness of the place. The churn and burn philosophy of this company, and the complete lack of respect ownership and management have for their employees is so bad the turnover rate in sales is 98% and the stories that are shared from people being verbally abused are lengthy. Have an exit plan if you work here, you'll need it.

Advice to Management

Try to hide your disdain for the people who have made you lots of money. Ownership and management both.