LYFE Kitchen Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Management"

Former Employee - Cashier/Barista in Valencia, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier/Barista in Valencia, CA

I worked at LYFE Kitchen part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There was a great management team and the entire crew was amazing. It was also a good working environment overall.

Cons

They seemed to over staff and so there would sometimes be a lot of down time.

Advice to Management

Schedule a little bit better soo there isn't a lot of staff all at once.

2. "General Manager"

Current Employee - General Manager in Lonetree, CO
    Current Employee - General Manager in Lonetree, CO

I have been working at LYFE Kitchen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The guests are the best part of working at LYFE Kitchen. Building and maintaining lasting guest relations is what drives me.

Cons

Lack of marketing resources has been one of the downfalls working at LYFE.

Advice to Management

Be transparent and honest.

3. "Cashier"

Former Employee - Cashier/Barista in Playa Vista, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier/Barista in Playa Vista, CA

I worked at LYFE Kitchen part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cool area too work in.

Cons

Company needs to reevaluate its wants and needs.

4. "Poor Managing and Illogical Financial Decisions"

I worked at LYFE Kitchen part-time

Pros

The discounts were nice even though the food was expensive. I liked my coworkers. We tried to support each other.

Cons

1. My manager promised that it takes time to get used to being in a restaurant. She fired me and claimed it just wasn't working out.
    2. I was placed on swing shifts and had to work on my own on the second day bc my "trainer" didn't show up.
    3. I was barely trained for about 3 or four days. There was no manual, no official training course or even an official point of reference. The drinks list was in a dirty drink binder or on a piece of laminated paper with the wrong or outdated names.
    4. I had NO idea how to describe my job. I wasn't given a specific job but instead forced to run tables, ring up customers AND make drinks at the same time.
    5. We had at least 4 new people in the two months i worked however I was asked to work at another location.
    6. My manager was upset that I couldn't cover for someone for an extra two hours and I was forced to do so even though i was physically unable to stand longer than I could.
    7. We had 3 managers in one location. One of them gave me directions and directly behind her, the other gave me completely different directions despite knowing i was told to do one thing.
    8. One manager cursed me out because of a mistake I made. She said, "I will talk to you the same way I talk to them back there (in the kitchen)" and proceeded to scold me in the open dining area using the F and S word.
    9. The same manager fired me right next to a table of customers in the Open dining area.
    10. Although I was a beginning trainee, I worked the lunch rush every weekday. Since Im overweight, it often made it difficult for me to run back and forth to get upstairs and downstairs.

Advice to Management

1. If you want a fast food health restaurant, fine. If you want a dine in restaurant, Okay. You cant have both.
    2. Nobody drinks room temperature tap water.
    3. Fast food shouldn't cost 20 dollars for one person. I can get two burritos for the same price as one burger.
    4. Check on your lower rung employees. They will leave if their needs aren't met.
    5. Its cute that you have glassware but there were customers who didnt leave their food at the table. Make your diningware disposable.
    6. If youre out of something like a smoothie ingredient, just tell customers that youre out for now. Restocking during lunch rush to fill ONE order is redoculous.
    7. Why were the parmesean fries and regular fries separate? Just have it under one section and then ask if they want the garlic and stuff on it. its less confusing
    8. Dont let your managers curse at your employees. Theyll be a pain to work under.

5. "crew member"

Pros

The general managers were great, but the other managers switched around too much.

Cons

The employees were extremely rude.

6. "Just skip it"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at LYFE Kitchen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Minimum wage, but if you work fulltime it's doable.

Cons

The BOH employee who was training me continually poked his fingers into the food waiting to be taken out to customers, including after we had cleaned the bathroom. Unprofessional, dishonest, not a great managing staff.

Advice to Management

Perhaps don't fire someone for not taking initiative on their first day, definitely don't fire someone for your own prejudiced reasons but tell them it was for not taking initiative on their first day.

7. "Hectic but positive"

Current Employee - Line Cook in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Line Cook in Memphis, TN

I have been working at LYFE Kitchen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The food and atmosphere are good I have been treated pretty fairly and there is room for innovation so if you have ideas there is a good shot to implement them

Cons

The lack of communication and the shaky financial situation surrounding the company are to be of some concern and raises are hard to come by

Advice to Management

Be more transparent

8. "the little pay is not worth the headache"

Former Employee - Cashier
    Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at LYFE Kitchen part-time (More than a year)

Pros

fun co-workers, I liked the food and drinks served, as well as the healthy eating goals

Cons

the management of my location was pure chaos, lots of turnover, too many people trying to be in charge

9. "Bad Upper Management"

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Chicago, IL

I worked at LYFE Kitchen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They pay well but it's not worth the torture.

Cons

Upper management talks to their employees and managers with zero respect. They throw your salary in your face whenever they feel like it. Assume no responsibilty for their actions. They hire and hire but never properly train prospective managers. In my honest opinion, since the beginning of my employment there, I felt a reverse sexism. Where the men of the company are treated less than fairly. In short, it was a horrible experience that a 'nice' salary can not fix.

Advice to Management

Treat your managers and employees with respect. Learn how to talk like an adult and stop making excuses and own your actions.

10. "Clueless Ownership/Management"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at LYFE Kitchen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The food was at one time decent, now it's subpar at best. The staff was fun to be around. Atmosphere can be fun.

Cons

The worst ownership/management team in the industry. Ownership is clueless to what "fast casual" dining is. Upper management the worst I've seen in my 20 years in food industry and management.

Advice to Management

Sell the company. The Roberts group shouldn't have sold out to the Carlisle Group. They run LYFE like the a fast food restaurant, which should come at no surprise beings they are one of the worlds largest Wendy's franchise owners.