LTI Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Aircraft mechanic"

Current Employee - Aircraft Mechanic in Potsdam, NY
    Current Employee - Aircraft Mechanic in Potsdam, NY

I have been working at LTI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Absolutely a professional company. Owner Randy LaValley is the best boss ( leader) I've ever had, this includes my 10 years military life.

Cons

The duty day ends at 5pm

Advice to Management

None. Thank you for working together.

2. "Great company to work and settle down when in India"

I have been working at LTI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good diversity of projects to work with and enhance your technology skills, Management is easily reachable via Facebook@LTI. Very good COO. CEO hardly interacts, but COO is very much reachable.

Cons

Appraisal process, few outdated policies like onsite allowances, shift allowances, work life balance.

Advice to Management

Please pre-pone the appraisal cycle. Also, people should be promoted based on capabilities and not based on how much close that person is to the Delivery head.

3. "Good"

I have been working at LTI full-time

Pros

It is a good Comp

Cons

There are not much projects to do

4. "Great company to work for"

Former Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I worked at LTI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunities, great management and people

Cons

salaries are a bit lower but the benefits are great

Advice to Management

please consider good hikes and better salary packages

5. "Business Analyst"

I worked at LTI full-time

Pros

Great growth,if you are willing to learn.

Cons

Nothing in particular ,i liked working here

6. "IT Project Manager"

I have been working at LTI full-time

Pros

Great opportunities and support by team members.

Cons

Need better hierarchy for communication.

7. "Software Engineer"

I worked at LTI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free evening snacks, gym, recreational area, heart of the city location.

Cons

Try to get visibility of the team/manager background/nature of the job/future career growth during interviews/before accepting an offer.

Advice to Management

Try to break down the typical hierarchy structure of management, create some forums where in employees can share anonymous feedback. Another thought, get employee feedback which would be considered in managers appraisal the same way managers feedback considered for team appraisal.

8. "Competitive salary"

I worked at LTI full-time

Pros

Projects and clients were good

Cons

The salary was not as par with the standards

9. "Account Manager"

I have been working at LTI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Challenging Environment, Lot to Learn, Inspiring Senior Management

Cons

Scaling, Investment in People, Investment in New Technology

Advice to Management

They are doing well and have got the company to a level where it was never before and continue to do that

10. "Senior Technical Consultant"

Former Employee - Senior Technical Consultant
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Consultant

I worked at LTI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very good salary and benefits for this type of company.

Cons

Their employee contract explicitly states that 8 hour work days are guaranteed, but that is simply not true. Attending numerous late night meetings and completing dozens of hours of mandatory training requires employees to work outside those hours - for free. At best, workers are guaranteed to 8 client hours a day... if not more.

Managers will frequently wait until the last minute to assign tasks, usually dumping their work on subordinates. I was told on more than one Friday to work through the weekend to finish up something for my boss. Again, this was not paid labor.

They specialize in the "tried and true." Consequently, those employees with novel approaches will be constantly chastised - "it doesn't work like that!" Pro tip: before recommending any solution to the client, make sure that your reporting manager understands it. However, don't be surprised when he or she takes full credit for your ideas.

Likewise, some of the subject matter experts at LTI lack expertise in their field. They may be fine with conventional problems, but struggle with anything else.

LTI uses convoluted approaches to internal management, often utilizing an overabundance of counter-intuitive systems. For example, employees have to fill out four different time sheets across three different web applications.

Their HR personnel and low-level managers are overworked. When I had questions about how to fill out one of my time sheets, I asked two individuals from Human Resources - including the person conducting on-boarding. I also asked my team lead and all three of my reporting managers. All of them just directed me to the others, sending me around in circles. I didn't receive an actual answer until months later... when I was being admonished for incorrectly filling out my time sheets.

LTI frequently threatens to dock paid time off as a means to discipline employees.

Somewhat recently, LTI decided that they need more diversity in their company - they are seeking to hire local citizens of the United States. Understandably, many Indian workers at LTI feel like they are losing their jobs to "locals." This is causing friction between employees. Locals are treated as honored guests by the higher-ups at LTI, while colleagues and low-level managers seem to be on a crusade to prove that Indians are the superior work force (and the rest of us are just incompetent). Fortunately, not everyone there is like that.

Finally, I was constantly harassed by my boss and a few colleagues for not sharing personal information. I tried to redirect the conversations, but that didn't seem to work. It's like they just didn't seem to get that my lifestyle choices and sexual orientation are really none of their business.

Advice to Management

Many are being bullied out of the company for being U.S. citizens. It is an unavoidable consequence of LTI diversifying - people are afraid of losing their jobs. While LTI will almost certainly eventually overcome it, they can still avoid at least a few headaches during this transition.

First, they can find other ways than docking PTO to discipline employees. Failure to do so may result in costly lawsuits.

Second, it may not be a good idea to require employees to work so much overtime for free...

Showing 2,549 of 2,609 reviews