La Fosse Associates Reviews

Updated Aug 12, 2020

4.8
La Fosse Associates Founder and Executive Chairman Simon La Fosse
Simon La Fosse
Pros
  • "La Fosse facilitate career growth in the ways that you want(in 42 reviews)

• "I could go on about the Ski trip and Gym benefits, but for me it's the small things that make a massive difference(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours; but working within recruitment that is expected, otherwise recruitment is not the career for you(in 13 reviews)

• "I honestly don't have a bad word to say about La Fosse(in 8 reviews)

"Wonderful Experience"

Current Employee - Project Assistant & Team Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

This has been my first job out of college, and I would definitely recommend to anyone just joining the workforce. The environment at La Fosse is super supportive and inclusive, which allows you to grow and develop quickly. It's not easy work, but you are pushed in the best way possible. One of the big pros is that my individual development is clearly defined, and I am aware of my goals and expectations. There is also no corporate hierarchy and top management is approachable and invests time in all their employees. I am able to constantly communicate with management about questions/suggestions. All around great experience so far!

Cons

None about the company whatsoever. Recruitment is hard work though, so resilience is definitely essential.

Continue reading

"Super supportive and ambitious environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Really supportive culture - if you have an idea for something internally or want to change directions within the company they'll support you to do so. Worth noting that they're really supportive outside of work too if ever people are having personal difficulties. Culture is big on the agenda, but comes down to rewarding people for their work, supporting ambition, and generally being a nice place to work with nice people. Just got back from our company ski trip where they sent 130 of us to the slopes for a couple of days which was a great chance to bond with people from other teams etc. which always gets a bit harder as the company grows. The role can be hard at times - it's recruitment after all, but the commission scheme rewards good work, and the company recognises those going through trickier times and will offer additional training and support where they can - but asks for a good work ethic in return. Fantastic management at the top - really clued in to the business, and really open. The MD sits on the floor in an open-desk environment and will genuinely make the time for you and listen if you need it.

Cons

Company grew really quickly last year and with that there will always be changes which people need to adapt to. Having said that, all teething problems are are always addressed and rectified.

3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Delivery Consultant in London, England

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent company culture Good company values Strong L&D and support structure

Cons

Only those shared by the recruitment industry as a whole

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time

Pros

The culture and ethos are great

Cons

None I can think of

5. "Great culture"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultannt in London, England

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

A great bunch of people across the board. A real supportive, family feel. A genuine bunch.

Cons

Long, intense hours. But if you know anything about recruitment, that won't come as a shock to you!

June 17, 2020CEO

Thanks! It’s good to know that you’re feeling supported and looked after despite the market being tough at the moment. Thanks for your positivity and in the meantime we’ll try our best not to micromanage 😊

6. "La Fosse Recruiter"

4.0
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time

Pros

Good warm desks to bill on

Cons

Bit of a weird croud

7. "Delivery Consultant Review"

Current Employee - Delivery Consultant in London, England

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Very flexible for you to mould your role into what you want it to be. I'm afforded complete autonomy. - La Fosse facilitate career growth in the ways that you want. If you want to be a big biller you can do that, alternatively if you want to manage a large team then there's opportunity for that too - Great culture, everyone is really helpful and collaborative and I feel completely comfortable asking anyone in the business for help or advice

Cons

- Growing too fast, it's a great thing but it seems the quality and control is starting to dip lower than I'd like - Quite hierarchical, can be very difficult to get your ideas listened to if you're a more junior employee

March 11, 2020CEO

Thanks for the pros and the cons. You make some great points and we should listen carefully to people at all levels. You’re so right it’s often easier for someone new to our industry to realise that accepted assumptions are not necessarily correct. I agree with your comments about accountability; we will look at it. Lastly, thanks for still giving us five stars despite the misgivings you mention.

8. "Great company to work for"

I have been working at La Fosse Associates part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture & strong value (Care, Ambition, Humility). They really seem to care about their employees, we get a range of benefits, gym etc. High growth so lots of opportunities Transparent commission structure Good calibre people

Cons

Nothing so far - office is a bit outdated but we are moving soon into modern offices so will be sorted soon!

March 5, 2020CEO

Thanks for the feedback. And thanks also for your patience with the office....the new one is being fitted out for us as we speak and we’re really excited about it. It’s 50% bigger than our existing setup and I think it will be our best office space yet. At its peak there have been over 40 tradesmen working on it. It’s a big investment but one we’re delighted to be in a position to make.

9. "Fantastic Company"

Current Employee - Commercial Support in London, England

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

Really friendly, caring culture. I've never worked in such a big company, where so many people all across the board, go out of their way to introduce themselves, and make you feel welcome. This can be quite rare in recruitment. Great training programmes and learning opportunities. Great benefits package and focus on mental wellbeing and self care. They make a great effort to look after their staff and make it a positive environment, any concerns are always listened to and dealt with.

Cons

I really can't think of any.

March 5, 2020CEO

Thank you 🙏 You never really know what somebody’s experience is like when they start and it’s so good to know that everyone is still making an effort to welcome new team members in. It’s also rewarding to know that you feel we’re responsive to concerns. Good luck with your career!

10. "La Fosse Associate New Starter Review"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

Comprehensive L&D programme, progression and promotion is encouraged, staff well being is highly regarded, free gym membership, monthly massages, monthly mental health awareness/support. Very friendly/family like working environment unlike other "cut throat" recruitment agencies.

Cons

No cons! - you may stay late sometimes however, I don't see this as a con myself...I think this is standard in recruitment. It's down to you, if you want to place those candidates you will stay later and dedicate some extra time to succeed and meet your targets/achieve goals.

March 5, 2020CEO

Thanks so much for the feedback! And I have to say that I agree with your comments about working hard. It’s difficult to achieve amazing things without putting the hours in occasionally. The most important thing however is that you feel comfortable with the effort you’re putting in and you take the time to look after yourself. We don’t want the environment to be overly demanding because it’s simply not enjoyable or productive for anyone. So please remember; it’s a marathon not a sprint and good luck with managing that balance.

Found 107 reviews