La Clinica de La Raza Reviews | Glassdoor

Jane Garcia

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Executive Assistant"

I have been working at La Clinica de La Raza full-time

Pros

My values are aligned with the mission and the people I work with are phenomenal!

Cons

The salary is below market value.

"Poor management, great clinical staff"

Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Oakland, CA

I have been working at La Clinica de La Raza part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very dedicated team from medical assistants to MDs to NPs

Cons

Poorly managed at every level

3. "Run!"

I worked at La Clinica de La Raza full-time

Pros

Most staff care about the community we serve. Flexible with schedules.

Cons

Poor management and corruption all the way up. The upper management needs to go. Very low wages for hard work. Quality of care needs to improve. Everything is outdated. There is no investment in staff or education. Staff is burned out and bitter. Everyone is looking for a better job. Not only do I not recommend this place to work, I would not recommend this place for patients either. It needs to change.

Advice to Management

Major overhaul. You need new people who are up to date with technology, leadership and management and healthcare.

4. "Better Executive Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I worked at La Clinica de La Raza full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Taking care of the patients and creating access to carr

Cons

Executive mismanagement, better management at some sites, an organization full of chaos, refusing to give staff yearly increase or cost of living raise

Advice to Management

The Board needs to look at the mismanagement of the organization, replace the executive team, Terminate staff directly related & reporting to executive member relative on Executive Team.

5. "Good mission and values. Great population to serve."

Pros

Good mission and values. Great population to serve.

By the time you finish working at La Clinica you will be an expert in charting and any new program will look to you like a breeze in it's charting demands.

If you are an Intern, this will be a great place to work. Interns receive​ the best training and support, after that all changes.

Cons

Main people in management were elevated to positions as they were good therapists. They have no consistent basic management skills. They are very ambivalent and tentative in practice, though their talk might seem clear.

Paper work is out of control and you will do more paper work than you will do in any other program, or county around the Bay Area. Management is aware of this.

You will fall behind in paper work like many of us did. You will be blamed for falling behind in paper work.

Advice to Management

Reduce your paper work flooding, improve your human resources, reduce your gap between your talking and your doing. Increase
    the salaries, look around the Bay Area, rents and cost of living have increased.

6. "Social Worker"

Current Employee - Social Worker
    Current Employee - Social Worker

I have been working at La Clinica de La Raza full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team, like minded folks who care about the communities they serve

Cons

salary could be better with some more room for raises

7. "Executive Management Flawed, Experience Depends on Supervisor"

I have been working at La Clinica de La Raza full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Most co-workers are pleasant and most are competent and committed. The organization does a lot of good in the Bay Area lower-income and disadvantaged communities.

Cons

Executive management overall is lacking and in some cases detrimental to the organization at its core. HR is definitely not on employees' side and one of the greatest obstacles to improvement. CFO makes flawed decisions. CEO is hardly present and doesn't seem to notice the company starting to crack.

Advice to Management

Question what you're told by upper management, stand up to bullying and BS, and stop viewing employees as the opposition.

8. "Medical Assistant II"

I worked at La Clinica de La Raza full-time

Pros

It's a non profit organization

Cons

No pay increase. Too many responsibilities that are not even part of your role andnp pay increase.

9. "Horrible place to work!!!!!"

I worked at La Clinica de La Raza full-time

Pros

You will find a small group of people that are good and pretend to not have a idea what management is doing , they'll do everything with a smile, tell tell you off with a smile , there so fake it's discusting.

Cons

I wanted to work here because I thought this place would help people but I left so disapointend , Horrible pay,horrible parking, many employees including providers have to pay for there parking!!!65 Dls a month , they over work you ,they will not be considerate of you at all ,but tell you everything with a fake smile, management is so funny there like robots ruthless but with a smile, endless your one of there elites they'll be sympathetic or pretend to care , I am not sure were all the money is going because there always trying to cut back on everything , there always under staffed , but they have so much going on there appointments are always far far out there ,all the departments are always so busy, there so stingy that they have employees use ,second hand supplys , all these savings , and were does it go???? it would just make me wonder All the time, were all that money is going? used desks ect, and the people that have been there the most are very territorial ,disrespectful, no one wants to teach you anything , no team work at all ,there unprofessional and I could go on on on, save yourself from this horrible place!!!!!! I'm glad I left!!!

Advice to Management

They don't pay good, they enslave people, it's a crappy place to work at, at least be nice, if you know that all of these people are being taken advantage change things , promote more team work , don't have favorite's, train your employees right.

"Please train your managers"

Current Employee - Health Educator I in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Health Educator I in Oakland, CA

I have been working at La Clinica de La Raza (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility and providing direct services to the community but apart there's nothing else I can to the pros section. I'm just adding words to reach the 20 word minimum requirement.

Cons

Management, Communication, Office Ettiquette and management all around the company because the only thing managers do is create stress upon their employees.

Advice to Management

Go to trainings where you can learn how to manage a team.