KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

La Quinta

Is this your company?

La Quinta

Add a Review

La Quinta Employee Reviews about "guest"

Updated Dec 9, 2020

Found 20 of over 703 reviews

3.1
La Quinta President and Chief Executive Officer Keith A. Cline (no image)
Keith A. Cline
Pros
  • "Friendly environment guest oriented clean City(in 20 reviews)

• "Friendly staff and meeting new people(in 18 reviews)

• Cons
  • "communication with other shifts and housekeeping(in 31 reviews)

• "house keeping staff rude to front desk staff, homeless in the area(in 30 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of La Quinta and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "guest"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Front desk rep

Nov 14, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Love meeting the guest and their pets

Cons

Nothing is bad about working here

2. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Poor Manegement

Dec 9, 2020 - Breakfast Attendant in Boone, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Get to meet new guest every day

Cons

Low pay and no help and keep getting ppl that only want to be there to get paid to do nothing

3. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Decent company, low pay

Oct 26, 2020 - Front Desk Manager in San Antonio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly environment guest oriented clean City

Cons

None of supplies. Cheap ownership. Not clearly defined rules

4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Company and General Manager are fantastic!

Oct 11, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked in many different fields. Never did I think the Hotel industry would be my calling. I am confident that I can move up this ladder. Specifically LQ. This company is all about the praise for hard work and reward for accomplishments. They really pride themselves in guest and employee satisfaction and make it easy to meet that requirement, with all the amenities and Brightside Breakfast. Our location also provides Monday Night football which makes our guests extra happy and easy to accommodate. We are encouraged to sign people up for the Returns program and they offer incentives for sign up. My General Manager Nicole Ursery is fantastic to work under. She is reasonable and understanding. She will absolutely scrub floors with you or run to the phones for you. She is proof that no job is not her job. She sets a great pace and realistic standard / expectation. She is always available for midnight phone calls and questions. She takes pride in her position and her employees. It really does feel like a family.

Cons

You must be a people person to work the front desk. This job is the definition of customer service and satisfaction.

5. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Not EVEN enough money for the stress

May 15, 2019 - Room Attendant in Greenville, SC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Discount was ok I guess Guest encounters

Cons

Low wages for amount of work Reluctant to hire when short staffed Expensive Health Insurance Little to no bonus payouts for meeting or exceeding goals

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

A Company That Cares

Oct 26, 2016 - General Manager in Eastland, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

LQ has corporate owned hotels and franchise-owned hotels. The Here For You culture is focused on the guest experience while the Here For Me culture is focused on the employee experience. The LQ was a great company to work for because the care about the guests being assured, settled in and optimistic with their stay. The core values set the tone in which they care about the people, they are passionate about their services, they are strong in their integrity, they strive for excellence and being unique in what they do. With all that said, working for the La Quinta under a franchise hotel has been one of the best experiences I have had.

Cons

Honestly, I didn't have any cons during my eight plus years working with La Quinta.

7. 4.0

The People

Aug 24, 2016 - Front Desk
      Business Outlook

Pros

This was a job that I'm turning into a career. I love the people and environment. La Quinta takes pride in saying they are about the people. Not just their guest but their employees as well. They have lots of incentives including 2 free nights stay at any La Quinta per year after your 90 days.

Cons

I feel that as far as their benefits go their health insurance provider could be better. And you do not receive vacation time till the January after your 90 days.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

corporate really do care!!!/Alexandria la. Property

Apr 14, 2014 - Front Desk Service Representative in Alexandria, LA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Been with company 2 years. Recently had a unpleasant experience with guest. Our main and most important goal everyday is guest satisfaction. Guest called corporate to voice his concerns. My gm asked what happen and I told him. As I was very uncomfortable thinking would corporate just believe his version. My gm told me everything would be ok. AND IT WAS!!! Guest issue's were resolved and taken care of, and I was not left feeling like I did something that I knew I did not. That is unbeatable employee support and guest satisfaction!! Thank you!!

Cons

I really don't have any cons!!

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Night Auditor - 8 years -

Jul 17, 2017 - Night Auditor, Front Desk Agent, Manager On Duty in Orlando, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Co-workers, nights, guest, employees, pet friendly

Cons

EVERYTHING! From new hires getting every holiday/weekend/sold out night off, from training people who start off making more money then you. The company is a joke with the management they hire. Management is even allowed to run their own personal business out of the hotel. (brewing own alcohol) New hires would call off and leave you stuck at the hotel until another co-worker could replace them, but god forbid management ever actually have to come in to replace ANYONE who no call/no show.

10. 3.0
      Current Employee

My experience working at La Quinta is learning the routine of the hotel industry.

Feb 15, 2015 - Housekeeping in Jessup, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

La Quinta is a business hotel. Most of out guest stay for longer periods of time. I love getting to know these guests and what they do while they are here in Maryland. I also love the breakfast that us employees get to utilize.

Cons

Because it is a smaller hotel, it is very hard to get promoted or more forth within the company. Also its part time and I have been wanting full time. I want to learn more to get more hours but have not been able to.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 20 Reviews