LRP Publications Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "editor"

Current Employee - Editor in Horsham, PA
    Current Employee - Editor in Horsham, PA

I have been working at LRP Publications full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedule, recently renovated office, relatively generous vacation time

Cons

Time and attendance system, lack of training for managers, zero transparency

Advice to Management

Embrace transparency, improve your communication skills, express greater appreciation for your employees.

2. "I love coming to work every day!!!"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Horsham, PA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Horsham, PA

I have been working at LRP Publications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

37 hour work week with flexible hours, lots of time off, really nice people, a lot of employees have been here over 20 years. The people complaining on this site are mostly sales people or entitled, whiny children. I went into this job scared to death because of the reviews I read on this site, but I'm SO glad I made the decision to join this team. A job is what you make it, and all work has cons or else it wouldn't be called work! If you are willing to work hard and don't expect to earn a full time paycheck for sitting on the couch, you will like it.

Cons

They do monitor your hours with a key card, benefits are not the greatest, no work from home

Advice to Management

Allow employees to manage their own time and they will go the extra mile for you.

"Low Rent Publications"

Current Employee - Copy Editor
    Current Employee - Copy Editor

I have been working at LRP Publications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Located in beautiful South Florida.

Cons

Awful family business who treats everyone as a jerk and a thief.
    Family run IT department that spies on everyone.
    Brutal and unfair rules for everyone not part of KK's family.
    Bizarre time clock watching.
    Unless you are very desperate I would stay away.

Advice to Management

Why bother talking to them??

"Proofreader"

Current Employee - Proofreader in Lake Worth, FL
    Current Employee - Proofreader in Lake Worth, FL

I have been working at LRP Publications full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of vacation time, 6 paid sick days, several company events/lectures, bonus for recruiting employees

Cons

No upward advancement within dept., lateral moves discouraged, small annual pay raises (i.e.- .25), strict badge & time clock policies

Advice to Management

Consider forgoing some of the company events to pay better wages & give better recognition to senior employees.

"Great starter employer"

Pros

Great starter job as a new professional.

Cons

If you are looking for advancement, seek elsewhere.

"nepotism high, pay low"

Pros

I was able to meet and work with some wonderful people.

Cons

The company is run by the President's family and the people who kiss up to the family. The annual reviews are met with laughable "pay raises" even though salaries are low compared to the market to begin with.

Advice to Management

At least give cost of living raises, make more qualified people management.

7. "Sales"

I worked at LRP Publications full-time

Pros

Great team to work with.

Cons

Expectations were off and there's clear favorites.

"Uneven company"

Pros

The Horsham-Pa based operations are more forward-thinking and successful. Risk & Insurance is the industry leader and has improved dramatically in the last 10 years.

Cons

Conflict between the Fla. headquarters and Horsham operations. The industry is vastly changing. Successful trade show operation based in Florida.
    Internal family/company ownership issues create inconsistent management and financial performance.

"My viewpoint"

Pros

Several terrific people, both personally and professionally. They provide strong support in a very difficult environment.

Cons

It's a privately owned company run by a family. The founder is a good person surrounded by inept, selfish and nasty family members. The only reason for their high standing in the company is their family relationship, and they actually take pleasure in their reputation for nastiness. Another huge con is the low salary scale. After leaving the company I earned a 60% salary increase. Work here if you need the experience but get out as fast as you can.

Advice to Management

Don't cater to inept and nasty family members.

"Don't work here, or you'll go home crying!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA

I worked at LRP Publications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Monday - Friday schedule with normal business hours. Casual dress allowed.

Cons

The pay was low, in my opinion, for a job that asked for a college degree. No issues with performance were ever mentioned until the annual review and then were all brought out at once. Reprimanded by my manager for something that I did once, which manager admitted to doing from time to time. So, why is ok for some people, but not others? The position was salaried, but employees had to swipe into a time clock. The full-time hours state in the handbook were 37.5 per week, but employees were reprimanded if they didn't work 40 hours. Employees were encouraged to be project oriented and not watch the clock. If a project required hours of work, due to the slow database, employees would have been there all night! There needs to be a stopping point. If you needed to come in late or leave early for something, like a doctor's appointment, you were expected to make up that time within that pay period. Managers micromanaged all the time. If reports were run, managers ran them also to compare our numbers and never informed employees of any errors. If you didn't give the impression that you were "Team LRP" and envisioned yourself working there the rest of your life, you were treated like crap. After a coworker was fired, the others at her level were told that the firing was because it was found out that coworker was looking for another job (not true - that's not the reason that person was fired) as a scare tactic for the rest of us. All of us would cry when we went home. It was a thankless job where little was learned, other than how to NOT motivate people.

Advice to Management

Don't micromanage, and treat your staff with more respect. Mentor them instead of putting them down and address issues as they arise, not all at once at their annual review. If you show them that they're important, maybe they'll want to work a little harder and turnover won't be so bad.