KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 136 of over 141 reviews

4.6
La Fosse Associates Founder and Executive Chairman Simon La Fosse
Simon La Fosse
Pros
  • "La Fosse facilitate career growth in the ways that you want(in 42 reviews)

• "I could go on about the Ski trip and Gym benefits, but for me it's the small things that make a massive difference(in 13 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours; but working within recruitment that is expected, otherwise recruitment is not the career for you(in 15 reviews)

• "I honestly don't have a bad word to say about La Fosse(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Wonderful Experience

Aug 18, 2017 - Project Assistant & Team Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

This has been my first job out of college, and I would definitely recommend to anyone just joining the workforce. The environment at La Fosse is super supportive and inclusive, which allows you to grow and develop quickly. It's not easy work, but you are pushed in the best way possible. One of the big pros is that my individual development is clearly defined, and I am aware of my goals and expectations. There is also no corporate hierarchy and top management is approachable and invests time in all their employees. I am able to constantly communicate with management about questions/suggestions. All around great experience so far!

Cons

None about the company whatsoever. Recruitment is hard work though, so resilience is definitely essential.

4 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Super supportive and ambitious environment

Mar 20, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really supportive culture - if you have an idea for something internally or want to change directions within the company they'll support you to do so. Worth noting that they're really supportive outside of work too if ever people are having personal difficulties. Culture is big on the agenda, but comes down to rewarding people for their work, supporting ambition, and generally being a nice place to work with nice people. Just got back from our company ski trip where they sent 130 of us to the slopes for a couple of days which was a great chance to bond with people from other teams etc. which always gets a bit harder as the company grows. The role can be hard at times - it's recruitment after all, but the commission scheme rewards good work, and the company recognises those going through trickier times and will offer additional training and support where they can - but asks for a good work ethic in return. Fantastic management at the top - really clued in to the business, and really open. The MD sits on the floor in an open-desk environment and will genuinely make the time for you and listen if you need it.

Cons

Company grew really quickly last year and with that there will always be changes which people need to adapt to. Having said that, all teething problems are are always addressed and rectified.

2 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great business with an amazing culture!

Aug 19, 2021 - Senior Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I'm currently in my second month at La Fosse and I'm so happy with my choice to move to this business. Everyone in the company is very friendly and helpful, my managers are really supportive and Inspiring and the whole culture of La Fosse is amazing. La Fosse are leaders in what they do, they have a huge market presence in technology and have invested into other services that put the ahead of their competitors such LFDO and Futureproof. The business is really dynamic and you're given a lot of options and opportunities to succeed as well as a really motivating and attractive commission structure and benefits package. The training that is provided to you once you start at the business is also superb. I would highly recommend La Fosse to anyone on the look out for a new recruitment opportunity.

Cons

Currently have no cons to disclose. I'm new to business and so far the team have been very welcoming and the company has ticked all the boxes for what I was looking for.

Managing Director

Hi - firstly, welcome to the team! As we grow it's really important to us that everyone feels this way from the start: especially with regards to the people and culture. Your leading with those two elements really reflects the emphasis we have always placed on them so that's great to see in itself. As is your positive feedback on our presence, other services, package and training. Having said all that, we are always looking for areas to improve, and know there is always a better way - so please to keep leaning in as it looks like you are, and let your manager, the People team or me know if there is anything we can be doing to improve or better support you. Thanks again for the write up! All the best for now James

4. 5.0

Amazing Culture

Oct 11, 2021 - Bid Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've joined La Fosse Digital Outcomes and my first week has been great. This organisation are so welcoming, everyone is friendly and helpful. There is a real push for mental health awareness and charity awareness which is great to see! I appreciate the honesty and openness within the company.

Cons

I have not found any.

5. 5.0

A train worth boarding!

Jul 15, 2021 - Senior Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

on a growth trajectory so seems like the right time to get on board. the stops along the way to promotions or personal success seem clear and well laid out. company culture is inclusive, with work to be done but they seem open to changing and adapting to the modern world of recruitment and world of work. people seem very friendly and open to helping out. good salary and commission structure (especially if coming from large corp agency) again this should be an ever evolving piece within an agency so interesting to see if that happens in the future. reward and recognition is clearly at the forefront of what they do which is brilliant to see. incentives etc are very good advancing in technology and plans around this so also positive thus far. other lines of business such as futureproof is a very interesting concept that offers the market something new and exciting vs standard agency bolt-ons.

Cons

nothing outside of standard recruitment cons such as hours - not a fault of LFA but rather an industry downfall. Could they be the ones to rock the boat on that, in time to come?

Managing Director

Hi – really appreciate this thoughtful and detailed review – thanks for taking the time to write it. Building on our growth trajectory will take all the components you called out: reward, recognition, L&D, tech, innovative services etc. So it’s great to hear you are positive about those parts of La Fosse. But most of all we feel it’s about Culture, so I am glad your experience on that front has been good, especially that people have been helpful – it makes such a difference. I agree there is more work to be done on inclusion (and can I add diversity) but as you say, we are up for driving that change and are making progress. The hours can be a challenge at times – especially with the kind of client demand a lot of our teams are seeing now. We work hard to support everyone to work in a sustainable and balanced way, and am sure a continued focus on this front will help us improve over time. Thanks again James

6. 5.0

Positive Culture

Sep 22, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Culture truly stands out. - Lots of opportunities for growth. - Opportunity to wfh so good work/life balance. - Culture wins are always a nice nod to people who have presented La Fosse’s values. You can see clearly week on week employees always go above and beyond to help each other out.

