La Fosse Associates Recruitment Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 12, 2018

5.0
La Fosse Associates Founder and Executive Chairman Simon La Fosse
Simon La Fosse

"Recruitment - Done Differently"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Genuine appetite from the top down to improve the reputation of the recruitment industry through better working practices and offering a quality service to candidates and clients. - Excellent training scheme and investment in their staff. - Meritocracy backed up by strong incentives for success.

Cons

- Nothing that isn't aligned to the reality of the recruitment industry i.e targets, longer hours (when required), challenging role.

La Fosse Associates2018-06-12

"Ambitious and supportive"

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a great environment to be in, everyone is extremely ambitious and hardworking, yet genuinely supportive and friendly.

Cons

If you work hard there are no cons.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

La Fosse Associates2016-10-19

"Great company to work for"

Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I worked at La Fosse Associates for less than a year

Pros

Very nice to their employees, loads of incentives and perks of working there. Simon La Fosse, the CEO, really has built a business using his strong sense of morals and ethical conduct.

Cons

Not really anything to complain about. The only thing is that every recruitment company exaggerates their first year's earnings. Literally every recruitment company does this though so the position would be unattractive if they didn't oversell it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. 99% (there's always that 1%!) of people who deal with you can see how great you are.

La Fosse Associates2016-09-05

"A refreshing approach to employee care"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

After debating to quit recruiting last year due to disliking the culture I worked in, I was asked to interview at La Fosse and was amazed by the reputation they had for company culture. Since starting it has not disappointed! Each office is welcoming, friendly and every employee is supportive of each other. The co-ownership model means each person has an interest to help others succeed and its evident from senior management that this is the case. In the interview they say they only recruit the top 10% in the industry and it's true. Each person is really an expert in their area and they are very good at their jobs so you will learn a lot from each person in the business.

Cons

As it is a flat structure there isn't a clear career direction outside of team management. You can only grow with the business however if you are successful you have the backing by the business to grow your team as you see fit. If you are an experienced consultant from another agency it can be quite a culture change, you have the complete freedom to get on with your job how you see fit so if you're used to being micro managed then the environment will be difficult to get use to at first.

Advice to Management

As the company grows please make sure not to lose the culture you have created. The brand and the name is extremely positive in the market right now and that's down to the culture created by the senior management. Ensure future leadership positions are filled in house.

La Fosse Associates2016-02-08

"Very rewarding experience, highly enjoyable and a great place to work!"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I worked at La Fosse Associates full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

La Fosse Associates isn't your average recruitment firm, Simon and James Parker are building a world-class recruitment agency whilst maintaining an enjoyable work environment... honestly from my experience there over the last three years, they have succeeded. People: Everyone is hard-working, sociable and caring for each other. Your peers will go above and beyond their job description to help whether that's helping find great talent, training, mentoring, guidance or even developing your own clients. The work: Recruitment is a tough job and everyone has development points - that's why LFA are dedicated to Knowledge & Training to all employee's (at all levels) whether that's picking up your confidence on the phone, advancing your search techniques or learning to be a bit more organised. Values: LFA are all about looking after candidates and clients where they are serious about upholding this as they grow. It's the right thing to do and is clear evidence into how employee's treat each other as well as managers treating their teams too. Perks available: Gym, great commission structure, share options, training, owning a vertical, mentoring & buddy system, massages, hypnotherapy, Ski trip (for all employees), socials, regular supply of Percy Pigs and as much birthday cake and biltong to fill your boots! Very sad to be leaving the firm now but I was very lucky to find a firm like this straight after University - I could have done a hell of a lot worse

Cons

It's not for everyone and you need to be up for it as your peers will all be hard-working and aspiring to manage their own team. My advice to anyone thinking of joining is to ask yourself: am I ready to apply myself to succeed or am I just looking for any old entry-level job? If it's the former, LFA can give you the tools and training to build a great career.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire great people and spend time developing their careers no matter how fast the firm grows.

La Fosse Associates2015-04-30

"A fast-paced and ambitious company for those who thrive in a close-knit team."

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The first word that comes to mind is integrity. From the beginning, Simon La Fosse’s goal was to build an organisation that differentiated itself from its competition by treating people well (staff, candidates and clients alike). The organisation has expanded rapidly in the time I have been here and it is great to see the values have not diluted at all. I am sure the shared-ownership model is the key to the culture. Everyone here recognises that the long-term success of the company is dependent on the long-term success of all of the individuals within it. This means that everyone is not just willing to help each other but they actively want to. This is a great place to work and I cannot see myself working anywhere that doesn’t share these values.

Cons

For obvious reasons the company is looking to grow and this means that there are other activities that sit outside of your day job; running candidate care events, training new starters, hosting networking evenings as well as supporting the various company sports teams (netball, football, rugby etc.). Working as a team is everyone’s cup of tea and those who would prefer to be independent operators will find it harder to adapt to the La Fosse team culture.

Advice to Management

Keep recruiting positive high-performers. No exceptions.

La Fosse Associates2015-02-25

"High performance & great team"

Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at La Fosse Associates

Pros

Everyone here is given the freedom (and corresponding responsibility) to accelerate their careers as quickly as possible. Its a real meritocracy, backed up with a great level of support - not just from management, but from peers. The fact that we all have options in the company helps keep everyone pulling together. Its not just about success though, I think there is a strong sense of purpose - we are trying to do something different in the industry by treating candidates well, so there is a collective pride in being known for that.

Cons

I have found if I work twice as hard & twice as smart, I progress 4 times as quick. Some people struggle with the hard work bit - if you are after a lifestyle job where you are spoon fed, this wont be for you, but I think its great when you have a team around you who keep going when the going gets tough!

Advice to Management

Maybe a more practical working exercise as part of assessing people at interview to work out if they are really up for it, or just say they are.

La Fosse Associates2015-02-13

"A great place to work with fantastic colleagues and rapid career development opportunities!"

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The senior management team and CEO genuinely live by the values that they teach as best practice. A shared employee ownership model means that everyone is working together and pulling in the same direction. You can progress very quickly, both in terms of career development and also compensation. There is a comprehensive training scheme to support this. A fantastic office environment (table tennis table, business casual dress code, and a great location)

Cons

Hard to say really. I enjoy working here and am encouraged by like minded, motivated colleagues in a high performing environment. If I had to say anything it would be that work life balance can be challenging at times.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing - continuing to lead by example.

La Fosse Associates2014-07-07