La Bella Baskets Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Janis Rodriguez and Mia Florides

"I'm really pleased with my decision to join the La Bella Baskets sales team!"

Current Employee - Gift Basket Consultant, Sales Director
    Current Employee - Gift Basket Consultant, Sales Director

I have been working at La Bella Baskets part-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company has a great mission, fabulous products, and good compensation for its sales team if you put in the effort. This is a work-at-home opportunity which is great for stay at home parents, college students, or those who just want to supplement their incomes and get out from under the thumbs of their bosses.

It is NOT a get rich quick scheme, like so many other work at home opportunities and you won't see flashy pictures of sports cars and bikini models around large swimming pools, which I believe is a testament to their honesty in their business practices.

I've been really happy in my time at La Bella Baskets and really pleased with the excellent training, support, website sales tracking and management system provided, and the camaraderie among the consultants and management, who seems to genuinely want you to succeed.

Cons

This is a independent contractor position, so you are your own boss. This can be a benefit or a detractor, depending on who you are and how much work you want to do. There are minimal costs for keeping your website active but I feel that they are reasonable and the system is great, so I have no complaints. Others may feel otherwise. Also, you get what you put into it. You must be willing to work hard to see the rewards, but the support is there and the materials are great. I did a lot of research before joining and can say that this is the best work at home opportunity I've found.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and positivity. It shows and is appreciated.

"Amazing gifting business!"

Current Employee - Owner/Consultant in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Owner/Consultant in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at La Bella Baskets part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Love everything about this company, being your own business owner working from home around caring for my grandkids is the best. Products area top notch and well made in the USA

Cons

Getting paid twice a moth by snail mail could be better. Yet I do get paid!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Don't expect for a home business to grow overnight !!"

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at La Bella Baskets part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been with since May 2013, and here is my experience. I started looking for a home based business a couple of years ago when I grew sick and tired of working for other people. I was working for an incompetent guy at the time who thought himself a big "entrepreneur". After working for him for 6 years, where he almost drove his business into the ground TWICE, I decided I wanted to be my own boss.​

That, together with the fact I was living in a remote area - a small community in the Mojave desert, California - it really drove my desire to finding some great. There was a fair driving distance to the nearest city where the decent paid jobs were, so I found myself not only wanting, but really NEEDING a home based business.

So I started to look around, and it took me a while to eliminate the scams from the genuine opportunities, and then the businesses I would be interested in versus what I knew I would be good at.

I looked into being a virtual assistant, and online support for well known logistics companies. But living in a remote area, I just didn't have the internet speed needed, so they were eliminated from my list. Also eliminated were jobs where I would need to write - online reviews, blogging - I knew reading & writing reviews just weren't for me.

I did actually try the "get paid for watching ads". Basically you get paid for watching ads ranging between 3 and 30 seconds. But you get paid a portion of a penny at a time so it takes hours to build up even $5.

I tried the paid online surveys, but got two or three pages into doing them before I was told I did not meet the criteria to continue with the survey - so I never got paid anything even for all those questions I had conveniently answered!

I also tried the writing reviews for listening to new songs. Very enjoyable - and paid OK compared to the other two. But you have to be a creative writer (again, I'm not a fan of writing) and have the ear to appreciate everything that going on in the record - not just the vocals or the guitar - you have to be able to comment on it all.

Next I found another home based business selling "green" products with Melaleuca. I will not to say anything bad about the company, as I almost signed up with them. I liked their ethics, but I didn't like the idea of having to purchase around $60 worth of products every month myself. There is no way I could take advantage of all those items because I don't have a family - it's just me and my husband in our household. So I figured a big chunk of profits would be swallowed up each month unnecessarily. Nothing bad about the company - it just didn't suit my needs.

Then, thank goodness, I found La Bella Baskets. A very affordable business opportunity at just $24.95 per month, beautiful products that you can have complete confidence in selling, 5 ways to earn an income, no need to buy any inventory or kits yourself easy to do (marketing & promoting), excellent training & support and overall, very fun.

Of course having been through everything, I did my due diligence and still researched the company over several weeks by reading reviews and testimonials before I decided to go for it. I signed up in May 2013 and can tell you from my experience that I am so glad I did. It is not a get rich quick scheme. It takes time, patience, persistence and consistency, but the business module does really work.

I chose to concentrate on Team Leadership, and love sharing information about the business to others. It is a great pleasure to mentor my team and help them build their own businesses. My cheques are growing each month and I can't wait to see where I will be in a year's time.

Also, why wouldn't everyone have a home office - the tax breaks alone make it worthwhile.

Cons

Although the work is fun, it really does take time to build up your contacts and clients, so DON'T expect too much too soon, and DO be patient and consistent. I find it a huge shame when people give up after just 1 month! They haven't even given themselves time to go through the training!

Advice to Management

Go Global !!!

"I adore this company"

Current Employee - Gifting Consultant in Killeen, TX
    Current Employee - Gifting Consultant in Killeen, TX

I have been working at La Bella Baskets full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a consultant i have had nothing but a positive experiance with just about everyone my sponser is amazing the owners take time to write out handwritten letters with our incentives we give to single mothers and can use our baskets for other great things to bring smiles to faces and to people to warm hearts and grow relationships

Cons

It takes time alot of time to get where you want to be but thats not really a con

Advice to Management

We need to grow beyond the us

"Impressed with La Bella!"

