LW Consulting Inc Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
  1. "Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at LW Consulting Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

Consistently having the opportunity to make significant improvements to operations for my clients and improving the life of their residents. Having worked in operations for many years, it was difficult at times to make the impact that was needed within the budget restrictions that often limit the ability of long-term care facilities. I have been able to save clients time and money, while improving their current... systems. There is a level of satisfaction that was missing for me in my previous career.

Cons

Having worked in operations, it is difficult for me to consult and not get my hands dirty. Consulting runs at a different pace than operations within the facility.

Advice to Management

Continue to challenge the team, and market our abilities to the industry.

LW Consulting Inc 2018-08-20
  2. "Great Culture"

I have been working at LW Consulting Inc full-time

Pros

Open environment and culture, employees encouraged to communicate. Good pay and benefits/time off.

Cons

Consulting is fast paced with changing priorities. Not for everyone. Can be long hours at times to get the work done.

Advice to Management

Continue to look internally to develop skills to promote from within.

LW Consulting Inc 2018-08-10
  3. "Neutral"

I worked at LW Consulting Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone worked very hard individually. If you like independent work with very little interaction with your team, this would work out well for you. Everyone is different and enjoys different work environments, this is an extremely quite one. Great benefits.

Cons

Very hard to get to know your co-workers. No one seemed to enrage with one another. It is very easy to feel alone or lonely working here.

Advice to Management

Encourage more interaction with employees. Try to make the culture more upbeat.

LW Consulting Inc 2018-08-22
  4. "Consultant"

Former Employee - Consultant in Rockville, MD

I worked at LW Consulting Inc full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Learned a great deal regarding the consulting and IRO industry. Befriended a few wonderful and inspiring individuals.

Cons

I did not know what a fear-based workplace was the first time I started working in one. At first, I thought the problem was me. Maybe I didn't have the right clothes or know the right business jargon. I walked on eggshells at work. I went home anxious and discouraged every night. Gradually it dawned on me that it wasn't just me. My co-workers were uptight, too. No one was having a good time in our workplace. At LW... everyone is focused on their daily sales goals, billable goals and utilization goals. They must be because if they missed any goals, they would be ridiculed in front of our peers or worse, lose their job. The managers, especially, specialize in assigning work, measuring results, punishing infractions and maintaining order. The LW employees are afraid to tell the truth because they already know no one wants to hear it. How did they know this? It's obvious, because the biggest truth of all - namely, "The culture is horrible, and bad things happen to employees who say so" is never acknowledged. It is the elephant in the room. At LW, the employees wonder whether they'll still have a job next week. A great performance review or an on-the-job triumph does not guarantee anyone another week of employment. LW employees work under a cloud of fear and suspicion. Peers are forced to superficially recognize their teams through “Kudos”, because if they don’t a nasty emails. At LW following rules and avoiding blame are every employee’s top priorities. Collaborating, experimenting and having fun do not make the list. If there is a company mission statement on the wall, (which there is not) no one cares about it: the only mission employees can focus on is "Don't screw up!" LW’s environment is superficial and fake, managers talk about collaboration and out-of-the-box thinking but no one takes them seriously. You cannot get collaboration or new ideas from beaten-down employees. In LW’s culture, employees disappear without warning. When someone disappears, employees speak their names in whispers if they mention them at all. At LW the smartest and most capable employees don't get promoted. The people who get promoted are the ones who most wholeheartedly embrace the fear-based culture. In LW’s fear-based environment, the hardest thing to do is to stay human. When you keep your sense of humor, your warmth and your confidence despite the cloud of fear, you can expect to be labeled 'unprofessional' or worse.

Advice to Management

To gain a better understanding of LW’s leadership strengths and weaknesses, the leaders of LW must take a good long look at themselves through the eyes of others. How you see yourselves is often very different from how you appear to others. Actions you believe reflect decisive or confident characteristics come across as controlling or arrogant. Understanding how direct reports perceive you can give you all valuable... insights into your leadership behavior and help you become more effective leaders and who will be better able to embrace and adapt to change. In the “real” world, not LW’s world, people expect to be persuaded rather than compelled, and LW leaders need a high level of emotional intelligence to be able to understand and manage their own, and LW’s employees’ emotional responses if they hope to build culturally, intellectually and functionally diverse (and virtual) team able to stimulate creativity. Unfortunately, LW’s leaders lack this self-knowledge. You are not very reflective of your actions; you may even suffer from hubris, lacking a sense of humility that allows you to clearly see where their weaknesses lie and this is sad because LW will never be anything then what it is...

LW Consulting Inc 2018-07-05
  5. "Negative Experience"

Former Employee - Project Support Specialist/Receptionist in Harrisburg, PA

I worked at LW Consulting Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

Learned a lot about CMS regulations and long-term care Enjoyed proofing and writing and creating PowerPoint Presentations Benefits were good for small organization

Cons

Culture was dysfunctional and negative Low hourly wage "People" management undesirable Executive leadership and CEO are out of touch Limited, if any, growth opportunities Lack of support for learning and education Bullying Toxic people Micromanagement Favoritism Unprofessional behavior, harassment and hostility are tolerated Firing and laying off employees with no severance Employees are not valued

Advice to Management

Hire a consulting company to perform an objective employee satisfaction and workplace evaluation, and then implement recommendations. Value your employees to reduce turnover by providing a realistic and individualized career pathway. Do not engage in and tolerate unprofessional behavior. Stop micromanaging.

LW Consulting Inc 2018-06-28
  6. "Chief Operating Officer"

I have been working at LW Consulting Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

Love the people and the passion for excellence

Cons

Long hours at times; travel

Advice to Management

Stay the course

LW Consulting Inc 2016-08-12
  7. "Principal"

Current Employee - Principal in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at LW Consulting Inc full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Learning culture, diversity in projects.

Cons

Not all the perks of a bigger company.

LW Consulting Inc 2015-06-29