KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

La Quinta

Is this your company?

La Quinta

Add a Review

La Quinta Employee Reviews about "front desk"

Updated Oct 18, 2020

Found 38 of over 703 reviews

3.1
La Quinta President and Chief Executive Officer Keith A. Cline (no image)
Keith A. Cline
Pros
  • "Friendly environment guest oriented clean City(in 20 reviews)

• "Friendly staff and meeting new people(in 18 reviews)

• Cons
  • "communication with other shifts and housekeeping(in 31 reviews)

• "house keeping staff rude to front desk staff, homeless in the area(in 30 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of La Quinta and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "front desk"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Opportunities

Mar 20, 2018 - Front Desk Agent in Jacksonville, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Started as a house keeper and they recognized my CS skills. Promoted to front desk short time after. Thank you

Cons

No cons to mention on the company

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

nice management

Oct 5, 2020 - Front Desk Receptionist in Berkeley, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

management is nice, fun people to work with

Cons

house keeping staff rude to front desk staff, homeless in the area

3. 3.0
      Current Employee

Ups and Downs

Oct 18, 2020 - Clinical Psychologist in Lexington-Fayette, KY
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is a lot of down time working the front desk, which allows plenty of time do schoolwork.

Cons

My current manager is quite the disappointment.

4. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Easy job but kind of dangerous depending where you are

Jul 6, 2020 - Front Desk Receptionist in Wichita Falls, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

It´s a very easy job at a hotel front desk. I´m allowed to study and browse the internet while I sit down if there´s nobody in the lobby, which is the majority of the time. The manager is very understanding and supportive.

Cons

I work by myself in a bad part of town. Maintenance leaves at 9 pm, so anybody could attack me and no one would be there for me. There´s no lunch brake, we have to eat at the front desk when we´re alone. Basically the bigger con is the lack of security.

5. 3.0

Great job great benefits

Jun 4, 2020 - Front Desk Agent in Alpharetta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The job offered great benefits and tons of bonuses and opportunity for growth and overtime

Cons

Poor management, huge turnover rate, the job description varies depending on the areas they need help you can be front desk but have to help clean rooms because housekeepers quit the same day

6. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good Job for a Student

Feb 7, 2020 - Front Desk Supervisor in Lubbock, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Family oriented and wonderful coworkers. If you are a college student working as a front desk associate can be beneficial.

Cons

Not enough pay for the amount of work required.

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Overworked, Understaffed

Jul 13, 2019 - Night Auditor in Pearsall, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay was decent, free breakfast after you prepare everything (if there's time), vacation hrs after a year

Cons

We only had 1 fulltime housekeeper with a front desk person who doubled as a housekeeper. During the double's shift tasks would be left unfinished for the night auditor and things would start getting out of hand. I filed complaints but the problem's would persist.

8. 4.0

Decent College Job

Feb 11, 2019 - Front Desk Clerk
      Business Outlook

Pros

The managers I worked under were some of the best.

Cons

Working the front desk solo during the afternoon shift could be brutal in the summer.

9. 4.0

Management Issues

Nov 18, 2018 - Auditor in Irving, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Front desk itself is a great job. Most of the time, guests are happy and easy. There was little to none co-worker interaction on 2nd and 3rd shift. Usually had lots of down time to do whatever I wanted as long as I could take care of the desk too.

Cons

Management would tell you to enforce certain policies with guests then when the guests would complain, management would scold you for doing exactly what they just told you to do. No breaks at the desk. Our hotel didn't have security and only one person worked third shift. Management tried to tell me I had to open the doors (that auto-locked after midnight and needed a room key for access) for potential guests that might come in during third. Nope. Not as a woman alone there. If your relief shift didn't show up, management constantly didn't answer the phone and you had to work doubles. Management would also have the front desk employees who were aiming for a promotion do their job as incentive to "prove ourselves." i.e. corporate slavery. AND IT ALWAYS SMELLED LIKE WET DOG AND CAT PEE.

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 4.0

An ok Front Desk Rep position - depends on location

Oct 14, 2018 - Front Desk Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

+ Paid vacation (relatively newly adopted) + Can be ideal for students - some downtime for studies, depending on location + Sometimes flexible scheduling for students + Lots of variety in customers keeps things interesting + Pet friendly - get to say hi to all kinds of pets! + If you don't mind randomly switching gears between being busy and being slow, the day does often end up going faster

Cons

- Pet friendly often means barking, complaints, stains, odor, etc. - Not a lot of opportunity for advancement - Quality of workday is heavily dependent on quality of co-workers and management - May include busy work for front desk staff such as folding laundry

1 person found this review helpful