Current Employee - Senior Gift Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Gift Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at La Bella Baskets part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The leadership and training is incredible! I've had a few questions and each time I've picked up the phone, I've had courteous and knowledgeable assistance. I am very impressed with the system, the training and the ease of signing up new consultants, ordering baskets and working with smiling faces1 This business is a fun business, not a rocket science and everyone buys and gives gifts so there is a need! It also offers great tax benefits and the financial investment is the lowest I have seen to start a profitable business. I've been in other businesses similar, but all of them include a personal investment in having products on hand and having parties and purchasing samples. I'm excited to be a part of this 4 year old company,.. Timing is great.. the company is 4 years new, so lots of room for growth and expansion!

Cons

The only challenge I have is that I can't stay away from my new business adventure! I love LaBella Baskets!

Advice to Management

I'd like to see more shipping options in the ordering form showing the approximate date to expect delivery. Maybe a dropdown box for each basket showing the approximate timeline.

"gift consultant-still with the company"

Current Employee - Gift Director in New Braunfels, TX
    Current Employee - Gift Director in New Braunfels, TX

I have been working at La Bella Baskets part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Just hit one-year mark...Low monthly fee for the package of website development & upkeep,24/7 online training Paying$24.95 for all that they do is , in my opinion, a drop in the bucket compared to other work at home biz. Company mission is great, and they follow through. Not a get rich program , not by a long shot, but you do get paid a reasonable commison

Cons

I have NEVER spoken with my sponsor, And that makes me want to be better with my team members.frequently

Advice to Management

I think the generic website could be updated, maybe have 2 or 3 standard choices for us to choose from, just like a haircut, not one type is appealing for all

"La Bella is an excellent company to be involved with."

Current Employee - Gift Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Gift Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at La Bella Baskets full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

La Bella has excellent training and support. I have never been with a company that tries to improve their business so that the consultants can find success. They have a very easy compensation plan and they don't put limits on you. There are no quotas to be made and you do not need to purchase product every month. You can work from home or offline and with the training provided if you work your business every day and treat it like a business you can find success. The low cost to run this business is amazing too for under the price of a pizza you have full website and business that really works for my family.

Cons

I cannot find any cons with this business.

"I LOVE this company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McAllen, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McAllen, TX

Pros

La Bella Baskets and Gifts ROCKS! They are always making the company so amazing. They are always thinking of ways to help the consultants GROW their business. They are always adding new gifts to our online store!

There is literally a gift for every occasion! So our target market is HUGE. I love that I don't just market "candles". or "jewelry". My store has gifts for EVERYBODY! Gifts for him, her, children, executives, weddings, anniversaries and the list goes on and on and on. I don't know how they can afford to keep the business for only $24.95 but I'm SUPER happy I found them. I've moved up several levels in the company and earned a nice bonus too!

Most importantly, I LOVE that there are no quotas! Which is so unheard of in the direct selling business! I also love the new graphics that are created for us and the community support is FABULOUS!!

Cons

I can't think of any cons!

Advice to Management

Don't change anything. We love everything you do!

"GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO BE IN BUSINESS FOR YOURSELF BUT NOT BY YOURSELF!"

Current Employee - Gift Director
    Current Employee - Gift Director

Pros

I've been with the Company for a year and love having a Gift Business with them. This is not a get rich scheme . This is a real business that your have to work at building. Any real business takes time to grow. Labella has the best training site and support Ive seen to help us succeed. They provide a lot of tools and incentives. The products are so nice and are high quality, definitely worth the money. The compensation plan is a must to look at, you clearly can make 6 figures in time. I have a steady income each month that is growing and I love helping people pick out gifts or growing their Gift Business. Mia and Janis are the owners, they are very hands on with the company and are dedicated to making Labella a household name. They clearly care about their Gift Directors and they do everything they can to help them succeed.

Cons

This business can be addicting at times from the rewards and fun you have. So you need to set hours and make sure you get me or family time to.

Advice to Management

Only advice is to start adding more visual tools for Gift Directors to use in offline marketing.

"La Bella Consultant"

Current Employee - Executive Silver Gift Director in Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Executive Silver Gift Director in Edison, NJ

I have been working at La Bella Baskets full-time (More than a year)

Pros

La Bella Baskets is one of the greatest companies to ever be in. I wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for two beautiful ladies who started this wonderful company. Janis and Mia. These ladies don't get as much praise as they should. All through my life I worked with many people, but nobody was as genuine as these two ladies. They go far and wide to help us succeed and never ask for anything in return. They put together a unique one of a kind industry and I am so proud to be part of it. Where else can you go where you are provided a fully designed web site, a back-office, and a fully state of the art training site....filled with step by step information, graphics, learning video's, flyers, and the list goes on and on..... There's no over head merchandise to buy, no orders to take, no shipping, or no quotas to meet. No other company out there is like La Bella Baskets. If your a consultant....your blessed to be here.

Cons

To me there's not enough of time in the day. I love what I do. And everything this company stand for.

Advice to Management

I am so happy to be a part of this wonderful company. And proud of everything that Janis and Mia...(co-founders) created.