KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

La Quinta

Is this your company?

La Quinta

Add a Review

La Quinta Employee Reviews about "la quinta"

Updated Oct 20, 2021

Found 14 of over 820 reviews

3.2
La Quinta President and Chief Executive Officer Keith A. Cline (no image)
Keith A. Cline

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Your pay check meeting great people working with great people the idea of having a job(in 38 reviews)
  • "Great managers are well paid(in 25 reviews)
  • "Friendly staff and meeting new people(in 25 reviews)
  • "The coworkers were nice and fun to work with.(in 19 reviews)
  • "Great family owners, flexible scheduling and worked with me while I was working on my Bachelors degree.(in 10 reviews)
Cons
  • "Sometimes their was poor management.(in 55 reviews)
  • "Low pay and often have to work afternoons and nights.(in 52 reviews)
  • "the owner will fire you if you try to talk to them about your concerns.there is NO Benefits.(in 29 reviews)
  • "Long hours and turn around shifts(in 15 reviews)
  • "unprofessional management, training is bad, favoritism, turnaround shifts, angry guests.(in 9 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of La Quinta and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "la quinta"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company and coworkers

Mar 5, 2020 - Night Auditor in Deerfield Beach, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule, 2 free nights at any la Quinta hotel each year,

Cons

Pay could be a little better

2. 4.0
    Current Employee

Corporate office has a great culture, it's a place where you like to come to work every day.

Feb 14, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

La Quinta has a great leadership team

Cons

No cons that I can think of

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Some feedback about one of my favorite jobs

May 4, 2016 - HOUSEMAN in Berkeley, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

My best experience working at La Quinta was the opportunity to work under little supervision as well as a team. The dual opportunity gave me a chance to prove my integrity and show my abilities. I gained confidence and a new sense of responsibility on an employment level. I absolutely love working in hospitality customer service

Cons

One major downside was the management turnover. It was very unstable which in turn caused the employees to feel insecure about their position, some employees were even let go or decided to resign because of this. It was a very disappointing time for the staff because our team was torn apart by the instability of management.

4. 3.0
    Former Employee

No bad...but not great

Sep 16, 2010 - Fixed Asset Accountant in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

In this economy it is great to have a job and even though La Quinta isn't perfect the employees make it a great place to work. Management is consistently inconsistent in the way they lead the company but I will be here at least until the economy improves.

Cons

- Low paying job -Long hours -Lack of communication with management -No upward advancement opportunities -Less than average flexibility in regards to work from home

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Loved La Quinta

Jan 25, 2022 - General Manager in Springdale, AR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the best people in the industry to work with were my peers at La Quinta Inns & Suites.

Cons

Company dynamic moved from nearly all corporate owned locations to totally franchise.

6. 1.0
    Current Employee

Pros

The staff, guests, Manager at hotel level. Pride in doing your best.

Cons

Horrible restrictions on housekeepers Keep adding useless training programs they call 'Belts' all employees think it a joke. Corp. Run hotels are horrible. RVP's are very negative I'm surprised upper Mgmt is still in place. I would star clear of La Quinta they preach core values but it's a lie at property level! Mgmt keeps cutting labor but keeps adding more work on all employees!

4 people found this review helpful
  7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Corporate office had great culture, co-workers and decent benefits until acquired by Wyndham

Sep 10, 2020 - IT Infrastructure Analyst in Irving, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, co-workers and decent benefits . People culture, good work life balance, always activities at Corp. office. Room to grow and learn new technologies and many potentials for career advancement.

Cons

While we were La Quinta there is almost no Cons. La Quinta was acquired by Wyndham with totally different culture especially at Corporate office. Executives were no longer accessible. Red tapes and constant hurdles in IT for regional office staff. No support from main office leadership after the merges and outsourcing was solution for everything No room to grow

8. 5.0
    Former Employee

Nice job experience

Apr 10, 2021 - Front Desk Receptionist
    Business Outlook

Pros

i learned a lot at La quinta. The training is strong and management is good

Cons

nothing is negative, everythinh good

9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

No job security and mean management.

Dec 23, 2017 - Guest Experience Maker in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

no pros in this job and company

Cons

They don’t care about long time employees that stayed with them in despite of change of management several times in a very short period, the place is so deplorable that I coped with anger customer every single day per hour and tolerated very hostile coworkers with tattoos all over their faces and excessive and ugly makeup, all were so rude. Management was way too inflexible about schedule and only gave days off to his favorites, be in the manager’s office bringing gossip all day was a safe way to keep the job. Too many employees abusing smoking breaks and making phones calls all shift long, including managers in a smoking free facility… “riding the clock” while I had to be on my feet 8 hours without breaks for the same wage. I wish I googled this nasty La Quinta at Downtown before working there, all about this place was a red flag: reviews, prices, employee’s appearance, inflexible supervisors, police around, renting to homeless, etc.

10. 4.0

The People

Aug 24, 2016 - Front Desk
    Business Outlook

Pros

This was a job that I'm turning into a career. I love the people and environment. La Quinta takes pride in saying they are about the people. Not just their guest but their employees as well. They have lots of incentives including 2 free nights stay at any La Quinta per year after your 90 days.

Cons

I feel that as far as their benefits go their health insurance provider could be better. And you do not receive vacation time till the January after your 90 days.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 Reviews