La Petite Academy Reviews

2.9
La Petite Academy CEO Mark R. Bierley
Mark R. Bierley
Pros
Cons
  • "Low pay and teachers can be rude sometimes(in 55 reviews)

• "Managers only care about ratios being covered(in 16 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Enjoyed my time there"

Former Employee - Three year old teacher in Niceville, FL

I worked at La Petite Academy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good place to work. Organize very excellent curriculum

Cons

Didn’t like the open floor plan

May 28, 2020Digital Reputation Coordinator

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your experience at La Petite Academy. Thanks again for the review!

2. "Love the people!"

5.0
    Former Employee - Childcare Worker

I worked at La Petite Academy part-time

Pros

The director at this site is phenomenal. Kind and respectful without being a push over. There is such a strong team atmosphere here. Employees truly love the children and work well together for children’s sake. Best team I have worked with childcare or otherwise.

Cons

This a large corporation which shows in the high teacher child ratios and full enrollments, sometimes making a stressful environment for teachers and children. However, not any different from other large chain centers I have worked at.

October 28, 2019Digital Reputation Coordinator

Thanks for the feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoy working with your coworkers as well as the benefits La Petite Academy offers. As a company, we strive to provide a supportive work environment that offers a development path for a meaningful and fulfilling career. Thanks for all you do at your center!

3. "Friendly staff, amazing kids"

Current Employee - Assistant Teacher in Oregon, WI

I have been working at La Petite Academy full-time for less than a year

Pros

I loved working at La Petite, the staff there were all very friendly and welcoming. The children were adorable and I loved spending time with them. I would definitely recommend this job to both a beginning and experienced childcare worker as it is very structured.

Cons

Doesn't pay as well as I would have hoped.

4. "Fun and Safe Environment"

Former Employee - Assistant Preschool Teacher in Marietta, GA

I worked at La Petite Academy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working with children, building lesson plans for them

Cons

Less pay than hoped for

5. "Not enough pay for so much work"

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in San Diego, CA

I have been working at La Petite Academy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Love my director, team, kiddos and parents. I enjoy the curriculum very easy to follow. The company does give us tools to help be a great teacher in our classrooms.

Cons

Not enough pay, no way a teacher can survive on the salary they receive. Frequent teacher turn over. Hard to promote due to lack of teachers.

June 18, 2020Digital Reputation Coordinator

Thanks for sharing your review. As a company, we strive to provide a supportive work environment that offers a development path for a meaningful and fulfilling career. As part of that, we regularly evaluate employee compensation and benefits to ensure they’re competitive within the industry. Thanks again for the insights.

6. "Enjoy working here"

Current Employee - Infant Lead Teacher

I have been working at La Petite Academy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great management, coworkers and families.

Cons

Doesn't pay a lot. Raises are small.

7. "No support"

2.0
    Former Employee - Teacher

I worked at La Petite Academy full-time

Pros

I loved the kids I worked with.

Cons

No support from the management.

June 18, 2020Digital Reputation Coordinator

Thank you for the review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed working with the children and families at your center. A strong network of peers, school leadership and corporate support all contribute to providing a positive environment for our school-based employees. We’re sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the level of support you received from upper management. Thank you again for sharing your perspective.

8. "Don’t Recommend"

1.0
    Former Employee - Infant Teacher in Bedford, TX

I worked at La Petite Academy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Being with the children Good hours

Cons

Most teachers are childish Horrible to their children Management cares more about themselves than their parent complaints or their children If you don’t act like their friend they’ll treat you like crap

June 18, 2020Digital Reputation Coordinator

This is upsetting to hear. La Petite Academy is committed towards ensuring a supportive work environment for all employees, where everyone is able to enjoy a positive, inclusive and welcoming environment and is enabled to be successful at work. Thank you for your feedback.

"Kid Farm"

1.0
    Former Employee - Teacher in Smyrna, TN

I worked at La Petite Academy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent pay. Nothing else at all.

Cons

Teachers and kids moved from room to room with no consistency. Children not taught any desirable behaviors. Teachers not allowed to have conversations with parents about the children. Push the boundaries of licensing requirements to have more children in attendance with less staff in attendance so that they can bring in a higher profit.

June 9, 2020Digital Reputation Coordinator

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We’re sorry to hear the level of support you had received from management. It is important to us that our employees feel they have the support they need to be successful in their role. Thanks again for sharing your perspective.

10. "Amazing Company with Ample Corporate Support"

5.0
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at La Petite Academy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Strong corporate support teams. Compassionate workforce.

Cons

None that are controllable. ECE is just a high stress profession. The company does all it can to ease the burden on schools and teachers!

May 28, 2020Digital Reputation Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to review La Petite Academy! We are happy to hear that you have had a positive experience at your center. We know that working in the ECE field can be challenging at times so we appreciate everything you do for the children and families we serve!

Found 520 reviews