LVI Boston Account Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Outstanding Opportunity!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Braintree, MA

Pros

I will never be able to repay what this company has provided me with. I interned here for the summer and I can tell you right now that I am a much different and better version of myself today than what I was when I first started. To be completely honest I have learned more in 3 months of working with Ben and the crew than I have in 2 years of college. Excellent atmosphere and working environment followed by an opportunity that can not be matched by anything else out there. The negative comments on any business of this nature are from the people who did not put the work in or did not realize the opportunity that they had in front of them. Every day is a different day with challenges and hurdles but you get through it AS A TEAM. The best part about this company is the too notch people who work there. The relationships that I have made with them inside and outside of the office are forever lasting. I could NOT have asked for anything better than this as an intern because it got me the experience I need and pushed me to my limits and then some!

3 things that they model their business after:
    Character
    Integrity
    Honesty

If you have fun, work hard and follow the system YOU WILL OPEN UP YOUR OWN OFFICE!

Cons

No cons just the excuses you allow yourself to make.

Advice to Management

Ben is the most selfless person I have ever met in my entire life. This guy will literally go out of his way for you for ANYTHING even if it's not work related.

Amanda is the best of the best when it comes to keeping the office in line and recruiting. Without her the office simply would not be where it is today.

2. "Experience at LVI BOSTON"

Former Intern - Account Manager in Braintree, MA
    Former Intern - Account Manager in Braintree, MA

I worked at LVI Boston as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

As every entry level employee, i also began at an account manager position. My prior objective to work at LVI BOSTON was to gain some work experience. My opportunity here allowed me to gain first hand experience, an experience that i wouldn't simply receive from sitting behind at a desk in an office. During the training process, the LVI team's objective is to instill basic knowledge and skills that i would require in the real world experience. Once i was independent and all ready to explore the field on my own, i was aware of my strengths and weaknesses. I was not only able to improve on my communicative skills but also developed an "open-minded" mindset. The idea that the the team tries to promote account managers to a higher role, where employees take up more leadership and entrepreneurial roles is just fantastic. By the end of my experience i realized how i grew, both socially and professionally. What i can confidently say is that i had "best of both worlds". This is because i experienced two weeks in the field and upon request i also worked in the human resource department where i gained technical and writing skills. My first form of writing for a press release was published by the company. There is always room for growth and improvement here. I am able to say that these skills will help me further in my career and will be applicable someday when i am able to manage a company of my own.
    One more factor that is important in every office is the environment in which one works in. The work atmosphere here in the office is just so welcoming and entertaining. Every morning when i walked in to the office, the team is always energetic and always smiling. They play morning games in order to loosen up a little, build a positive attitude as well as build relationships with each other. They continue to do this on something we call "team nights", twice in a week. This gives people an opportunity to interact with all the members on the campaign. As the youngest of all, i never considered age to be a problem because my colleagues never treated me differently. They provided me with all the help i needed in order to accomplish what i was here for. I have realized that believing in myself and having a positive attitude will take me very far in life. I not only thank Ben, Amanda and Shannon for guiding me but also the other members of LVI for setting a good example for me. I do plan to follow their footsteps to become a successful leader one day. The team of LVI believes in giving back to the community. What impressed me is that they participated in the Operation Smile event and donated money to the children that are diagnosed with cleft lips.

Cons

Sometimes the territory may be a bit far so while traveling back, the person may end up arriving after working hours, considering traffic. However this is not necessary or applicable to every employee.

"Don't waste your time"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA

Pros

Lots of training to get you ready to be on your own in the field. Fun atmosphere in the office.

Cons

Wasnt up front about the position at all. Have to work a ton of hours just to make average money at best. It all comes down to you're a door to door salesman and nothing more.

Advice to Management

Be more honest with your employees from the beginning about the position and pay.

"Best experience"

Current Employee - Accounts Manager in Braintree, MA
    Current Employee - Accounts Manager in Braintree, MA

I have been working at LVI Boston full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everything about this company is fantastic. From the growth opportunity to the people that you work with everyday. They find a way to make work not feel like work. There wasn't a single day that I woke up dreading that I had to work that day. They have team nights where there are networking opportunities in a casual setting with other people and its based on an environment where everyone is equal and has a teaching mentality with an open door policy. Everyone has each others best interest at heart and even though they work competitively they never work to tear one another down.

Cons

The days can be long but the way that the company works them out to be they seem to fly by.

Advice to Management

Ben, keep doing what you are doing!