Cons

I haven’t been at the company for long, and nothing comes to mind which is a good sign.

Managing Director

Thank you! The pros you call out are all really important - culture, opportunity, work/life balance and recognition for those people going above and beyond to make this a great place to work. There is always more we can do (and are doing) on all these fronts, but it's great to hear you recognise and value them like this. Anything more we can do better - especially the things you pick up as a newer member of the team - please let me know: always keen to hear it. Thanks JP

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Really fantastic bunch of people

Jul 15, 2021 - Senior Recruitment Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company genuinely cares and my experience at La Fosse was overwhelmingly positive. The people are by far what makes it a great place to work, but the added benefits of free gym etc definitely help! There is pretty good L&D in place and I always felt really supported from that sense

Cons

No business is perfect and most of LFA's frustrations are internal growing pains/working out the best route forward. I had my fair few gripes with certain processes but in general I look book really positively on my time there.

Managing Director

Care is central to what we are about. Authentically living our values takes a commitment from the whole team, so I am really grateful for the work I am sure you put in to contributing to the culture as well as benefiting from it. Thanks for your work over the years as well – I agree that the people are a great part of La Fosse, so thanks for being one of them :) Building a high-performance team while staying true to our values won’t always go smoothly. We have to keep learning and evolving our processes so apologies if we weren’t quick enough to do that & caused any of those gripes you mention. Apologies also if your salary wasn’t set at the right level – I agree with you that it should never take a resignation for this to happen, we should be ahead of the curve. So I am sorry that we didn’t get this right as far as you are concerned and will use this feedback as part of our ongoing commitment to improvement. However, I would like to challenge your perspective on the threshold. This is just a process to make sure our commission scheme is fair. As a current working example, if you bill 300K this year, you could expect to earn 100K, comprised of your basic and commission. You’ll earn a third of what you bill. Because of the threshold set up, this will be true whether your basic is 30K, 50K, or more. This feels fair to us – if you perform the same as someone on a higher salary than you, why should you earn less overall than them? This way, people who will the same, earn the same: a third of what they bill. If you did feel under pressure at any time to bill in line with your basic, I would still see that as a management responsibility of course, but one focussed on how to better support you to achieve more and better sustain that performance over time. And of course, if there is anyone in the team who is reading this feeling that pressure, please do reach out to your manager, HR, Divisional Head or me - we are all here to help. Thanks again for everything you did while you were here – and all the best with your next move. James

8. 3.0
      Former Employee

Feedback

Oct 13, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent commission if you are strong recruiter.

Cons

-Long hours - Deficit period before you make commission

9. 5.0

A brilliant environment

Jul 26, 2021 - Associate Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Equity in the company, a solid base pay and commission structure with benefits and bonuses. The team works hard to make you an expert in your field and are genuinely some of the hardest working people you could find.

Cons

The role is hard work, you get what you put in and if you are doing the grind than you get the rewards.

Managing Director

Hi - thanks so much for taking the time to write this review. Good to know you feel the comp, commission, reward and options package is strong. And I couldn't agree more on how committed the whole team is to working hard and helping us all achieve more together - has always felt like a real privilege to be part of (and humbling/developmental as well!). So it's great you feel this way. It is hard work, but I know we can always do more to support people - it's a marathon not a sprint, so do please let me, your manager or HR know if there is more we can do for you along the journey.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent company to work for and a highly ambitious group of people, from AC’s to Managers across all divisions

Mar 22, 2021 - Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very transparent billing system, flat structure and everyone will be paid the same if billing well. Great group of people, celebrate wins every week and month end meeting which is nice. Not your typical recruitment ‘sales’ business but still performing higher than most other companies. No pressure from anyone and super supportive teams. If you’re performing, the managers will give you the autonomy you need to strive.

Cons

I’m not sure the commission structure is market leading anymore, took a hit during covid as well as an increase in desk fee - not a very attractive com structure anymore.

Managing Director

Hi – thanks for taking the time to write this and for the five stars. We really appreciate the feedback and I’m glad that your experience of us has been so positive. Just wanted to correct one important point on commission. We have not reduced commission paid. We did withhold 3% of billings until the year end when Covid hit, but we paid it out. We are doing the same this year but fully expect to pay that at the end of this year also. So it is still an arrangement that pays 33.3% of billings. In fact we have actually increased it as we have added additional bonuses for cross selling, for bringing in new business and other one off incentives. The additional cross selling bonus is working really well and is not just financially rewarding those who are doing it but of course those who are benefiting from having more work given to them by someone else! Lastly, new service lines like futureproof and Digital Outcomes have also enabled many people to earn additional commission through introducing these new businesses to their clients. I’d be very happy to discuss this further if you would like – please drop me an email at james.parker@lafosse.com and we can schedule a catch up

Viewing 1 - 10 of 136 Reviews