LYFE Marketing Reviews
87% would recommend to a friend
(35 total reviews)
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great Culture!" (in 7 reviews)
- "Management is also very organized and personable." (in 4 reviews)
- "Team is actually a word that I use to describe LYFE often." (in 4 reviews)
- "The company is full of nice people." (in 3 reviews)
- "They give you the leniency to make your own schedule, prioritize and work from home once a week." (in 3 reviews)
- "7) BENEFITS ARE IMPORTANT!" (in 2 reviews)
Ratings by Sexual Orientation
This rating reflects the overall rating of LYFE Marketing and is not affected by filters.
Found 35 of over 38 reviews
Updated Nov 2, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Jun 5, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
The management here is amazing, I always get feedback on my performance and everyone is so helpful. I love the culture and you always get to push yourself here. There is so much structure within the team and I really enjoy what I do!
I don't have any so far!1
- 5.0May 9, 2023Office AdministratorCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsAtlanta, GA
Excellent Company that encourages open and honest communication
I don't have any at this time.
- 5.0Dec 20, 2022Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
LYFE has a good understanding of how to keep employees happy. There is a high level of trust, fully remote work, and an understanding of work life balance. The culture is welcoming and friendly.
There can be busier seasons, especially right before the holidays.1
- 2.0Oct 24, 2016Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
The company is full of nice people. Although I was not there long at all, I could tell that everyone got along. They seem to choose employees well. The staff is also professional. Everything was well organized and clean. My training went in depth and I could tell they really put work and thought into it.
No government documents. I didn't receive any of the forms to fill out that I did at any other place of employment to ensure that taxes were taken out, etc. If you do not have these forms on file, you are not an employee. I did not receive any forms for payment (direct deposit, etc). I had no idea how or when I would be paid for my work. Although encouraging most of the time, I felt like some of the methods of training weren't effective or constructive. When resigning from my role I was asked if I thought I deserved to be paid. If you work, you should be paid. It's not a topic of discussion.5LYFE Marketing Response7y
Thanks for leaving your review. We were excited to have you joined the company and sadden to see you leave after deciding you were not cut out for a sales position. Although, you only stayed for a week it was a pleasure to meet you. As it was previously communicated, when you joined our company we were in a transitioning phase of switching from 1099 to w2 employees. Thus, we needed just a little bit of time make the adjustment. We absolutely give out employee paperwork and handbook to every new employee in their first week (which everyone here can validate). Again, this was just something that we kindly asked you to bare with us on. In regards to the effectiveness of our training, we have used the same training methods for our next sales consultant and he is performing great. Contrary to your review, we receive raving feedback from our employees on training. We focus on growth here at LYFE Marketing and always encourage people to grow with our company. We are currently the fastest growing social media specific agency in the Southeast and soon to be nationwide.
- 5.0Feb 5, 2020Account ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearAtlanta, GA
* Great company atmosphere, great employees. I enjoying coming to work and the camaraderie between employees. ^^ It is very important because you are with these people a lot. * Pay - Is competitive for the level of experience * Enjoy the open office (generally) Occasionally, I like to hunker down in the break room. Which is allowed. You are not confined to one space. *Upper Management does not hover over you. They expect you to get the job done. * Upper management is open to questions. I tend to ask a lot and realize that can get frustrating. * Upper Management definitely promotes self-learning and on-going development - which is also something definitely required in Digital Marketing. * Currently have work from home days. (Wednesday) Which is nice, especially not having to fight the interstate morning traffic. * Allow you to leave your work at work. Don't have to do things when out of the office. ( Again hard for me, because its hard to stop and Monday mornings are usually extremely busy)
* You deal with a lot of clients, some that are great and easy-going some that are not. * Office space is limited for the number of employees and sometimes handling client calls can become a hassle trying to find a room where you can comfortably handle them. *Currently no 401k1
LYFE Marketing Reviews FAQs
LYFE Marketing has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 38 reviews left anonymously by employees. 87% of employees would recommend working at LYFE Marketing to a friend and 89% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
87% of LYFE Marketing employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated LYFE Marketing 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.