LWG Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0
Bob Wedoff

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A great place to become World-Class"

Former Employee - Vice President/Chief Executive Officer in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Vice President/Chief Executive Officer in San Antonio, TX

I worked at LWG Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It was the privilege of my life to serve at LWG. Bob Wedoff assembled an incredible team of highly talented people (just like you read about in Jim Collins Good to Great), and we all did what we do best. We built an incredible business in North America, built the leading business in Canada, built the only business in Latin America, and were in process of building an incredible European and Asian business as well. There was a good training system in place, we build an incredible marketing system, the IT infrastructure was World-Class, and we were in process of ramping both the engineering and sales teams to "world-class" stature.

Cons

The good training system needs to be upgraded to "great" to train "world-class experts."

2. "Unethical"

Former Employee - Senior Complex Loss Consultant in Cary, NC

I worked at LWG Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent training opportunities, I trained many and enjoyed the opportunity to do so.

Cons

They did not live up to their recruiting "sales pitch". Get promises in writing ... just because the business relies on integrity, don't think that Human Resource promises mean anything unless you have them in writing. Mine did not. I was never given the job responsibilities I was assured which was why I left being a single practitioner to begin with. I was asked to just go ahead and confirm adjuster claims without proper investigation in the interest to expedite completion and invoicing ... I would not! I was not paid earned commissions as promised unless I signed a completely false statement releasing them of any wrongdoing ... I would not. My personal notes and handbook were mysteriously removed from my office thus not enabling me to substantiate documenting their recruiting claims. Coaching from senior management was basically unethical direction to be followed ... or else!

Advice to Management

Straighten out the unethical practices mentioned above because it will eventually catch up to you.

3. "Growth opportunities for goal-minded, hard working individuals abound!"

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President, Marketing in Northbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Assistant Vice President, Marketing in Northbrook, IL

Pros

Clear and open communication channels across all levels and divisions of the organization.
    Extremely intelligent top management that continually looks to promote and grow from within; provides excellent guidance, mentoring and growth opportunities for eager, hard-working and motivated individuals.
    Company is in an incredible growth phase and the work we do is extremely interesting.
    Dedicated to internal staff development and this is paying dividends.

Cons

While employees who put in exceptional efforts are rewarded, this can be challenging/busy.

Advice to Management

Continue to build the team from within, be resourceful with internal capabilities.

4. "Exciting time to be a part of LWG"

Current Employee - Operations
    Current Employee - Operations

I have been working at LWG Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management understands the industry, which adds a sense of security.
    The company is growing.
    The work is fascinating.
    Management is transparent...they live their culture and values.
    Co-workers are awesome, good people doing important work.

Cons

Sometimes more guidance is needed...it's nice to have freedom and not be micromanaged but that has limits.

Advice to Management

Keep being transparent and keep thinking of your employees first...it is appreciated.

5. "Great place to make a career with smart down to earth hard working people"

Current Employee - Director of Information Technology in Northbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Director of Information Technology in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at LWG Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You will definitely be challenged at LWG there is something new to do everyday. This requires you to be self motivated but the trade off is very little micro management. The people here are fantastic and incredibly hard working and service oriented both internally and externally. The company has amazing leadership and vision which flows from our leader Bob Wedoff who has really created an environment where we can all be successful.

Flexible
    Leverages the latest in technology
    Safe positive work environment
    Hard working and dedicated team
    Very Strong Senior Leadership
    Great Benefits and Competitive Compensation
    Lots of opportunities to learn and develop your skills through formal and informal means.
    Stable and growing at a good pace
    Annual Celebration where all employees across the world meet and share in our successes from the previous year as well as brain storm for the future.
    Very transparent as far as performance and revenue
    Management is easy to talk to

Cons

None really it can get busy, but if you put in the hard work you are rewarded.

Advice to Management

Keep implementing the strategy that has made LWG a success.

6. "A great place for those who want to work had at something they enjoy"

I have been working at LWG Consulting full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

From a technical point of view there is really no end to the things we see and/or get to work on. We get to work on projects locally, but also all around the world. For an engineer it can be very satisfying to see so many pieces of equipment from such different industries.

Cons

Have to be ok with travel, sometimes on very short notice. Client's are the focus over everything so when the client's want something, you have to deliver. Even if that means extra work for you. Really the down side to any service focused company.

7. "The biggest disappointment of my career"

Former Employee - Senior Complex Loss Consultant in Cary, NC

I worked at LWG Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pros were supposed to be the promises they made prior to joining the company. They actually sought me out, courted me for about 2 months, hired me and took all my personal resources and contacts I spent 10 years developing. The overall I never gave me the job I was led to believe I would get ... and I got booted.

Cons

Not just getting let go ... that was not as bad as how much I was led down for their failure to live up to the claims they made and expectations they laid out..

Advice to Management

Don't make promises you don't intend to keep and don't mislead ...because they make you liars and it will come back to haunt you 10 times over.

8. "I have really enjoyed working for LWG Consulting and have no desire to leave."

I have been working at LWG Consulting full-time

Pros

I am constantly learning and being challenged.
    I get to see different and interesting things and location on a weekly basis.
    Pleasant work environment.
    No micromanaging.
    Get to make my own scheduling

Cons

There is traveling, sometimes on a last minute basis. However people help each other out if conflicts arise. Not a lot of higher management positions, although company is growing.

Advice to Management

Continue the good work, and treat all equally.

"An excellent place to work for the long haul. A career opportunity."

Current Employee - Senior Complex Loss Consultant in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Senior Complex Loss Consultant in Manchester, NH

I have been working at LWG Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You get to work and draw knowledge from a group of engineers with a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. The culture is based on collaboration, excellence of employees and an open door policy with management. The work is exciting and challenging and you will never have the same work two days in a row!

Cons

You will need to travel; sometimes on short notice. Most travel is by car, but sometimes air travel is required. Focus, discipline and having a self starting attitude are required.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

10. "Could not ask for a better place to work for and continue growth in your career!"

I have been working at LWG Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great management , people in the right positions know what they are doing and how to be successful. Something different every day, you will not be bored working for LWG. Numerous office locations provide a range of possibilities for where you could work and also who you work with. Even with all the many locations LWG is one team continuing to grow throughout the world.

Cons

The only con I have come across is needing to be able to travel at the last minute. This is not a surprise however coming into the job.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.