KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 618 of over 627 reviews

3.1
La Petite Academy CEO Mark R. Bierley
Mark R. Bierley
Pros
  • "Working with children, building lesson plans for them(in 28 reviews)

• "Best team I have worked with childcare or otherwise(in 18 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Extremely high expectations, low pay(in 63 reviews)

• "High turnover which makes it hard when you are constantly training people(in 17 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of La Petite Academy and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 3.0
      Featured Review

Teacher

Mar 8, 2021 - Teacher
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing co-teachers, fullfillment of teaching children

Cons

Management, hard to get time off, work when sick

1 person found this review helpful

Recruiting Manager

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We’re sorry to hear the level of support you had received from management. It is important to us that our employees feel they have the support they need to be successful in their role. Thanks again for sharing your perspective.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

we are great with kids

Feb 15, 2021 - Daycare Teacher in Greenville, SC
      Business Outlook

Pros

work with people i know

Cons

having to leave when time

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Great Company

May 7, 2021 - Program Assistant Director in Bellevue, NE
      Business Outlook

Pros

I was an employee for LaPetite Academy for over 17 yrs. I have learned so much from working for this company. They helped me grow as an employee and within my educational goals. The other Assistant Directors and Directors are really supportive. You really feel like you have a network of people you can reach out to. The District Manager is also extremely supportive and open to your concerns. When communicating with her, you really feel that she genuinely cares about you as not just an employee but as a human being. Being in management definitely has its challenges but ultimately it’s all about how you structured and organized you are. You can be as successful as you choose to be as you have the resources there to make it happen. I loved working with the staff and helping them grow in the field. The curriculum was laid out very nicely so that the teachers could jump right in with a little bit of training. Overall LaPetite was great place of employment.

Cons

It’s difficult when staff wasn’t reliable or if we had spills of high turnover. However, that comes with the field of work.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Idk what to say

Apr 21, 2021 - Teacher
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great opportunity to bind with kids and play a huge impact in their lives, that you might not even be aware of most of the time. My management is very understanding and work with schedules pretty well.

Cons

I think the pay should be 10-10.50 starting out because most centers higher you for 4 hours to begin with and you you barely make $600 a month which isn’t even rent at most places and if it was you barely have anything left over. Also 2 week notices for requesting time off really hurt because some stuff happen that you can’t plan for that may something you need or want to do that is just ultimately out of the question.

Recruiting Manager

Thanks for sharing your review. As a company, we strive to provide a supportive work environment that offers a development path for a meaningful and fulfilling career. As part of that, we regularly evaluate employee compensation and benefits to ensure they’re competitive within the industry. Thanks again for the insights.

5. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Kids, Staffing could use some improvement

Apr 1, 2021 - Lead Teacher in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO, Optional[CO]
      Business Outlook

Pros

You have open creativity, with lesson plans and room display. Great kids, Kind Parents for the majority. This would be a place where you would just want to get your feet wet, just start learning and exploring it's great for that.

Cons

The turnover on this place is SO HIGH, because the work they want you to is not adequate to the pay. They'll hire an assistant teacher to do a Lead Teachers job. While still paying you like an assistant. This is a majority reason why many people leave here The pay is low compared to other centers, while still doing more work Never enough money for school supplies, which never makes sense because Greenwood Village has the highest rating out of all the other La Petite's and we make the most money. Because they enroll more kids then teachers have the capacity for.

6. 2.0

awful

Jun 15, 2021 - Teacher
      Business Outlook

Pros

location thats about it. The first director I worked for was pretty nice, but never there.

Cons

Awful director, plays favorites, micromanages, is just straight up mean. No management support at all!!!

7. 4.0

Great Job experience

May 30, 2021 - Teacher
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of teamwork, great comradery!

Cons

Need more teacher assistants for extra help

8. 4.0
      Current Employee

Overall Fine

May 25, 2021 - Lead Teacher
      Business Outlook

Pros

- mentally unchallenging - relaxed dress code - ability to move up

Cons

- unreliable work hours - minimal pay

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Review

May 16, 2021 - Teacher
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working with kids is great, the job is pretty flexible and includes many benefits as well as paid training.

Cons

-Strict management -Not much help from management

10. 2.0

Bad experience

Jun 9, 2021 - Pre-School Teacher in Cypress, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

The children are the pros

Cons

Bad management, unfair pay, no growth

Viewing 1 - 10 of 618 Reviews