"Great opportunity that helped propel me to hit my goals in life and business"

I worked at LVI Boston full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Before starting at LVI in the Summer of 2013 I had been out of school for 2 years, bounced around working from bar to bar and really had no idea as to what I was looking for career-wise. However, after the coaching and training I received from everyone there, I was able to use the skills I developed to start own software development company this past spring. This would have not been possible without the concentration on goal setting, revenue generation, and focus on bettering my interpersonal relationships both with my co-workers and customers. Promotion within the company to management is available to those who desire it and put in the necessary effort, but there is lots to be learned from the team at LVI even if your goals lie elsewhere.

Cons

Although my goals did end up lying elsewhere, if diving head first into an opportunity that can change the course of your life and being committed to the time it takes to do so, it's not really a con, it's just what it takes to be successful.

"Great experience, a ton of business lessons and opportunities with LVI"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Braintree, MA

I worked at LVI Boston full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I learned so much in the year and a half I worked there and made so many great relationships and friends. Being both inside and outside the office, it was a close group of adults who knew when to buckle down and close some apps. There is room for growth within the company which brings out the best work ethic and attitude in people, including myself. The training program for LVI was incredible in which they allow you to go out with current employees, with experience. You get shown the right way to go about this work and some things that might not work. Overall my experience was incredible and wouldn't change that year and a half for anything!

Cons

Sometimes the territories are a bit far and you need to put a ton of hours in, but what good business doesn't have a few cons. Being successful in this business depends a lot on relationships, so crew night and team night take up some times after work, but a blast none the less.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and motivation. The office culture is top notch, with the employees personal commitment to quality is obvious in everything they do.

"Hardest thing I've ever done but I did learn the most"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Braintree, MA

I have been working at LVI Boston full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I learned more in one month here than I did in 4 years of school. I had a lot of fun both inside and outside the office. Got promoted 2 weeks after starting

Cons

The hours are long and the work is hard. It takes a strong willed person to push through the rough to get to the green.

Advice to Management

Push the pace. Figure out who is willing to work and who is not. If you're lazy and not willing to work hard this job is a waste of time.

"Outside B2B sales position with a great opportunity if you stick it out longer than everyone else"

I worked at LVI Boston full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The environment was great. You will never have an environment that is more supportive than people who want you to succeed.

You also play games every morning in order to get the energy level up (great for non-morning people :))

Two ball....enough said

Cons

If performance-based salary is not for you, go somewhere else.... Unless you work hard at it and manage your finances.

If you have a car, you will be using it...a lot. Make sure it is well maintained. If it is a "gas-guzzler" trade it in now....no, seriously...do it.

Advice to Management

Understand that associations with people in any environment are what shape your overall appearance, production, and goals. However, if these associations are forced, and there is no connection between the people in that relationship, it was bound to fail at the start.

There is a difference between "well, they didn't fit in" and "well, we didn't try to hang out with them"

Bonus incentives for contests (scavenger hunts, etc.) were fun. I wish there were more of them...they help motivation and morale

Although some may struggle then survive, sometimes a team day will help them discover what they may have been doing wrong... you shouldn't have to earn a team day, even when you are not performing well. It's like saying, "on you're drowning? try swimming" when you might not have the best swim stroke

"Great experience, character building, life lessons, all in one"

I worked at LVI Boston full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Merit based in a world where you rarely hear that in any aspect of life anymore. A support system like no other, all employees are more than willing to bend over backwards, whether you've worked there for a day or a year. Anyone would feel welcomed, a great place for someone just moving to the city to kick start a great career and great relationships all at once. Lastly, my personal favorites were limitless growth and opportunity to travel all over the U.S.

Cons

Not to be cliche and say "there are no cons", but I will be honest and say that there are very few. Hours are long, but with the opportunity the company gives you, it may seem less than what it should be, but I also don't think I'll ever be a morning person so that's just lazy me.

10. "A Job and a Life Experience"

Former Employee - Entry Level Account Manager in Braintree, MA
    Former Employee - Entry Level Account Manager in Braintree, MA

I worked at LVI Boston full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic opportunity in a merit-based industry, limitless upward mobility, fantastic crew, well-refined structure, and an ingrained support system that ensures each employee gets exactly what they need from the business. The personal benefits are vast, the compensation is fair and potentially quite large, and the atmosphere is welcoming. Highest recommendations.

Cons

Commission pay isn't for every one, and the work that is done here requires the utmost attention and dedication for success. It's really, really difficult work.

Advice to Management

Keep it up, guys! Your dedication and skill shouldn't be in question to anyone who's had the pleasure of sharing an office with you!